Chain Gloves?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your going to a lot of trouble and expense for nothing imo ,if your round the seventy mark now ,and even if your half blind and cack handed your not going to loose more than one finger every couple of

Dave; I bow to your manly experience, mate. You've bobviously handled more choppers than I.

Good idea Ken I lost my thumb couple weeks ago but that was a 7 ton log splitter don’t think any glove could of stopped that . 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Tis the season of the year. I'm hacking kindling again. Left hand's at a hell of a risk!

Amazon shows like £7.00 or £50+. There's not a lot in between.

I'm looking at a glancing blow from a hatchet, of course, if that matters. Anyone point me at the right kit, please? Bonus points for anything not chink. (No chink chain link? Has a ring to it ~ I'm wasted on you lot :rolleyes:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

King! You fukking belter!!! :yahoo: One look at that and I thought; " Wow! That's a Fantastic idea! Only, I'm splitting tiny pieces of 1" plank off cuts, four inches long. I'd need a Tiny version :( "

Then, that Harry Belafonte moment struck!!! I'll have a word with my mate, the one who can weld! Probably cost me less than the gloves! :boogy:

:signthankspin:

Well if you have 4" off cuts mate..show this to your mate he shows how he made it.....fast forward to 5:35 to see this little beauty in action ?

• Like 1

Insanely generous offer mate. Thanks. But, as you imply, and I think I've already realised, it's really two quite different scenarios.

Such a glove would probably just lend me false confidence and lead me to smacking myself so hard I break a bone, as well as skin. Leaving a scale like impression too.

Keeping my fingers out of the way altogether is a far better solution. Get my little splitter made up and I can just tap that, from a safe distance.

Pity, really. I'm an old " Horslips " fan too! :laugh:

4 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:shok: Oh My Fukking God, Qb!!! That's fukking horrible! Make fukkin Socks wince, that could! I mean, they're not even so sharp, are they? Fukk: Did ye feel it? :(

Anyway, lads; My eyes are bleeding here. But, I think I'm about to spend money, unless anyone cares to disavow me?

Go to Amazon and check out: " Mechanix Wear DuraHide® M-Pact® Driver F9-360 Gloves (Large, DuraHide® Leather) "

Lots of similar gloves. But, for some fukking reason, they all leave the Index Finger unprotected!!! WTF?!

Mechanix seem to get good reviews. Don't sound like they're made in chink? ()I'd dearly love a pair of Milwaukee! Possibly the Only US brand Not to have sold out, yet! But, they're sold out)

Any opinions, please? My finger's itching! :D

Never felt a thing. Threw the very bottom of nail, threw the bone and almost 95% of thumb.??

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, walshie said:

I saw a vid on youtube with a guy testing various chain mail gloves with an axe. He cut the fingers off every single pair.

Why not hold the kindling with tongs?

Or just go for a walk and pick up a bag of dry twigs along the bottom of any hedgerow takes minutes then chuck the 4” peices in to get it roaring  ?

• Like 2

Your going to a lot of trouble and expense for nothing imo ,if your round the seventy mark now ,and even if your half blind and cack handed your not going to loose more than one finger every couple of years ,you've got 10 fingers ,they should see you through ,....it's a no brainer for me .

• Haha 4
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/12/2021 at 14:06, Ken's Deputy said:

Hoping my neighbour will be back to me today. Inspired by this thread, I formulated a crack pot scheme of my own 8)

Spielberg, eat ye fukking heart out! :laugh:

And, for the record? The lump of steel welded on the back doesn't need a hole in it. It's just what he had to hand.

I still have both hands. And a shit ton of constantly renewed kindling! :boogy:

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

And, for the record? The lump of steel welded on the back doesn't need a hole in it. It's just what he had to hand.

The hammer throw at the end as in "job done wankers!!" is cinematography genius!! lol

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

YOU could have just put the axe in the vice without needing to weld to it. And stand to one side? 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1