Nancy At Six Months.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first cross deerhound/greyhound bitch Nancy is six months old now, so measured and weighed her today. She's 26 " and 58lb; Progressing as expected. Recall is good, retri

Just an update on my first cross deer/grey, Nancy; Seven months old today, 27" and 62 lb; Coats coming in, and she's shaping up nicely. Still on course to give her a run around Fe

This is my last deer/grey, Lima, at around the same age; She made 29" and 75 lb. This pup is stockier and heavier boned, but I think she'll make around the same size, maybe not quite a

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Couple of questions charts - as I’ve never had anything to do with deerhounds. What size would you expect her to make ? And you say you’ll start her by 10 months ? Would she be fully grown by then. 

This is my last deer/grey, Lima, at around the same age;

IMG_1594.JPG.6065be0a057f7010ed6bf06ae6da844c.JPG

She made 29" and 75 lb.

This pup is stockier and heavier boned, but I think she'll make around the same size, maybe not quite as tall.

I think she'll be fully grown by then, but obviously not fully matured. I'll make my own evaluation when the time comes if she's ready or not. If I thinks she's not, I'll give her more time. I'll not risk ruining a dog by being impatient ?

Cheers.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

She will be a fast bitch. From my experience with dh's I'd be leaving her till 24 months but, you know your own dog.  Really like them as a breed of dog, brains to burn but can frustrate the hell out of ya at the same time. Only my experiences of a few dogs tho. I have seen some top dogs and some that would be best suited as an enormous lapdog. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Just an update on my first cross deer/grey, Nancy;

Seven months old today, 27" and 62 lb;

IMG_1692.JPG.83a83593ccf3fad2f47cb3d5810f3616.JPG

Coats coming in, and she's shaping up nicely.

Still on course to give her a run around February.

Cheers.

Lovely dog charts 

Them shoes tho bruh?

• Haha 1