Downsizing

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Sorry I haven’t read all the reply’s but I have just done what you have said, I,ve worked for myself all my working life, in the final year I was getting more pissed off with customers etc who suddenly appear to know more than the people they employ to do the work because they have watched a video, also the tax man has slowly removed all the cash incentives that made self employment worth doing, now he gets his grubby little mitts on every penny you earn and cash has become a swear word, I,ve started working on the books this year am now on my second job and actually quite enjoying the lack of responsibility,don’t like the clock watching side of things but not having to deal with people more than makes up for it also nice knowing your money is there every week without having to chase it up  , so I’d say I,m probably a bit more tired from working 10hr days but a lot lessstressed from dealing with fucktards every day, ???

Yep agree with that they are defo trying to make us go cashless which I hate ,love a few red ones in the pocket. Getting a company vehicle is really worth some money too. My ole mans not the greatest of health so I will make a decision about work once he’s not with us any longer. I could selll up and rent somewhere a be cash millionaire but property pauper??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do everything I do for my 3 and my Mrs...that's my world,I wouldn't change it,so  long as I got a hole in my arse??

i gave it best about 15 years ago ,just got sick of all the shite , ,just make a few knives and bits and bobs ,out with the dogs ,dont know how i found time for work  ,fk it enjoy your time while your

I'm retired now but worked till 66. In my early 60s was working on the cards as a maintenance manager but had a row with the owner and walked off the job. After taking dip shit jobs agency work etc yo

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Yep agree with that they are defo trying to make us go cashless which I hate ,love a few red ones in the pocket. Getting a company vehicle is really worth some money too. My ole mans not the greatest of health so I will make a decision about work once he’s not with us any longer. I could selll up and rent somewhere a be cash millionaire but property pauper??

Yes mate my van is now parked up on sorn used as a storage space and I have a company van plus fuel card, feels quite nice putting £120 of derv in the tank without the pain, I need it in the short term while I get a few more things sorted then I,ll go down to part time hopefully by next winter ?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Yes mate my van is now parked up on sorn used as a storage space and I have a company van plus fuel card, feels quite nice putting £120 of derv in the tank without the pain, I need it in the short term while I get a few more things sorted then I,ll go down to part time hopefully by next winter ?

What job did you do before mate and what’s your new job. If I’m being too nosey don’t answer mate???

21 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

What job did you do before mate and what’s your new job. If I’m being too nosey don’t answer mate???

I,m a plasterer by trade mate, moved onto my boat in Gloucester last January got a job in a boatyard next door for a few months loved the work shit money and dicks to work for so am back on the buildings doing a bit of everything now at a much slower pace than I’ve worked in years ?

40 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,m a plasterer by trade mate, moved onto my boat in Gloucester last January got a job in a boatyard next door for a few months loved the work shit money and dicks to work for so am back on the buildings doing a bit of everything now at a much slower pace than I’ve worked in years ?

Ok mate yes I remember your boatyard job just was, nt sure if I had the right person cheers for reply. The building game does fuk you up but it’s addictive I don’t know why.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Greb147 said:

What pisses me off is I'm not living a flashy life, on a decent wage and still skint. 

Better off jacking in, breeding a few litters and growing weed cos I must be doing something wrong. 

That sums things up for me really....i looked at what I'd earnt when I did my tax return and I thought wow....never in a million years did I believe I could earn that much....right tidy wage. Yet I've nothing left....and done fvk all. Not been abroad for years, cheap economic car. Odd night away and a cheap meal in the local pub, but nothing flashy at all. 

I have a cracking standard of life working my own hours and I'm very grateful but fck me money goes with two kids. 

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I started off with nothing.... And got most of it left?...both myself and the Mrs are flatout working,you do what you got to do to pay the bills,life's not cheap these days ?

That’s the worse bit about it. I do 40-50 hours a week mrs does 38 people would think we are rolling in it but we ain’t ?

31 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

That’s the worse bit about it. I do 40-50 hours a week mrs does 38 people would think we are rolling in it but we ain’t ?

We are the same,both work ,Mrs runs a little business hiring out party tents and teepees on weekends etc.I'm flatout doing fiddles most evenings and weekends,that's what pays for the little extras....kids go through shoes and clothes faster than our f***ing broadband speed ? we don't live beyond our means, and I certainly ain't no flash f****r?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

We are the same,both work ,Mrs runs a little business hiring out party tents and teepees on weekends etc.I'm flatout doing fiddles most evenings and weekends,that's what pays for the little extras....kids go through shoes and clothes faster than our f***ing broadband speed ? we don't live beyond our means, and I certainly ain't no flash f****r?

Nothing has changed mate it was like that when I was young and had kids never had two half penny to rub together. Worked hard and harvesting game to help saved and still got in trouble after the first recession had to take a loan out that was a mill stone around my neck. Hate to say it but it's the kids that keep you poor and still helping my son out now from time to time. Would I change anything if I had my time again? No of course not it was a struggle at times but some of my best memories were we the kids were small. 

What I would say is plan for when you are old now though.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4

When I was young it felt like I was working me nuts off but not really getting anywhere , but bought a house at 18 yrs old done it up and lived in it.but raced bangers and drunk to much lager.7 days a week working outside of the banger season. It does all come together I suppose the older you get.if we go out to eat all 5 of us then the bill it out of control but I’m now of the thinking that I’d rather spend 300 £ on decent food and drink than 200 and not one of us enjoy it.you only live once so may as well enjoy it sometimes.we got some right rich buggers around our area us more money than sense some of em tho.

• Like 1