Status quo bassist rip

9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Guns top them all imho 

appetite era can’t be beaten , don’t have the longevity of Metallica / AC/DC but shone brighter 

Are you forgetting “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins ?……have you lost your mind ! 

• Haha 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw ACDC at Wembley arena in 1990 on there Thunderstruck tour.Same year I discovered ecstacy and went from a scruffy grebo biker to a loved up raver overnight.

Enough said now.....

Stand aside you beginner !  

On 27/09/2021 at 22:13, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Guns top them all imho 

appetite era can’t be beaten , don’t have the longevity of Metallica / AC/DC but shone brighter 

I love AC/DC and Metallica, Quo are ok.......but to me, the Rollin Stones are ........in a league of their own.......

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Behave 

iconic , raw , less is more sometimes but probably the most defining Rock concert of all time . 

My pal had that gig on VHS after he recorded it off some mad cable TV show one night when we were still at school.We watched it till it was warn out.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Behave 

iconic , raw , less is more sometimes but probably the most defining Rock concert of all time . 

I’d be Guns & Roses……..

Youd be Chesney Hawks !

Had GnR Lies album on a knock off cassette....was like gold dust... Appetite was the album that made me stand up and take notice, 87 or 88??

Would have been 11 or 12, got it at a market in North Devon, made my old man play it in the van back home...got a bit of look when Axle starts screaming about f***ing this and that...then Rocket Queen and the live recorded sex with the port star... "not really the Beatles is it"... no its not...thank f**k!!! Lol

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Had GnR Lies album on a knock off cassette....was like gold dust... Appetite was the album that made me stand up and take notice, 87 or 88??

Would have been 11 or 12, got it at a market in North Devon, made my old man play it in the van back home...got a bit of look when Axle starts screaming about f***ing this and that...then Rocket Queen and the live recorded sex with the port star... "not really the Beatles is it"... no its not...thank f**k!!! Lol

My younger brother was into them befor me as I was more into old school metal/rock at the time 87/88 we'd have been 12 and 13ish.He had Lies but Id never took much notice But when I heard Welcome to the Jungle and Adlers drumming at the start of Rocket Queen I was hooked.Never the same band after they booted Adler out.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, downsouth said:

My younger brother was into them befor me as I was more into old school metal/rock at the time 87/88 we'd have been 12 and 13ish.He had Lies but Id never took much notice But when I heard Welcome to the Jungle and Adlers drumming at the start of Rocket Queen I was hooked.Never the same band after they booted Adler out.

Agreed, he "bounced" everything along... the big power songs on Use your illusions weren't a patch on the raw rock of Appetite imo...

I was listening to Sabbath, ACDC, Metallica etc....but GnR were the band that really grabbed me at that time if I'm honest...