Boris VS The Rule Of Law

23 minutes ago, Borr said:

We'd Still be in the EU? , jobs ,who you want representing Britain on world stage, lots of reasons ...

Please don’t take this the wrong way mate, it’s your point of view and I fully respect it, but I’m absolutely flabbergasted when I read stuff like that…….

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I find amazing is that considering some of the truly dark things that happen in our country ...... the thing which had stirred up the populace to question the government, that has riled up all th

I subscribe to the "Ceasars Wife" idiom; If you are in a posistion of power, or able to influence those in power, you must be above suspicion ! If the government are flouting rules and laws

It's ALWAYS been one rule for them, another for the rest of us, that's why they become politicians, and it not just the Tories; remember Kinnocks  MP son travelling hundreds of miles to give his dad a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Serious question what difference who ever is in power what difference would it make to their life's. For me nothing it's one of the reasons i am not bothered so much about politics these days as i believe the job's fecked anyway and its foolish to rely on any of them.

Spot on mate, all these charlatans are our enemy…..they couldn’t give a flying f**k about you, me or indeed the nation.

Couple that with Labour and Tory are basically exactly the same party with almost identical policy’s and agendas it really matters little who out of that shower of shit is in charge.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, WILF said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way mate, it’s your point of view and I fully respect it, but I’m absolutely flabbergasted when I read stuff like that…….

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're deluded if you think everyone will stop voting or that anything you say on politics is ever likely to happen. What do you want anarchy and then Hitler's Germany?

17 minutes ago, Borr said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're deluded if you think everyone will stop voting or that anything you say on politics is ever likely to happen. What do you want anarchy and then Hitler's Germany?

Imho mate, the example you speak of is exactly where we are heading if we don’t change our course……all the parallels are there, we are repeating the same mistakes over and over….ok, some of it may be under a different guise or worded in a different way but it all amounts to the same thing.

I hope I am deluded about it, but I don’t think I am…..madness and abuse of people never ends well

The vote does count, even voting for the main parties, (although I'll probably be voting for an independent or the Reform Party).

The confidence vote yesterday was for a variety of reasons; least of all "partygate", many Tory MP's used that as an excuse for personal greivances against Boris.

The Spartans voted against Boris because they think he isn't going far or fast enough with Brexit.

The Remainers, and there's many of them in the Tory party, think " if Boris goes......Brexit goes".

The "Red Wall" Torys , who owe their seats entirely to Boris, think he's now toxic with the voters and needs to go for any chance of retaining their seats. There's no honour , integrity or loyalty in politics when it might mean their noses are suddenly pushed out of the trough !

The only winners in all this, just, maybe just, will be us , the people ! Johnson will possibly row back on "net zero" and remove some of the green levies, or go  for energy self sufficiency by opening up the North Sea oil and gas fields, start fracking, thereby bringing down bills and providing well paid jobs, maybe even become a tax reducing party again ?

Will it happen, not while he was safe with a huge majority, but now he's in trouble and will need the votes, who knows ?

As the great Groucho said ; " I have my principle......but if you don't like them, I have others" !

Cheers.

Edited to add; these are only my own opinions and others will have different opinions which will be just as relevant ?

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 4

It’s always sticking plasters though isn’t it to just try and get over the line at the next election…..the country is in rag order, it needs root and branch change.

I refuse to accept that a few hundred kids a year dying on the streets is “just the way it is” , I refuse to accept that an epidemic of weed amongst our young is “just the way it is”, I refuse the accept that it took up less of a percentage of your income to buy a home in the Great Depression than it does now, I refuse the accept that anything’s gos, I refuse to accept that the 3rd world is what we should strive for and I refuse the precept that if we just have enough money (that don’t exist!) then all the above is ok !

f**k sake, we have to be better than that don’t we ?

Edited by WILF
39 minutes ago, sandymere said:

May be an image of text that says "Guy Fawkes @blunted @blunted_james james If only the efforts being made to save the PM had been made to save your relatives in care homes."

A large reason for that was that industry was based on cheap foreign labour, and self employed folks having to travel from home to home to make a wage. I agree more should've been done , especially regarding living in staff but some of these places are just cash cows to the owners...

• Like 2

I honestly couldn't care less about drinks in work at downing Street, but when he tried to change legislation to save his corrupted buddy that was a step to far for me..a lot of them are abhorrent folk, I guess we just make the best of what we've got...

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Borr said:

Do you believe that everyone in UK will stop voting?

I don’t want anyone to stop voting, I want them to have the guts and the sense to make different choices when they do. 

27 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Realisticly, how many of the voters would need to change ( with thinking about it) the way they voted for it to make a difference? 

The vast majority mate…..basically, everyone that votes Labour or Tory.

But, it’s not something that can’t be done…..anything can be done…..as this group in parliament prove to us almost daily.

11 minutes ago, WILF said:

The vast majority mate…..basically, everyone that votes Labour or Tory.

But, it’s not something that can’t be done…..anything can be done…..as this group in parliament prove to us almost daily.

come on wilf never ever going to happen is it