Small lurcher

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three weeks old they our 7/8 whippet 1/8 Wheaton genuine only thing is there in N Ireland out off top stuff ? 

marking rat, rabbit, squirrel. 

To be honest I'm not after more , I'm after something my young lad (5 year old ) can hold and walk with me , something to take doing abit of bushing ratting and squirelling , it won't be getting lampe

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Anyone breeding and small whippet type this year 

wheaton x whippet 

bull x whippet 

beddy whippet something around 20/21 TTS 

Three weeks old they our 7/8 whippet 1/8 Wheaton genuine only thing is there in N Ireland out off top stuff ? 

IMG-20220105-WA0027.jpg

• Like 14
20 hours ago, white van man said:

Interesting cross. Are there similar ones you have that are out doing a bit? Be good to see some pics. I’d line something whippet based with something else in for my lad in a couple of years. ATB with them 

I'm breeding 3/4 whippets 1/4 bull this summer hopefully. 

• Like 5
On 09/01/2022 at 21:19, moonlighter said:

Fingers crossed I’m breeding come beddy whippet with a touch of beardy collie/greyhound this spring.. 

what height are these , are you you using another beddy whippet as stud 

7 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Do you find the half x lacking in speeds sully 

Depends on the land, my own dog is fast enough for fox on a fair slip but wouldn't be catching them on a big long slip. 

He's used as a terriermans lurcher if that makes sense.. 3/4 idea is more for the running sideof foxes just for that bit more speed.. For the ones further out 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Sully. said:

Depends on the land, my own dog is fast enough for fox on a fair slip but wouldn't be catching them on a big long slip. 

He's used as a terriermans lurcher if that makes sense.. 3/4 idea is more for the running sideof foxes just for that bit more speed.. For the ones further out 

What size is your dog?

On 06/01/2022 at 21:12, Elchapo said:

Anyone breeding and small whippet type this year 

wheaton x whippet 

bull x whippet 

beddy whippet something around 20/21 TTS 

Might as well get bedlington greyhound bitch ,be stronger than the whippet x bedlington and turn its head to more .

15 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Might as well get bedlington greyhound bitch ,be stronger than the whippet x bedlington and turn its head to more .

To be honest I'm not after more , I'm after something my young lad (5 year old ) can hold and walk with me , something to take doing abit of bushing ratting and squirelling , it won't be getting lamped more than once in a blue moon , just want something for nocking about in cover with on a daily basis and taking with the catty/airgun for nocking couple birds and squirrels,  not interested in catching double figgers on rabbits or hare either so i feel a first x terrier whippet something around 18 /19 tts would suit us down to a tee to be honest 

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

To be honest I'm not after more , I'm after something my young lad (5 year old ) can hold and walk with me , something to take doing abit of bushing ratting and squirelling , it won't be getting lamped more than once in a blue moon , just want something for nocking about in cover with on a daily basis and taking with the catty/airgun for nocking couple birds and squirrels,  not interested in catching double figgers on rabbits or hare either so i feel a first x terrier whippet something around 18 /19 tts would suit us down to a tee to be honest 

Couldn’t agree more mate?, first cross will suit you fine. 

• Like 1