I reckon Devon & Cornwall FEO have more questions to answer than 000's of responsible law abiding gun owners.

In anyone's eyes, that devil was a feckin wrong un and should never have been in possession.

I wonder why he owned the gun and how often he used it?

Isn't there some clause that says if you don't use the gun with a certain frequency for a stated purpose you stand to lose it?

Someone will put me right.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As they were saying on the news. SGC holders in Britain have been around half a million since the last mass shooting in 2010. Half a million people with legally held shotguns and none of them went on

We all know how strict it is but for lefty wet wankérs, this type of utter tragedy (a 3yr old ffs you utter evil cunť!!) just gives them more ammo (no pun) to try tighten our nuts even more

Totally agree , police incompetence. The guy had his SGC revoked because of violence yet they returned it to him......I cannot understand this at all.

14 minutes ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

Isn't there some clause that says if you don't use the gun with a certain frequency for a stated purpose you stand to lose it?

I was always told that with rifles if you don’t use it, you lose it, then a good while ago I was speaking with an FEO, ( not from my area ) he told me that he had never known of anyone to have had a rifle removed from their ticket through lack of use

I do think that FEOs look at how muck ammunition that’s been used on a regular basis at renewal time 

not including re loading , but it’s always good to keep a diary in that respect 

don’t apply to shot gun shells as we all know 

some shit carry on any way , and just feel for the poor people affected 

• Like 1

The gun shouldn't even come into it. He could have locked the door and lobbed match through the door. He lost the plot which unfortunately happens. The shotgun licencing steps are fine as they are. But no doubt we will get pummelled just so some one high up can make out they have done some thing when in affect they have done nothing. But they will do it just get brownie points off the media and please the plums who want to ban all guns. Sooner or a later another nutter will lose the plot again and the steps they took won't help in the slightest.

I think that we have very robust laws surrounding shotgun and firearms in the uk . And like Foxhunter said , you can’t legislate for the odd nut case. I am surprised however that a red flag wasn’t put up about this guy before he did the terrible things he did . Surely he was acting differently or he’d said something or made threats that would make someone raise concerns over his suitability to possess a shotgun. 
          I was looking at a clip on YouTube, where he was comparing himself to the terminator. FFS didn’t someone who knows him and knows he owns a shotgun, say something? Or maybe he just flipped on that day ? Whatever happened, it’s very sad especially the killing of a child . I feel for the emergency services that had to deal with the aftermath, can’t of been easy . 

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, villaman said:
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘There should be no place in the UK for such use of firearms. Your sport is not worth the potential lives lost’

That is just blatantly using something for another purpose. 

On 14/08/2021 at 11:20, Stavross said:

MI5 don’t check your suitability to own a firearm, if you have come to the attention of MI5 it will be on the police national computer and the firearms department will be aware of that 

I don’t think that firearms laws are lax, but the one thing that bothers me is how easy it is for someone who is unsuitable to get a shotgun as long as they haven’t been in any bother for a while 

as for FAC air, that should 100% be on an FAC, it’s a single projectile, I strongly believe that any sub 12lb air should have to be registered to its owner, it’s not just about the odd nutter that goes out and kills people, it’s more about thick little idiots shooting the local wildlife or local moggie or robbing a post office with an air pistol that looks no different to a  SIG P320

my views are just that, my views, everyone has their own opinion on these things, I maybe just getting old and miserable or it might be just the amount of complete mongs I’ve come across over the years

Shotguns no different to FAC apart from 1 extra character witness and good reason, neither of which would make any difference to someone becoming unstable. 

Two things need to be different:

1. The attitude of those in the community who know someone applying for a weapon who they believe is unsuitable must change if there's a real reason to suspect that person is unsuitable and they must grass the person up

2. The Police need to start listening to warnings about someone where credible. There's some suggestion here that the persons family may have contacted the Police / NHS over their mental state multiple times for several weeks before the incident. I don't know whether that is true, it will no doubt come out over time, but if so, it rasies questions as to why they didn't investigate. 

23 hours ago, mushroom said:

Just seen in some vid, a hand held railgun lol. Has the power of a top end air rifle apparently. 

Not sure about Spanish Law but the UK definition of a firearm is pretty wide. Can't remember it exactly, but it does cover most things.

Edited by Alsone
2 hours ago, Alsone said:

Shotguns no different to FAC apart from 1 extra character witness and good reason, neither of which would make any difference to someone becoming unstable. 

Two things need to be different:

1. The attitude of those in the community who know someone applying for a weapon who they believe is unsuitable must change if there's a real reason to suspect that person is unsuitable and they must grass the person up

2. The Police need to start listening to warnings about someone where credible. There's some suggestion here that the persons family may have contacted the Police / NHS over their mental state multiple times for several weeks before the incident. I don't know whether that is true, it will no doubt come out over time, but if so, it rasies questions as to why they didn't investigate. 

FAC is different to SGC, some need to be members of rifle clubs, others who have land need calibre suitability for that land, if they are granted some have closed tickets, some need to prove extra experience I.e mentoring, especially when you move onto centrefire, it’s a lot more hoops to jump through and can show a person suitability to possess a firearm, yet for a shotgun all you have to say is you want to go and bust a few clays and if you pass the limited checks, away you go, but you’ll know this from when you got yours 

its just been on the radio that the home secretary is changing the guidance, that firearms licensing will now have to check a persons social media, this was only a recommendation before and I bet 99% didn’t do it, it may not stop this sort of thing from happening again but if it stops one idiot from possessing a shotgun, that can only be a good thing

i knew of a lad who had a shotgun and was a fully paid up member of the EDL, now if the police had looked at his social media I doubt they would of deemed him suitable to hold a SGC, I’m not saying he would of used it in anger but some peoples views don’t lend themselves to the possession of firearms 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Stavross said:

FAC is different to SGC, some need to be members of rifle clubs, others who have land need calibre suitability for that land, if they are granted some have closed tickets, some need to prove extra experience I.e mentoring, especially when you move onto centrefire, it’s a lot more hoops to jump through and can show a person suitability to possess a firearm, yet for a shotgun all you have to say is you want to go and bust a few clays and if you pass the limited checks, away you go, but you’ll know this from when you got yours 

its just been on the radio that the home secretary is changing the guidance, that firearms licensing will now have to check a persons social media, this was only a recommendation before and I bet 99% didn’t do it, it may not stop this sort of thing from happening again but if it stops one idiot from possessing a shotgun, that can only be a good thing

i knew of a lad who had a shotgun and was a fully paid up member of the EDL, now if the police had looked at his social media I doubt they would of deemed him suitable to hold a SGC, I’m not saying he would of used it in anger but some peoples views don’t lend themselves to the possession of firearms 

Everything about this guy was alarming, his family were asking for help , because of his mental state . He’d attacked two kids in a park , badly beating a young lad and punching a young girl in the face . He’d had his shotgun removed, but then returned to him last month ? 
           I think that we have the legislation and laws to deal with people like him who want a shotgun. But it’s up to the police to do their job . A job which they get very well paid for . But it’s like every other public sector job . Full of slackers and incompetence. All probably furloughed , at home , doing the garden and diy instead of dealing with mentally ill shotgun owners. 
            Monitoring social media may help , but the more you look into this case , the more I think we will see that it’s police incompetence. 
            Many years ago , my brother in law had a bit of a domestic . He made a threat , the police were called and they took away his shotgun. He never even punched anyone. It was probably the right thing to do , and showed that they were doing their job properly. But this guy ? The mind boggles!!!

• Like 3

It’s 100% down to the police that this happened, up this way a good few years back it was a bloke called Derrick Bird, he had a history of mental health problems and people who knew him had concerns about his behaviour, yet he was allowed to keep his FAC and decided to drive around the local town shooting people with his rifles, firstly people who he thought had wronged him, then just random people in the street before turning the gun on himself, I think he shot about 12 people  

I don’t hold out much hope for the lad I know who is trying to get them back for the second time, even if he has someone high up in a shooting organisation helping him out, I wouldn’t of thought there’s a chief constable in the land that would put their name to that

• Like 1