I can remember when my uncle used to have Jackdaws and they used to drive my grandfather wild as they used to nick his fags and lighters. "Am gunna break that bleeding birds neck!"

They thought it had something wrong with it as it was making a funny coughing noise, it was just immitating the dogs barking.

Woke up one morning to find the poor thing beheaded, his old, miserable Jack Russell got hold of the thing, funny that as the game Patterdale was as soft as a brush with him. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

This little fellas just started visiting the boat,  happily sit on your hand and feed also seem to have a lot in common he likes a smoke and a dezzie as well ???

418B59F9-955B-46F1-BC98-8AFAAA2F1E9F.jpeg

6480CEB7-7DD8-4DF8-983F-5971792C958D.jpeg

Wouldn't be wee Brooke's bird Jake lol

52 minutes ago, Francie said:

Wouldn't be wee Brooke's bird Jake lol

I just drove to the shop and the jackdaw was being discussed on bbc radio Gloucester he is a well know character called lockey and is well known around frampton even has a Facebook page apparently, I always had crows and jackdaws as a kid so am quite enjoying his company when he visits  ??

16 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I just drove to the shop and the jackdaw was being discussed on bbc radio Gloucester he is a well know character called lockey and is well known around frampton even has a Facebook page apparently, I always had crows and jackdaws as a kid so am quite enjoying his company when he visits  ??

Keep ye company old hand?

• Like 1

I remember as a nipper of maybe 6 or 7 my old man taking me to see a keeper mate of his he hadn’t seen for years. On the walk up a jackdaw flew down and landed on my shoulder. Even at that age I was nuts about nature, and birds in particular, so was absolutely buzzing, but my ma lost it after it shat all down the back of my jacket ?

Turns out it was my da’s mates bird. They’d been hand rearing crows since they were kids. I’ve got a picture of my dad somewhere as a wee boy, with a magpie perched on his head.

• Like 2

Lot of Jackdaws about this year. I have one I call cheeky mad as a box of frogs, sits it the tree at the top of the garden sounds like he's talking to a mate on the phone. Not bothered if he's on the feeders by me just looks as if to say what the f**k do you want.

P1220161.JPG.2605790f8f0817073719a89409b6f215.JPG

P1220176.JPG.a2c3ed20a4203d039f7513e317e3a605.JPG

Cheers Arry.

• Like 7

Some can be nasty twats, there was a bit of a craze for them around here in the early 90's. One used to attack folk on bikes riding past it's home, cracking bird aren't they.

You can really see their intelligence, being called a bird brain ain't so bad after all. ?

On 30/08/2021 at 14:20, Greyman said:

I went for a meal and a drink to the Brewhouse Kitchen at Gloucester docks a couple of weeks ago . We were sat outside by the water , it was a warm evening and it was nice to be out . Just then all hell broke loose . The girl on the table next to us was on her iPhone and not looking and a seagull swooped down , bold as brass and necked her piece of battered cod . The waitress came out and apologised,  “sorry that was Bruce “ . Apparently he is a local celebrity. If it had been my piece of fish I would probably be on social media, ringing its neck .??

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Just got in from work and he,s sat on the roof waiting for a feed give the misses a bit of bread to hold out and and down he comes ??

EFE15FA3-1283-4418-868C-0F16E1BE1EB2.jpeg

Nice one ? do you think it's been  hand reared or something?  Unusual for a wild one to be so forthcoming,  I have a whole troop of them raid my garden daily but they are very skittish, I can't blink without spooking them.