Boris VS The Rule Of Law

The rise of UKIP forced Cameron to give us a referendum on the EU, he was confident that it would be a "Remain" majority, but we proved him wrong, and it cost him his job.

He would never have given us a referendum if UKIP hadn't won the EU elections and got four million votes in the UK election.

Sadly, due to our "first passed the post" voting system, UKIP's votes didn't turn into seats, but scared the shit out of the mainstream parties, so yes, voting can bring change, maybe not to who's in charge, but maybe to the way they think ?

Cheers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I find amazing is that considering some of the truly dark things that happen in our country ...... the thing which had stirred up the populace to question the government, that has riled up all th

I subscribe to the "Ceasars Wife" idiom; If you are in a posistion of power, or able to influence those in power, you must be above suspicion ! If the government are flouting rules and laws

It's ALWAYS been one rule for them, another for the rest of us, that's why they become politicians, and it not just the Tories; remember Kinnocks  MP son travelling hundreds of miles to give his dad a

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The rise of UKIP forced Cameron to give us a referendum on the EU, he was confident that it would be a "Remain" majority, but we proved him wrong, and it cost him his job.

He would never have given us a referendum if UKIP hadn't won the EU elections and got four million votes in the UK election.

Sadly, due to our "first passed the post" voting system, UKIP's votes didn't turn into seats, but scared the shit out of the mainstream parties, so yes, voting can bring change, maybe not to who's in charge, but maybe to the way they think ?

Cheers.

First 'past' the post.

Thought I'd help you out before astanley seen it!!  ?  ??

45 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

come on wilf never ever going to happen is it 

Why not ?

Years ago the biggest party was the Liberals…..look at them now.

Brexit was never going to happen 

Legally buggering boys of 16 would have been thought unbelievable and yet, here we are.

London a minority white British city……you’d have been called mental if you had suggested that 70 odid years ago.

Anything can happen !

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, shaaark said:

First 'past' the post.

Thought I'd help you out before astanley seen it!!  ?  ??

I throw the odd one in to keep him on his toes ! ?? !

(that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it ! ).

Cheers.

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, WILF said:

The vast majority mate…..basically, everyone that votes Labour or Tory.

But, it’s not something that can’t be done…..anything can be done…..as this group in parliament prove to us almost daily.

First past the post favours voting inertia by design……FOMO

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Food bank UK, increasingly used by working families.  The  rich are getting richer the poor poorer,  tory Britain. FB_IMG_1654677763828.jpg.8768139ab6d6031f98bd523c82c47129.jpg

I saw a story relating to this on the news about the foodbank issue and the cost of living crisis last night and how we were all doomed which was closely followed by a report that holiday bookings had increased by a 140% and airports were struggling because of the surge and they couldn't employ staff to do the work! 

Surely if you struggle financially the first thing you would do is find a job (if you dont have one) reports show a record high of 1.1million vacancies or take on a extra part time job, closely followed by dropping the annual holiday until you got straight?   

I know everyones situation is different and I dont doubt there are some genuine cases but this is starting to smack of "look at me Im a victim of the system" syndrome which this country seems to have embraced.    

• Like 5
1 hour ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

I saw a story relating to this on the news about the foodbank issue and the cost of living crisis last night and how we were all doomed which was closely followed by a report that holiday bookings had increased by a 140% and airports were struggling because of the surge and they couldn't employ staff to do the work! 

Surely if you struggle financially the first thing you would do is find a job (if you dont have one) reports show a record high of 1.1million vacancies or take on a extra part time job, closely followed by dropping the annual holiday until you got straight?   

I know everyones situation is different and I dont doubt there are some genuine cases but this is starting to smack of "look at me Im a victim of the system" syndrome which this country seems to have embraced.    

I think there is a massive culture of blame the victim mate.

The fact is, there may well be a trillion vacancy’s but if people can’t afford to live on what they are paying then they won’t take them.

Taking an extra part time job May either be not worth it from a tax point of view or in lost benefits which would again push people even further into poverty. 
The old bill round my old way were nicking people with an evening job delivering take away because their car insurance isn’t “commercial” !!’ 
What chance do people have with that type of mentality from government ? 

I know lads that wouldn’t do overtime because it literally wasn’t worth it, by the time the tax man got his hands on it they were earning about £20 a day…..so they didn’t bother, they wanted to but they couldn’t, numbers didn’t stack up.

I think it’s absolutely to our shame that food banks even exist in the U.K., the fact they are needed is terrible.

I read this morning that the tax burden is the highest it’s been in eighty years !!! 

Nah mate, I’m not having it that people use foodbanks for the “kudos” …….that’s just a non starter for me.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, baker boy said:

People using food banks but still got fckn Sky tv Neflix ect

I take a slightly different view mate, why shouldn’t people have those things…..do we want people in abject misery before we approve of them having to beg food so they don’t starve ?

I don’t.

Theres government ministers flying about in cars they didn’t pay for, full of Fuel they didn’t pay for, heading to a lunch they won’t pay for and collecting money that was once yours for the trouble……nah mate, some poor f****r having a telly is pretty far down the list of things we shouldn’t approve of imho mate?

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, WILF said:

I take a slightly different view mate, why shouldn’t people have those things…..do we want people in abject misery before we approve of them having to beg food so they don’t starve ?

I don’t.

Theres government ministers flying about in cars they didn’t pay for, full of Fuel they didn’t pay for, heading to a lunch they won’t pay for and collecting money that was once yours for the trouble……nah mate, some poor f****r having a telly is pretty far down the list of things we shouldn’t approve of imho mate?

totally agree with the above but there are a lot of people that abuse the food banks which is a shame fot the ones that really need it

• Like 2

Just called into Rotherham town to Ramsdens a money exchange to order some Croatian money for my holiday their was a que a mile long as well as outside other pawnbrokers apparently those without a bank account are cashing the cheques for the council tax rebate were they will loose out after they have took their cut what a sad state of affairs. 

2 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Just called into Rotherham town to Ramsdens a money exchange to order some Croatian money for my holiday their was a que a mile long as well as outside other pawnbrokers apparently those without a bank account are cashing the cheques for the council tax rebate were they will loose out after they have took their cut what a sad state of affairs. 

I've just applied for my council tax rebate this morning.

There was only two options:

If you pay by direct debit it will be paid directly into your bank.

If you don't pay by direct debit you have to give your bank details.

There was no option to get a cheque.

Maybe it's different councils policies ?

But if people have received a cheque from the government, why don't they cash it at the Post Office ?

Cheers.

31 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think there is a massive culture of blame the victim mate.

The fact is, there may well be a trillion vacancy’s but if people can’t afford to live on what they are paying then they won’t take them.

Taking an extra part time job May either be not worth it from a tax point of view or in lost benefits which would again push people even further into poverty. 
The old bill round my old way were nicking people with an evening job delivering take away because their car insurance isn’t “commercial” !!’ 
What chance do people have with that type of mentality from government ? 

I know lads that wouldn’t do overtime because it literally wasn’t worth it, by the time the tax man got his hands on it they were earning about £20 a day…..so they didn’t bother, they wanted to but they couldn’t, numbers didn’t stack up.

I think it’s absolutely to our shame that food banks even exist in the U.K., the fact they are needed is terrible.

I read this morning that the tax burden is the highest it’s been in eighty years !!! 

Nah mate, I’m not having it that people use foodbanks for the “kudos” …….that’s just a non starter for me.

See I agree with some of what you say but really what sort of tax rate means you only earn £20 a day ? And even if that was the case I would rather earn £20 and feed my family than go to a food bank, but that's just me. 

I don't think I said users of foodbanks use them for the "kudos" either but I do believe that for many its a easier option than "cutting back" and has become the acceptable norm, I would rather cancel my netflix that use a food bank but again that's just me.

I enjoy your posts but do get confused at them at times, you bang the drum for the old times, patriotism and taking control over your own future and then appear to argue against it.

Remember claiming victim status because of the cost of living and a persons situation can be viewed as the same as using it for immigration argument Wilf!     

• Like 2