Crayfish trapping

Well. After a lot of deliberation, a lot of information and a lot of advice I’ve opted for 3 different types of bait. Boilies, bananas and pilchards in oil. I’m going to try in 4 different locations with the above. Have you any comments on bait lads ? Jok.

I went out years back with a proper outfit, using nets , pretty sure it was strips of mackerel wired to the bottom of the net with something underneath to stop Cray from eating from underneath, the net was suspended from a long bamboo cane , if they set 50 nets ,it was time to bring the first one up by the time last one was set, 350? odd for a few hours of an evening out of a chalk stream...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was reading Murphy’s comments that pushed me on. I have had these traps for a few years but, as things do, never got used. They are going in next Tuesday so hopefully I’ll post a result shortly afterwards. Jok.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Mainline The Krill boillies.... little fuckers love em?

What you laughing at jok?? I fed 125 kg of boillies and over 500 kg of coppens pellets into the beat I look after on the Wye last 2 seasons....them crayfish are like their on steroids?....same in most of our lakes...I'm removing weed this weekend,I will drop a trap in when I get there...be full in a few hrs?

• Haha 1