If you could only have one dog

1 minute ago, Gilbey said:

Said IF you were bang at it( I'm not either?)

There is/was a few joke characters that everyone takes the piss out of. But I'm on here most days at one of the breaks and just don't see it, you must have a different the??‍♂️

Not a real lurcher man then mate sadly ?you need to start useing words like graft an week in week out or class act an start talking down at people like they owe you a expansion ??Even better if you ain’t got a dog??

maybe I just read stuff weirdly then fella I come on most days for a look just to waist time . I’m not in to this competitive shit with dogs or the mines better than yours bollox 

I recon it’s gotta be a sign fella!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d say my choice would be what I’ve got now I only have one dog for everything I do there’s better dogs out there for individual jobs but I use a collie greyhound beddy greyhound x I think this cross

My choice would be a we beddy whippet greyhound 

?Its a difficult choice to make,...its been a long old life with lurchers...? Regarding lurchers,.. I seem to have undergone a sequence of evolutionary changes over the years, and what suited me 

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, poxon said:

Mate I come on here an see the same old shit dudes giving it the my dogs better than yours shit I’m out more than you I’m killing more than you you should be doing this x amounts of time a week crap by c**ts who ain’t got a dog doing what there say some of the dudes ain’t even got a fecking dog?what’s a matter fella don’t you like I point it out? 

no one as said otherwise. I’m not bang at it ive never claimed otherwise have I? 

To be fair I see a lot more of folk complaining about that, and the fact that it’s “all a load of bollocks” that folk gift pups, about having to be in the clik, etc etc ...... than I actually see it going on ? 

Some folk get a right strop on about it ? Everyone is a bit different, it’s a hobby, like lots of others ..... some folk play golf for a hobby..... for some of those that’s three or four times a year with mates for a bit of fun. And for others it’s three times a week, some kind of weird virtual simulator at home, and driving the length of the country to smack a ball about with a stick on a particular course.

Folk have always done stuff to different levels and it doesn’t overly matter what level you choose to do it to. But ultimately folk will look for those who mess about at the same level they do. It’s just life and there’s nowt wrong with it.

I was chatting to a good mate who is on here about another mate who I was lamenting used to want to get out lamping a lot and has faded away last season. His reply was “yes but for him it’s just one of the things he enjoys doing, for you it’s the be all and end all”. That doesn’t make me a better dog man than him or anything like that, we just see it differently. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
20 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

To be fair I see a lot more of folk complaining about that, and the fact that it’s “all a load of bollocks” that folk gift pups, about having to be in the clik, etc etc ...... than I actually see it going on ? 

Some folk get a right strop on about it ? Everyone is a bit different, it’s a hobby, like lots of others ..... some folk play golf for a hobby..... for some of those that’s three or four times a year with mates for a bit of fun. And for others it’s three times a week, some kind of weird virtual simulator at home, and driving the length of the country to smack a ball about with a stick on a particular course.

Folk have always done stuff to different levels and it doesn’t overly matter what level you choose to do it to. But ultimately folk will look for those who mess about at the same level they do. It’s just life and there’s nowt wrong with it.

I was chatting to a good mate who is on here about another mate who I was lamenting used to want to get out lamping a lot and has faded away last season. His reply was “yes but for him it’s just one of the things he enjoys doing, for you it’s the be all and end all”. That doesn’t make me a better dog man than him or anything like that, we just see it differently. 

Looking for a nibble no thanks lol

• Haha 1

Hypothetical, yes, but if I was only allowed to have one dog, it would have to be one that I could watch putting up a good performance on a daytime hare or roe.

The enjoyment beats the long nights, the soakings, the freezings, the heavy loads, these days ! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Hypothetical, yes, but if I was only allowed to have one dog, it would have to be one that I could watch putting up a good performance on a daytime hare or roe.

The enjoyment beats the long nights, the soakings, the freezings, the heavy loads, these days ! ? !

Cheers.

Can’t agree more ??

• Haha 1

well, as lamping been my main type of hunting the last 30 odd years,ive always tried to get a dog who take what i put him on. As as yet i would say its Buck my 1x gsd x grey , he ticked all boxes for me, he getting old now 9 this august, he given me plenty of good sport in them years, good in the day in woods finding stuff, so good mooching , and  very good in the night, if i ever get another dog, if did what he as done, i be happy bloke.?

• Like 3
17 hours ago, bird said:

well, as lamping been my main type of hunting the last 30 odd years,ive always tried to get a dog who take what i put him on. As as yet i would say its Buck my 1x gsd x grey , he ticked all boxes for me, he getting old now 9 this august, he given me plenty of good sport in them years, good in the day in woods finding stuff, so good mooching , and  very good in the night, if i ever get another dog, if did what he as done, i be happy bloke.?

I have herd you mention the merits of this dog before , would you have any pictures of him past or present ?

I'd agree with Charts on this one, sommat that can stop gear during the day (hopefully in the same field, for a sharp exit!) Whatever that dog may be, i can spin some critters at night too... ?

To be fair, yes, I like a drop of bull blood in a lurcher. I worked half crosses long enough to know both their strenghths and weaknesses and I just get on with them, we worked well together.

Thing is, my game has changed so much over these past years. I really don't need such an animal anymore. As an opportunist hunter, what i need is what i put in the post before, something fast enough to be able to catch day and night. I'm just hoping this current youngster has got enough speed for them daytime runs. And if not, i'd need more coursing blood but i don't want, nor need a 'full' coursing dog and i know that because i'm no stranger to them, or Ormskirk magistraites either... ?