Needed this...

14 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'm assuming that's samphire in the pic. We don't have it around here, but I've heard it goes great with grilled fish.

Cheers.

Don't know what it's like now but 10 years back my ex SF mate used to go down early doors to the banks and pick it for Rick Stein, said it was ridiculous price for what it was. R.I.P. Garry Mushrooms.

Cheers, D.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the day off, been non stop lately.. Got out on the water with my lad, my brother and niece plus her boyfriend .. Loads of mackerel, few pilchard and a Gurnard.... drooped a big cuttle f

Love fresh mackerel mate, one of the best eating fish imo..

Yep. I’ve recently been laid off and the weather has come right so I’ve took it as a sign from the gods.  Bit of light spinning off Portland, maybe have a dive elsewhere and might have a look out

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yes mate, got the boat for my Dads 70th gift..

Him, my lad, my brother, my niece and me... 5 of us on the boat so hopefully the old man gets a decent one..

You do realise that if you take Fin he’s going to get the biggest and never let you forget about it. ?

3 minutes ago, robbo said:

You do realise that if you take Fin he’s going to get the biggest and never let you forget about it. ?

Got to pass it to grandad surely? ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, WILF said:

That looks amazing Kev, good for you mate.

Started my day with a guitar player in my yard doing a duet of “Wish you were here” by Pink Floyd !......I shit you not ! 

Been listening to about 10 different versions of that, the last few months.

Have a listen to 'alpha blondie's' version of it wilf.  Seriously good.  ?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Yeah, all SW struggling for staff in the hospitality industry, Covid and all that insucurity of jobs.

Cheers, D.

Herd a story about a local chip shop. Phones there staff and said come back to work we’re opening up. For the staff to turn around and say pay me more money Im getting 80% on furlough so need more money to make it worth me coming back ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Took the day off, been non stop lately..

Got out on the water with my lad, my brother and niece plus her boyfriend ..

Loads of mackerel, few pilchard and a Gurnard.... drooped a big cuttle fish as well that took a pilchard live bait...

Sun was up, the paddle out of the otter out of Budleigh was cracking...

Then barbie time, fresh fish...can't beat it... promised myself I'm gonna take a few more days off, especially when the sun is up!!

IMG-20210531-WA0004.jpg.297ae05e3800a3bcd0827ab54ea5e4f3.jpg

IMG-20210531-WA0006.jpg.8f4ec73218fe9d313c5ffde1728ac6b2.jpg

IMG-20210531-WA0003.jpg.831b6e3df66f7ae4d96001c660bf6b2c.jpg

20210531_162005.jpg.a0d06defe6128222e638c4b830c318dc.jpg

20210531_161146.jpg.41e5532b8cb0a181972407ce7144988b.jpg

20210531_185628.jpg.a85cb762f288db71e8b631afd5d9fe77.jpg

20210531_190009.jpg.52f4f4630b8e840338507dba85f3ea17.jpg

Well envious, ive stanborough lakes,and ,and ,and, yeah shit compered! Nice one mate ! 

57 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'm assuming that's samphire in the pic. We don't have it around here, but I've heard it goes great with grilled fish.

Cheers.

Yes mate it is...

I like it, its salty saves you adding too much salt to season the fish...

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Mossberg12 said:

enjoy nk....hopefully towing the boat to beer or lyme regis next week for a long weekend.

mackeral and bream will be on the menu.....

atb m

Good luck if you're down mate, I fish around beer head a bit and all along Branscombe, the deeps off the head are good for bream and bass, plus some half decent inshore pollack...

Let me know when you're down..

52 minutes ago, fireman said:

There aren't any makeral where i fish in my boats but there are plenty of bass and i had a quick 2 hour trip trolling some lures yesterday, found out the Bass are in and boated 13 in that time. Made me get off my arse and collect  our RIB from storage today and can't wait till next weekend for a trip out  with the family in tow,live the dream as we only get one chance....:victory:..Nice one Newkid..

Cracking fishing mate, nice one 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, sid g said:

devon n cornwall been busy  this weekend ? 

Mentak a bit later when we were trying to leave the car park, boiling hot bank holiday Monday, every man and his dog heads to the beach!

32 minutes ago, robbo said:

Absolutely, every bloody time!! 

14 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Well envious, ive stanborough lakes,and ,and ,and, yeah shit compered! Nice one mate ! 

Cheers mate...its a bit of graft tbf, but worth it when you're out there....