Hare coursing

11 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Seriously now Brothers...? 

Sometimes, we all 'cop the needle' over the silliest of remarks,...words uttered by complete strangers, and often by guys who are on a completely different wave length, to one'self.

In 99% of cases, such foolish comments go in one ear and out of t'other?..but,...for some reason,...certain remarks, strike a chord' and spark off a mode of behaviour that is both wasteful and non-productive....

After a lifetime spent around dogs and dog men,...it is pure stupidity to rise to the bait and become upset from the antics of other enthusiasts,...in short, it is, illogical to get all uptight....and it is most definitely not,.. good Karma...?

Anyway,..we all need a holiday, either an enforced one, or voluntary,..and as I approach my busiest time of the year, I need to remain focussed and not become embroiled in daft, repetitive silly bollocks disagreements over jukels!

I have had a lifetime of such things, and there is no pleasure in being negative towards others....

This Forum used to be the Largest Hunting man's website,...thousands of participating members and choc-full of expertise and amazing , factual reports , posts and thought provoking threads?

Lads often hark back to the good times of this Forum, and there was a big reason why the content was of the very highest.

Yes, there was a fair bit of Moderation, and one or two 'Mods' did take their work a tad too serious? (I've been banned a few times myself)?. However,..the main moderation was frequently done by the members themselves. 

When you have hundreds of guys taking part in a particular thread, there is no place for dreamers, bullshitters or fakers to hide,..the members themselves will be onto them like rats up a drainpipe...

Questions will be asked?

Nowadays, it is easy to obtain facts and truisms about any man's spurious claims.

"The Internet has opened up the veins of truth and allowed the blood of freedom, to flow freely"...

Sadly, look at this site today,...it has become a mere shadow of its former self,...so many genuine lads have chucked in the towel and decided that enough is enough...There is no sport or good craic in this old Forum game any more...Facts are, when the lunatics start to take over the asylum,..we are fecked, and I do mean, proper fecked.?

I love the lurchers,.. I have enjoyed my time with them and I really do owe them everything, and that is the truth. But, sometimes I feel that perhaps a few months away from the same old, same , repetitive, chants has got to be good for the soul?

Right, just thought I should apologise to my fellow members for my own recent lapse of control,...it will not happen again. Do go careful boys,.stay safe and look after your best pals...

Regards, OldPhil...?

_MG_7370.jpg

Great photo Phil

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously now Brothers...?  Sometimes, we all 'cop the needle' over the silliest of remarks,...words uttered by complete strangers, and often by guys who are on a completely different wave length

That's the point fellah,...you don't mess about with the ferrets, and we don't run the big land, with purpose bred coursing dogs,.but, we all have a voice on the Hunting Life....      

Well, I am relieved that you are not going to go the other route with me fellah,.. you sound as though you are a bit of a desperado,...and at my time of life, I don't need to mess with a tough guy lik

Posted Images

19 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Sometimes, we all 'cop the needle' over the silliest of remarks,...words uttered by complete strangers, and often by guys who are on a completely different wave length, to one'self.

In 99% of cases, such foolish comments go in one ear and out of t'other?..but,...for some reason,...certain remarks, strike a chord' and spark off a mode of behaviour that is both wasteful and non-productive....

After a lifetime spent around dogs and dog men,...it is pure stupidity to rise to the bait and become upset from the antics of other enthusiasts,...in short, it is, illogical to get all uptight....and it is most definitely not,.. good Karma...?

Anyway,..we all need a holiday, either an enforced one, or voluntary,..and as I approach my busiest time of the year, I need to remain focussed and not become embroiled in daft, repetitive silly bollocks disagreements over jukels!

I have had a lifetime of such things, and there is no pleasure in being negative towards others....

This Forum used to be the Largest Hunting man's website,...thousands of participating members and choc-full of expertise and amazing , factual reports , posts and thought provoking threads?

Lads often hark back to the good times of this Forum, and there was a big reason why the content was of the very highest.

Yes, there was a fair bit of Moderation, and one or two 'Mods' did take their work a tad too serious? (I've been banned a few times myself)?. However,..the main moderation was frequently done by the members themselves. 

When you have hundreds of guys taking part in a particular thread, there is no place for dreamers, bullshitters or fakers to hide,..the members themselves will be onto them like rats up a drainpipe...

Questions will be asked?

Nowadays, it is easy to obtain facts and truisms about any man's spurious claims.

"The Internet has opened up the veins of truth and allowed the blood of freedom, to flow freely"...

Sadly, look at this site today,...it has become a mere shadow of its former self,...so many genuine lads have chucked in the towel and decided that enough is enough...There is no sport or good craic in this old Forum game any more...Facts are, when the lunatics start to take over the asylum,..we are fecked, and I do mean, proper fecked.?

I love the lurchers,.. I have enjoyed my time with them and I really do owe them everything, and that is the truth. But, sometimes I feel that perhaps a few months away from the same old, same , repetitive, chants has got to be good for the soul?

Right, just thought I should apologise to my fellow members for my own recent lapse of control,...it will not happen again. Do go careful boys,.stay safe and look after your best pals...

Regards, OldPhil...?

_MG_7370.jpg

How many times has that been said Phil even from myself over the years,and ya not wrong about the good lads that used to come on and good stories and knowledge.The site is getting worse by the day and probably will never change now as I think that time is spent.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, lurchers said:

How many times has that been said Phil even from myself over the years,and ya not wrong about the good lads that used to come on and good stories and knowledge.The site is getting worse by the day and probably will never change now as I think that time is spent.

and this is the big  thing as well, internet or not, the hunting ban with dogs changed the  hunting scene  100%, it will never come back, like these forums gone or ever. so just log on  spin few rabbits over, or what you might bump into out with your dog or dogs, just enjoy what great dogs  lurchers  big or small what ever the x , chill folks , as you never know what round the corner, try and stay safe young, and old like me lol

• Like 5
1 minute ago, bird said:

and this is the big  thing as well, internet or not, the hunting ban with dogs changed the  hunting scene  100%, it will never come back, like these forums gone or ever. so just log on  spin few rabbits over, or what you might bump into out with your dog or dogs, just enjoy what great dogs  lurchers  big or small what ever the x , chill folks , as you never know what round the corner, try and stay safe young, and old like me lol

That is true, also the lack of rabbits.

But even after the ban there were a lot of folk on here posting a lot of interesting stuff, with some great dogs and a lot of knowledge.

There was always a % of folk just here for a wind up or to talk nonsense or give folk grief, but the balance started to shift quick and then everyone left. 

I went and came back and it’s a shadow of its former self now, just something to pass the time but can’t think I ever learn anything eyx now 

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

That is true, also the lack of rabbits.

But even after the ban there were a lot of folk on here posting a lot of interesting stuff, with some great dogs and a lot of knowledge.

There was always a % of folk just here for a wind up or to talk nonsense or give folk grief, but the balance started to shift quick and then everyone left. 

I went and came back and it’s a shadow of its former self now, just something to pass the time but can’t think I ever learn anything eyx now 

tried to send pm ?

All things have their day and the forums have had theirs, things like Facebook have taken over then moved on but that does't mean that they are at an end, the car took over from the horse but people still ride. There's still a few of a certain generation, bit like me, that like the format of a forum and we at least will likely continue, its always been that people come and go but maybe as times move on we will get less and less new member until it just dies a natural death but for now it can be an interesting read and a way to update with people and their dogs plus i recon we've all still got a bit to learn from others and there's a few on here that are worth reading.

Just now, walshie said:

Loss of smell and taste, high temperature, cough etc?

Done a test mate, even had to pop into the walk in, as I was convinced. Got to be Covid right .........

As the nurse said, “you do know all of the other stuff hasn’t just gone away”. Apparently the issue is a lot of flu stuff hasn’t been circulating as we haven’t been mixing.

Seeing lots and lots of school kids dropping with it, as they’ve all be at home then all gone into school to mix together. 

This is straight up man flu ? 

• Like 1
On 28/06/2021 at 11:59, OldPhil said:

Questions will be asked?

Regards, OldPhil...?

_MG_7370.jpg

Just read three thread mods like bosun are the reason lads Jack on here men behaving like that.

come on if your not back slapping and speak different to the click seems you are banned very bad way to run a forum.

no debating just one way to think and talk.

you was as bad as each other reading threw it how come one lad is banned ?

On 27/06/2021 at 20:47, socks said:

But I don’t need to feed a kennel full of dogs I’ve got one that can do it all you clearly haven’t so your so called super dogs are left wanting. 

You like middle a the road dogs my friend average at everything will not be as good as a saluki x on edible never be as good as a lab at retrieving never be as good as a terrier at bushing but  below average at everything some men want quality .

• Haha 1
On 27/06/2021 at 23:15, Blackmag said:

That old Hitler as done more to promote and show lurcher and terrier work in a good light in 12 months than me or you have in are lives .? 

You wouldn’t   think so the way he thinks it’s ok To ban people he doesn’t agree with what has he done if you can’t beat em join em and thinks I’ll ban anyone and anything I don’t like. ? 

yes Phil no Phil I’ll lap that Phil image.jpeg.8f9ce0cbd222d38a094b8e880d80d2f8.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Gospel said:

You wouldn’t   think so the way he thinks it’s ok To ban people he doesn’t agree with what has he done if you can’t beat em join em and thinks I’ll ban anyone and anything I don’t like. ? 

yes Phil no Phil I’ll lap that Phil image.jpeg.8f9ce0cbd222d38a094b8e880d80d2f8.jpeg

So who were you in a previous life ? ? 

• Haha 1