Jimmy Carr

I think Jimmy has reached the status of uncancellable just like gervais ,he'll be just fine.

It's the lesser known comedians you got to feel for in this current climate,  Andrew Lawrence for example.

I can't stand those that sell out to censorship  like Jim Jeffrey's, Frank Boyle, Russell Howard and the rest of the woke spirit crushing comedy brigade. 

Comedy is such a important part of  dealing with sometimes awkward taboos ,political satire is also important but it has to balanced which isn't something we see from the mainstream. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the "Professionaly Outraged" are a bit late on this one. He said, what some would consider, far worse about gypsies, back when Dale Farm was all over the news, on his 8 out of 10 cats pro

Free speech is always acceptable, if you don’t like the bloke don’t watch him, everyone today seems to want to be offended by something or someone, put it down to the internet we’re cowards and Shiite

I rarely read the news anymore but I started thinking about this as I'd seen a headline pop up about a discussion on this subject between a traveller and another comedian. The other comedian was Jewis

Posted Images

I think leveraging power within an organisation/network to end someone’s career because you don’t like them is wrong and dangerous. It’s something we need to resist to protect freedom. Especially in comedy, where fringe and grassroots ideas are often first exposed in public.

Joe Rogan is going through similar for absolutely f**k all reason other than he questions the narrative. He’s way too big to cancel but he is bowing to the pressure disappointingly.

That said, the powers behind this stuff are huge.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, kanny said:

I think Jimmy has reached the status of uncancellable just like gervais ,he'll be just fine.

It's the lesser known comedians you got to feel for in this current climate,  Andrew Lawrence for example.

I can't stand those that sell out to censorship  like Jim Jeffrey's, Frank Boyle, Russell Howard and the rest of the woke spirit crushing comedy brigade. 

Comedy is such a important part of  dealing with sometimes awkward taboos ,political satire is also important but it has to balanced which isn't something we see from the mainstream. 

I rarely read the news anymore but I started thinking about this as I'd seen a headline pop up about a discussion on this subject between a traveller and another comedian. The other comedian was Jewish and he was defending Jimmy Carrs right to make these comments....and the article was saying "out rage as (insert Jewish comedians name here) defends Jimmy's holocaust joke"..... And I thought ffs the Jewish comedian who I had never heard of is more likely to ruin his career here and get himself cancelled. And he wasn't even defending Jimmy's joke, he was talking about how he was born in soviet Russia and censorship is a dangerous thing. 

It's a sad indictment on society that we let the media control us through the medium of targeted 'outrage' 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I rarely read the news anymore but I started thinking about this as I'd seen a headline pop up about a discussion on this subject between a traveller and another comedian. The other comedian was Jewish and he was defending Jimmy Carrs right to make these comments....and the article was say "out rage as (insert Jewish comedians name here) defends Jimmy's holocaust joke"..... And thought ffs the Jewish comedian who I had never heard of is more likely to ruin his career here and get himself cancelled. And he wasn't even defending Jimmy's joke, he was talking about how he was born in soviet Russia and censorship is a dangerous thing. 

It's a sad indictment on society that we let the media control us through the medium of targeted 'outrage' 

That's the irony isn't it 

These people who support cancel culture are the modern day book burners, the modern day fascist. 

are-we-the-baddies-mitchell.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I look at it like this, if us as white people start getting all sensitive and upset every time someone cracks a joke then we are no better than those pathetic, snivelling darkies who cry foul at every opportunity and always want a special favour……f**k that!….let’s be men about it and carry on !

No big deal !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, C.green said:

I sort of agree with wilf. Amd if i was offended what is shouting about it and putting pics up on insta or twitter going to do ? Think he says thesd things hoping to shock n offend abit

It’s not like nobody ain’t been hearing this shit for years anyway mate, you know the form ;) 

• Like 1

He said, " I'm going to talk about the holocaust; six million Jews murdered by the Nazis, a terrible thing, but they also gassed thousands of gypsies, but that's  the thing......no one talks about the positives ! "

What made me REALLY laugh was Paddy Doherty getting all upset and demanding the police arrest Carr ! ?

Imagine that; a p***y wanting the police involved ! We've definitely gone down the rabbit hole when that happens !

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

David Baddiel is another calling for Carr to be cancelled, but I watched an old 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, and Baddiel was on with Jimmy Carr.

Someone apologised for mentioning pork ( ! ), because Baddiel is a Jew.

He said " i'm not that much of a Jew that I can't enjoy a nice pork chop, and anyway my wife is a producer on the Pepper Pig show, so I can't be offended " !

Hipocrytical twat.........

Cheers.

32 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

There's talk in Scotland of creating a 'fit person' vetting procedure for professional footballers. I guess in future the game will be played  by choir boys. 

Yeah it's similar with the police, an obsession finding fit people, which I understand.....but catching criminals and making the public feel safe seems to go out the window 

3 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Personally , I thought it was abhorrent and he wouldn’t have gotten away with saying it about any other of the tick box ethnicities without mass outrage. 

awful really when you think what he could say about them. 

You can also say whatever you like about Christians an get away with it,it doesn't bother me as they'll have to answer for there words when it's there time,but mention jews or muscles etc an youl be hung,one rule for thee.....