Who wins ,,lurcher or rifle on a windy night.

3 hours ago, sussex said:

I think it’s the case with both D , it’s just the gun men tend to do it quicker ..funny enough you hardly see a rabbit out here , I’ve seen more boar than rabbits , then I see one close up and had to kill it ! …

902B8FC2-297B-4BA0-8CA7-A5D508F2B580.jpeg.7166f7b245201661a5ad9f79e267fbde.jpeg

I don’t know what was wrong with it but it clearly wasn’t right , I just tapped it on the head to finish it ..there was some dried blood on the pavement ..my brother has been here 19 years and never seen one in the field next to the villa , I drive up and there’s one against the wall ..?

Fcuk the rabbits, did you say Boar?

You got permission like, up for it @keepdiggin

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can guarantee I will kill more rabbits at night with a gun than anybody will with a lurcher ………

I know you do do pest control Ken but that's the technology we lurcher lads face all over the country  with feckers wiping places out but then complaining there's  nothing left I have met more lurcher

Unfortunately a lot of gun men don't know the difference 

Posted Images

Just now, keepdiggin said:

Do you think the Akita would be up for it pal?

I doubt it but who knows, they are dog dominant dogs but not sure how they are at hunting big game.

What about the XL Bully, straight in no questions asked?

Just now, Greb147 said:

I doubt it but who knows, they are dog dominant dogs but not sure how they are at hunting big game.

What about the XL Bully, straight in no questions asked?

My old American bulldog went on one (by accident) doubt my xl would last long tbh pal plus it’s the boys best friend so wouldn’t even try it. Might try the Frenchman 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

My old American bulldog went on one (by accident) doubt my xl would last long tbh pal plus it’s the boys best friend so wouldn’t even try it. Might try the Frenchman 

Tbf if anything I think an Akita would be a mixer and not a straight in catch dog, they used the original dogs to hunt bears in Japan but the American dogs are a releative modern creation.

My Dad's last Akita was a lovely natured dog tbh but the first one he got in 94 was a danger to other male dogs. 

Mine so far has been so-so, he's showed a few bad signs when he's bumped in to dogs, best to just keep him on the lead.

In a way I regret getting the big fur ball, should have just got a lurcher.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Tbf if anything I think an Akita would be a mixer and not a straight in catch dog, they used the original dogs to hunt bears in Japan but the American dogs are a releative modern creation.

My Dad's last Akita was a lovely natured dog tbh but the first one he got in 94 was a danger to other male dogs. 

Mine so far has been so-so, he's showed a few bad signs when he's bumped in to dogs, best to just keep him on the lead.

In a way I regret getting the big fur ball, should have just got a lurcher.

What’s dogs have you had pal? Will you get another lurcher? I won’t have another I don’t think to hot around here

8 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

What’s dogs have you had pal? Will you get another lurcher? I won’t have another I don’t think to hot around here

Bull crosses and a collie cross for lurchers, done bits with the terriers as well.

That's it for me, lost all the perm and it's the same here, plus the fact that I've got big bills to pay these days.

Fcuk me it was hot last time we used to poach so i imagine now it's tenfold.

I reckon I could get out and about though as some of the lads still go out but ATM just haven't got the time to bring a dog on.

Edited by Greb147