Milwaukee 'FastBack'

3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Some amount of the big BMWs on the road now, brother in law bought a new one in 2020 and he's currently in Spain on it, cost a small fortune buying bike, panniers and all the other extras he got. 

My mate got one kitted out , £15k , although he's had bikes forever , most whom come unstuck has a mid life purchase, I liked the idea until I did a CBT and thought feck that lol

• Like 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, bikes aside ... My defining moment came today! Had a fuel delivery. Truck pulls up to my bunker. It's some young lad, this time. New looking. I open the lid. He heaves a sack up and slings

Arrived today. Must say; I put it on my belt and I don't think it'll ever leave there now! It's not every day that I feel I want to mention a new tool. But, yeah; What a lovely piece of kit!

I used to  have all Makita kit....I found I couldn't charge the batteries anywhere because scruffy cnuts would steal them,then my van got done working in Plymouth,lost everything?..I see lots of lads

Posted Images

13 hours ago, mC HULL said:

?like you say they do the job id just rather go japan makita rather than go chinese for dewalt and milwakee 

Milwaukee pisses all over makita stuff. I work in heavy industry and all I will use now is Milwaukee gear drill, grinder, impact gun. 

Had makita, dewalt and Hitachi and they have all failed. Been using g Milwaukee stuff now for 14 years

I do like my makita site radio though.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dogmad riley said:

Milwaukee pisses all over makita stuff. I work in heavy industry and all I will use now is Milwaukee gear drill, grinder, impact gun. 

Had makita, dewalt and Hitachi and they have all failed. Been using g Milwaukee stuff now for 14 years

I do like my makita site radio though.

ive never had any issues with makita mate know loads that use it 

i wouldnt buy the red stuff reminds me of the china flag lol?

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 1

I've had loads of dirt bikes in the past Including a cr500 and I have to say the 89 ktm 250 was far superior in every way,  when I took it to my rebuild guy who had never worked on a ktm he was blown away by the quality of the engine, all that said the most reliable bike I had was a yammy DT 125 but that's not strictly a dirt bike, being honest all the 2 strokes were pretty awful for reliability if you were pushing them hard. 

2 minutes ago, kanny said:

I've had loads of dirt bikes in the past Including a cr500 and I have to say the 89 ktm 250 was far superior in every way,  when I took it to my rebuild guy who had never worked on a ktm he was blown away by the quality of the engine, all that said the most reliable bike I had was a yammy DT 125 but that's not strictly a dirt bike, being honest all the 2 strokes were pretty awful for reliability if you were pushing them hard. 

like you say  people cant believe how well made they are when they first take one apart and all 2 strokes need heavy maintenance if rode alot hard ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kanny said:

Them 2 strokes require alot of attention, but God there good to ride. 

The RMs require a clutch every 6 hours of racing 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, kanny said:

I had a DT 125 as well for a while, brilliant reliable wee bikes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My brother bought his 13 yr old a CRF 250 yr before last...one go up the Field Xmas day...comes back,throws the bike on the floor....says to his dad..'that wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding' I want a 450?

My brother buys him one...he sold it few weeks later and bought an electric push bike?... ungrateful little scroate?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My brother bought his 13 yr old a CRF 250 yr before last...one go up the Field Xmas day...comes back,throws the bike on the floor....says to his dad..'that wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding' I want a 450?

My brother buys him one...he sold it few weeks later and bought an electric push bike?... ungrateful little scroate?

them 250 four strokes are f***ing slow though don’t you think had more pull off a kx100 ? 

the 530 ktm are abit twitchy 

21 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

them 250 four strokes are f***ing slow though don’t you think had more pull off a kx100 ? 

You must never of rode a 250 4 stroke round a proper mx track mchull because on there they're plenty fast enough and would leave a kx 100 for dead. 

If it's just riding round the green or the estate then aye probably feel a bit sluggish. Lol. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Im about 11 stone wet in all my gear..the 750 gives my arms a good work out?...I ride a bike and it's like no one's on it??Ive had xr 650r,yzf 426,wr 450,rmz 450,crf's...kx,cr,yz,Ty,DT,Mt,Tri z 350 trike when I was a nipper...never owned a KTM..bought a SX 50 senior for my boy when he was younger...insane for an auto 50?