Veiw from your office

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

Another thing I've noticed the last 10 yrs is...people start off doing abit,but then have the bright idea of subbing the work out and making a good drink on top,for sourcing labour ( you might have a painter tending for civil engineering work ?)..pays for the range rover sports and the silly spanking new pick ups ?...you have gangs of lads flood a job...few months down the line they get sussed for winging it and f****d off for shoddy workmanship etc...there's literally no money in the job when you come behind them and pull them out the shit..left my last place after 10 yrs ,started with 2 lads I worked with who set up on their own.Im on a decent day rate,so is my labourer,my tax and stamp is payed,supply me a vehicle,pay insurance, tax,fuel,and best of all I'm home every night for 5 pm?...I can  go back and sub for £30 plus an HR if I wanted too,the works there if you want it...but I've learnt over the yrs...the grass ain't always greener,done 15 yrs, working away,chasing the coin,and you have no life...I slept in my own bed 5 times in a 9 month period once ?when my 2 Nd one was born I f****d it off..people told me I was mad working  for a 1/3 of the money I was used too...Mrs was flapping like f**k?I'm an easy come,easy go sort..never ever worried about money,always lived for work because I enjoy it.. and that is the Secret,find something you enjoy doing? ?

• Like 3

I had a spell working in a steelworks between completing my trade and then returning to site work after redundancy. The thing I noticed on returning was that there were few time served boys working as site managers and more either started on the site manager collage path or also ex army who had civils experience during their service. I don't want to tar all with the same brush but in my experience these types have no empathy with the trades on site and do not see the sometimes shit work being done and only see positives by someone who is good at keeping his hard hat on. Time served ex tradesmen (used to be mostly brickies or chippies) who moved on to running sites knew the crack and know shit work while its happening. Not looking to offend but if I have its just my experience.

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, hambone said:

I had a spell working in a steelworks between completing my trade and then returning to site work after redundancy. The thing I noticed on returning was that there were few time served boys working as site managers and more either started on the site manager collage path or also ex army who had civils experience during their service. I don't want to tar all with the same brush but in my experience these types have no empathy with the trades on site and do not see the sometimes shit work being done and only see positives by someone who is good at keeping his hard hat on. Time served ex tradesmen (used to be mostly brickies or chippies) who moved on to running sites knew the crack and know shit work while its happening. Not looking to offend but if I have its just my experience.

Most site agents these days started off as slimy  drivers on the folks who muffed enough arse and stabbed a few in the back along the way ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

65E7C90A-9050-4C3B-9C01-45B7584F60A6.jpeg

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

It’s been a rough week ? 

51 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Four hours sleep in the motor and out with the mutts. Oh the life we live. 

Are you a hobo lol

Thought you don't like weed......

14 minutes ago, Francie said:

Well you used the weed thing to make out I was a nut because I believe in the bible/creation,anyway cut that hair an get a shave/wash ya scruffy hoor lol

No I just asked the question - were you the weed smoking creationist ? Which you confirmed. Nothing against it, just some interesting characters on here. 

• Haha 1