The mantra that's going to run and run

'Protect the NHS' 

They've used this all through Covid and, this morning on the radio they used it again while talking about possibly taxing fizzy drinks and sweets.

........ being cynical, they know a lot of the British public will have an emotional response to anything concerning the NHS so, this looks like their new trigger to gain a buy in - to be used whenever they see an opportunity. 

If you ask me, they'd be better off protecting the NHS by stamping down on health tourism, chasing the money that other countries owe for us treating their citizens and, diverting more of our taxes from foreign aid.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

'Protect the NHS' 

They've used this all through Covid and, this morning on the radio they used it again while talking about possibly taxing fizzy drinks and sweets.

........ being cynical, they know a lot of the British public will have an emotional response to anything concerning the NHS so, this looks like their new trigger to gain a buy in - to be used whenever they see an opportunity. 

If you ask me, they'd be better off protecting the NHS by stamping down on health tourism, chasing the money that other countries owe for us treating their citizens and, diverting more of our taxes from foreign aid.

100% agree

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

'Protect the NHS' 

It’s total bollocks, anyone with half a brain knows that the business model of the NHS is completely unsustainable.

And because it’s all “free” money they can dream up any type of shit to spend it on…..like sex changes and helping people who identify as a parrot seek counselling.

Its a bottomless f***ing pit. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s total bollocks, anyone with half a brain knows that the business model of the NHS is completely unsustainable.

And because it’s all “free” money they can dream up any type of shit to spend it on…..like sex changes and helping people who identify as a parrot seek counselling.

Its a bottomless f***ing pit. 

I think the older I get, the more frugal I get, the more I get annoyed at how our taxes are pissed away.

It's why I like to see ordinary tradesmen doing Saturday morning cash jobs.

• Like 2

I think we should start a defund the nhs… it’s w@nk

i knackered an eye up, ended up paying for it privately 

I’ve just had steroid injections in me shoulder so I can carry on working, paid for them privately £270

cant get an nhs dentist for love nor money, I pay privately 

I’m a bricklayer not a city banker and I pay double stamp as well… fcuk the nhs and all the boat tramp fleecing it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
49 minutes ago, si brown said:

I’ve just had steroid injections in me shoulder so I can carry on working, paid for them privately £270

I’m a bricklayer not a city banker and I pay double stamp as well… fcuk the nhs and all the boat tramp fleecing it

I agree, the service can be abysmal at time, infuriating even.

Every now and again though things go buttery smooth which gives you hope.

Things need changing though, the thing is we old it to a standard that not many others hold, there's much worse places to be.

5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Didn't you know? Clicky.

Jesus Christ……I just make this shit up to be ludicrous but then I find out it’s real ! 
They should just off people like that and clean up the gene pool !

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Jesus Christ……I just make this shit up to be ludicrous but then I find out it’s real ! 
They should just off people like that and clean up the gene pool !

I love the way he says matter of factly I’ve had my ears cut off ???

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, si brown said:

I think we're probably heading towards private healthcare for the working class and up.......and an NHS for the scrags from around the globe.

• Like 1