Veiw from your office

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LincsRatter said:

That was top end of the caster, this is bottom end rolling out the stock ready to get rolled at the mill. 

78dca012-3d0b-45f3-b046-a7d1e30084f3.jpeg

I grew up in aluminium/gunmetal/brass foundry , I'm always interested in the steel I've seen a bit at port Talbot , the scale of stuff blows my mind , I worked a bit in ebbw vale during decommissioning. Wherever you are that looks like a very modern setup , is it UK 🙏

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Borr said:

I grew up in aluminium/gunmetal/brass foundry , I'm always interested in the steel I've seen a bit at port Talbot , the scale of stuff blows my mind , I worked a bit in ebbw vale during decommissioning. Wherever you are that looks like a very modern setup , is it UK 🙏

Yes mate this is the brand new £65m Billet caster at British Steel. Along with an Italian company (Danielli) me and a few other British steel staff have built and commissioned it over the past year. It seen steel for the first time recently. Theres still a lot of good things happening  in our steel industry despite what you hear on the news. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LincsRatter said:

Theres still a lot of good things happening  in our steel industry despite what you hear on the news. 

That’s pleasing to hear, hopefully more British than foreign investment - the tide needs to change.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, ZacB said:

That’s pleasing to hear, hopefully more British than foreign investment - the tide needs to change.

British steel’s Chinese owned but as it stands there throwing hundreds of millions at us. Take what we can at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Chaff said:

You there for a while then mate, what's the size of lake and stocking lurch ?

Couple nights mate and about 65 acres, low stock pit they reckon 40-60 fish, I’ve done 5 fish in 5 years :laugh: some mega old carp in here but feck me everything about it’s hard work :thumbs: 

Couple of the originals both went 32 ish 

“the friendly”

0f532b51-a92c-4a4a-b4cb-44ad4c85b719.jpeg

7bf729ee-b0c5-4865-bb09-ed0134cde495.jpeg“Angry common” 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Couple nights mate and about 65 acres, low stock pit they reckon 40-60 fish, I’ve done 5 fish in 5 years :laugh: some mega old carp in here but feck me everything about it’s hard work :thumbs: 

Couple of the originals both went 32 ish 

“the friendly”

0f532b51-a92c-4a4a-b4cb-44ad4c85b719.jpeg

7bf729ee-b0c5-4865-bb09-ed0134cde495.jpeg“Angry common” 

Leney stocking ? lovely proper big old English carp every lake seems to have an angry common lol

I used to enjoy big low stocked waters, you get a feel for them and always optimistic what ever the conditions 👍

Good luck mate 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Chaff said:

Leney stocking ? lovely proper big old English carp every lake seems to have an angry common lol

I used to enjoy big low stocked waters, you get a feel for them and always optimistic what ever the conditions 👍

Good luck mate 

There’s some rumours a few leneys swim about in there, some of the old mirrors definitely resemble but can’t be 100 per cent sure mate, as we’re a bit far south but proper old English carp. 

I really enjoy it here even though it’s a battle to put one in the net.. it will probably be 30 odd nights before one slips up it’s well worth the graft, cheers mate 

2 hours ago, Chaff said:

Good luck mate 

Few others the lads have had between them. Top three Not my captures apart from the bottom pic . Good stamp of fish. 

db6e5174-bd4c-4025-bb31-a2837c61244b.jpeg

3dafc10f-2605-49ff-abf0-a7957caf2e8a.jpeg

IMG_1762.jpeg

23518ea7-004f-47be-9841-73f96667e43c.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Few others the lads have had between them. Top three Not my captures apart from the bottom pic . Good stamp of fish. 

db6e5174-bd4c-4025-bb31-a2837c61244b.jpeg

3dafc10f-2605-49ff-abf0-a7957caf2e8a.jpeg

IMG_1762.jpeg

23518ea7-004f-47be-9841-73f96667e43c.jpeg

Some stunners there, I fished a low stocked 50 acre estate lake for a few years after the original leneys became an obsession but they all came my way eventually the biggest came last can't find any pictures on phone but took these out of Chris balls book20240211_192330.jpg.6286d4c3a250b0129702a4247e06455e.jpg

They were massive fish size wise but not so heavy, stayed around 25lb for years then crayfish got in lake then they made just over 30.

20240211_192304.jpg.96f621f615ee9abd4e3f33beb4eeeafd.jpg

• Like 2