Pup prices

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to put things in context. A decent pair of wellies will cost £100-£150 and last probably less than a year of hard wear. Four top end new mud terrain tyres for a pick up will cost between £700 and

Have you bred litters yourself?  I know there are always people on here giving their opinion on how much dogs should be sold for, but have never bred a litter and never intend to, but they still think

I was lucky to be gifted my 4 year old boy when he was a pup and I've recently bought a well bred sal bull grey gave 300 got 50 back for luck didn't know the man before I met him that day. There are s

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Ah right, I lose track. It’s got about as much to do with shepherding as ....... well something that has f**k all to do with it ? 

?

Often wonder if some of these silly dog/stock prices are advertising, and they get a whole lot of luck money ?

Edited by Gilbey
On 23/09/2021 at 20:19, Scoot44 said:

Me being old well 50 and out of the loop for years , I seeing prices of £500 £600 for a pup , is that the normal now? I bought my last bitch 12 years ago weaton bull for £150. I am  still thinking that's a reasonable  price or am delusional? Also with the demise of earth dog running dog is there anything like it anymore or is that things from the past as well?

Thanks 

Andy

Have you bred litters yourself?  I know there are always people on here giving their opinion on how much dogs should be sold for, but have never bred a litter and never intend to, but they still think they should dictate the price which of course they can to an extent because they are the market. That is if they are buying from peddlers who are producing dogs mainly to sell.

If you came to me for a pup and said anything about price, the phone would go down, because a man whos first thought is money will never appreciate the breeding and hard work gone into proper breeding. Your question ought to be "are there any really well bred litters about?"  A well bred dog could be anything from free to £1000 but the chances are if your mind is clouded by money you wont see what really counts. 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, jeemes said:

Have you bred litters yourself?  I know there are always people on here giving their opinion on how much dogs should be sold for, but have never bred a litter and never intend to, but they still think they should dictate the price which of course they can to an extent because they are the market. That is if they are buying from peddlers who are producing dogs mainly to sell.

If you came to me for a pup and said anything about price, the phone would go down, because a man whos first thought is money will never appreciate the breeding and hard work gone into proper breeding. Your question ought to be "are there any really well bred litters about?"  A well bred dog could be anything from free to £1000 but the chances are if your mind is clouded by money you wont see what really counts. 

You’ve hit the nail on the head there?

5 hours ago, jeemes said:

Nail on head ! 

7 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

You see it all the time on Facebook… the first and only question is ‘how much? ‘ 

The reason it’s asked up front id bet is because what’s the point in asking any thing else if you’ve waisted a hour of your life asking the ins an outs then say yeah I’ll have one an they say £1000 each but you only want to spend £500 seems a big waist of time I personally think a lot off adds for sale are very misleading they are written very vague with no real information in the add it’s all so you have to contact the seller for them to big up there shit to make a sale 

• Like 2