Some headstone

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im no marble sculptor mate ive no idea if its good,bad or indifferent but as someone mentioned earlier to have it in a public cemetery feet away from where others might want to sit in quiet reflection

Council's can sometimes be a bit on the officious side ,a bit small minded ,BUT there is a difference between insisting wind chimes are removed or getting letters warning about too many teddy bears on

It annoys me when councils decide what's tasteful or not in cemeteries. Its a matter of personal choice. f**k all to do with petty officials. One man's tackiness is another man's good taste.  Not

Posted Images

Just now, Leo Sayer said:

Few more, an old Bahrain hood I made 

20220327_094648.jpg

We had a great time, not hawking but foxing in London and deer outside the M25, we even made it to the local paper on the Isle of dogs for taking fox on the farm at mud chute, but good times come to an end, still had a nomadic lifestyle sort of, stayed in a yurt once with nomadic herders in China, and live in Canada nowadays, but the journey ain't over yet, and my missus wants us to retire in Thailand ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

We had a great time, not hawking but foxing in London and deer outside the M25, we even made it to the local paper on the Isle of dogs for taking fox on the farm at mud chute, but good times come to an end, still had a nomadic lifestyle sort of, stayed in a yurt once with nomadic herders in China, and live in Canada nowadays, but the journey ain't over yet, and my missus wants us to retire in Thailand ?

That's awesome I've never really travelled apart from usual holiday destinations,  furthest place was new York. Used to love the deer myself, but travelled up north for them. These days I love wild camping on my own, kind of nomadic lol. 

20211227_162739.jpg

20210829_190815.jpg

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

Your caravan was palacial compared to mine, the rivets popped down one seam and there was often a draught, hence the arson ending. 

I don't know about palatial lol. These days I wouldn't of kept a dog in it pmsl. Was a sh1t hole inside

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

That montego be worth a bob or 2?

When I used to lamp road siding with the Cumbria lot back in the early 90s. My old mate had a Austin Maestro van we used lamp off the back of it. The engine seized so next time I went up he said he had got a new one, well he pinched a bright yellow forestry commission  van and hand painted it green and just put his number plates on it, and that was his idea of ringing it pmsl. Them boys were feral back in the day lol. 

• Haha 6
21 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

These days I love wild camping on my own, kind of nomadic lol.

I would be into that, our version of wild camping was sleeping under trees sans tent or kipping in a haystack,our characters were sort of formed a little in those grotty caravans I reckon ? I got loads of pics, but all in a storage place in the UK, I will pop back over one day. 

IMG_20220327_060930.jpg

IMG_20220327_060131.jpg

Talking of 

43 minutes ago, mackem said:

Your caravan was palacial compared to mine, the rivets popped down one seam and there was often a draught, hence the arson ending. 

Talking of grotty places, I was once on a three day layover in Bangkok, and bumped into an old pal who was going down to Pattaya to play a darts match for money.

He was a tight f****r, so we got a baht bus down there and stayed in the Koala Bar hotel. What a shit hole ! I opened the wardrobe door and the rats scurried out of holes they had chewed in the back. Place was filthy, cockroaches everywhere, but my mate said "what do you want for 70 baht, (£1) a night " !

I stayed up all night at the bar, then got the bus back to Bangkok !

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Talking of 

Talking of grotty places, I was once on a three day layover in Bangkok, and bumped into an old pal who was going down to Pattaya to play a darts match for money.

He was a tight f****r, so we got a baht bus down there and stayed in the Koala Bar hotel. What a shit hole ! I opened the wardrobe door and the rats scurried out of holes they had chewed in the back. Place was filthy, cockroaches everywhere, but my mate said "what do you want for 70 baht, (£1) a night " !

Cheers.

Sounds like the brass houses in Wigan lol 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, mackem said:

I would be into that, our version of wild camping was sleeping under trees sans tent or kipping in a haystack,our characters were sort of formed a little in those grotty caravans I reckon ? I got loads of pics, but all in a storage place in the UK, I will pop back over one day. 

IMG_20220327_060930.jpg

IMG_20220327_060131.jpg

I agree about character forming, and old pics always good to see. One thing in this game/lifestyle you certainly meet some rum characters.  I don't think we would of met them or been this way if we had been in to cricket lol 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Talking of 

Cheers.

Yup, those were the days ? I was maybe 19?arrived in manila with a mate, jumped in a taxi and asked for a decent hotel, we were young and a bit naive, the driver said he would take us to a hotel we would enjoy ? Manila had black-outs every night back then, power cuts, so we arrived at the hotel, went in, ladies seated all over inside, me and my mate want a room with single beds, receptionist asked for how many hours ? all night, a night "She repeated" You two man want a room for all night? "  the room had mirrored ceiling and the window looked out onto a stage and disco, not outside. The taxi driver had dropped us at one of ermitas finest brothels, oh and I had asked him a Filipino greeting, he told me to say" Ayoko ng babae, gusto ko lang lalake, bakla ako"  I later found it means I don't like women, I much prefer men, I am a raging homosexual ? yes, he had a sense of humour. 

• Haha 6