Veiw from your office

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tillylamp said:

funny you saying that mate, i get the same feeling looking back, i think when you step away and see how the area you come from has changed and the way you are living now it really opens your eyes....making that break to move away has done us the power of good, i wouldn't want to be anywhere else than here right now bud....

I feel nostalgia for Sunderland Tilly,but having a base on the outskirts of London and Ottawa I think I have the best of both worlds,but probably going to end up a snow bird.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tillylamp said:

thanks for that bud....i made my own wrap machine and drying machine from a rotisserie motor, saved myself $200 bucks....i only do it as and when i need to really.... 

Looked a bit pro 👍 

Be nice to see the finished job with the epoxy mate. That bit always goes wrong for me it just keeps moving with gravity. Lol

Is that why you have the rotisserie motor  to keep it turning while drying?

A

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Looked a bit pro 👍 

Be nice to see the finished job with the epoxy mate. That bit always goes wrong for me it just keeps moving with gravity. Lol

Is that why you have the rotisserie motor  to keep it turning while drying?

A

thanks bud, i'm no pro though....lol

yes, that's why your epoxy is running, if you don't have a drying machine you would have to sit there for half an hour to keep turning it then every 10 mins after that until it's set enough to be left....with the rod in the drying machine you can do a light coat to let the tread soak the epoxy then after 10-15 mins or when tacky (not dry) add the top coat to give it that high build, or there are some who put there high build on in one hit, after that keep an eye on it because it can still sink into your thread, if that does happen you can take a lighter and with just a quick flick under the epoxy (which will darken your thread colour, you can use a colour preserver) you can loosen it again to runny then move it round over the thread to level it out again, then let your dryer do the rest, it self levels it's self out after that bud.....here's my homemade one nothing fancy but it works just as good... 

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

thanks bud, i'm no pro though....lol

yes, that's why your epoxy is running, if you don't have a drying machine you would have to sit there for half an hour to keep turning it then every 10 mins after that until it's set enough to be left....with the rod in the drying machine you can do a light coat to let the tread soak the epoxy then after 10-15 mins or when tacky (not dry) add the top coat to give it that high build, or there are some who put there high build on in one hit, after that keep an eye on it because it can still sink into your thread, if that does happen you can take a lighter and with just a quick flick under the epoxy (which will darken your thread colour, you can use a colour preserver) you can loosen it again to runny then move it round over the thread to level it out again, then let your dryer do the rest, it self levels it's self out after that bud.....here's my homemade one nothing fancy but it works just as good... 

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

Quality that👌

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

I feel nostalgia for Sunderland Tilly,but having a base on the outskirts of London and Ottawa I think I have the best of both worlds,but probably going to end up a snow bird.

i know what you mean bud, England will always be my home, you have done well for yourself bud... having a few bases is your reward now, but for me it's the freedom i can have without anyone telling me i can't do that....lol...fishing, hunting, motorbikes, side by sides, building etc. etc....

a while ago i was offered a big brand new 3-4 bed house, developed basement with games room, cinema room,  with deer hunting cabin, open land and woods, brand new big workshop 2 story high, a small house, on 200 acres for $500,000 (£290,000), it's probably gone up a bit now, but that's how much i could have bought that for...bargain....you wouldn't get that in England.....

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

i know what you mean bud, England will always be my home, you have done well for yourself bud... having a few bases is your reward now, but for me it's the freedom i can have without anyone telling me i can't do that....lol...fishing, hunting, motorbikes, side by sides, building etc. etc....

a while ago i was offered a big brand new 3-4 bed house, developed basement with games room, cinema room,  with deer hunting cabin, open land and woods, brand new big workshop 2 story high, a small house, on 200 acres for $500,000 (£290,000), it's probably gone up a bit now, but that's how much i could have bought that for...bargain....you wouldn't get that in England.....

Yes mate,seen some absolute bargains in Canada,though the prices around Toronto,Ottawa and Vancouver are high by comparison,we were lucky to buy off-plan when it was still a field,plus the O-train coming out to us has bumped the value right up,Ottawa is a really green city compared to London,I was in Tooting today and it’s crowded as f**k,something you could never say about Ottawa,but there again population density for Canada is 4.4 people per Km Sq with UK at 278 people per Km Sq,we are a bit squeezed in the UK.

• Like 1

Type one in and the lads are here piling, 5 meters down for a 6 foot wall, no idea why, so I’m leaving them too it and off on a 5 hour drive to Reading for a family wedding, think I’d rather stay and put this Yorkshire stone down 

IMG_9385.jpeg

IMG_9386.jpeg

IMG_9387.jpeg

• Like 2

Got to seal a few bits off a ladder.then off to repair some chest of drawers,fix up a tv bracket,re attache a radiator valve,fit 2 x velux window blinds...last job is emptying some guttering...then tomorrow drive 2 hrs to move a f***ing great big marquee about 35 m,so my boss can get married week after next...told me hrs work,payed a full shift....will have some of that I think😁...

Then Im off fishing last but one weekend,before rivers close for the off season..

Some blue sky up there....DSC_5632.JPG.82567159582b66285a40981ede407b23.JPG

• Like 3