lurcher prices

There’s more to life than money. Did a favour for someone recently, saw them today and got given a nice big chunk of ribeye, dinner for two folk and same of t-bone, fresh cut, off cows that spend their live wandering the new forest. And I just went and dropped off two lambs in half lambs to my neighbours and a couple Other folk who live near who have to put up with the barking dogs and me coming back from lamping in early hours and making a racket. Got some fencing to do Monday, in exchange for some good digging etc. Nothing asked for but stuff always offered it good folk. It’s way of the countryside isn’t it ? 

DB88D60C-C99C-48C7-93D1-786349773C24.jpeg

• Like 12

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s more to life than money. Did a favour for someone recently, saw them today and got given a nice big chunk of ribeye, dinner for two folk and same of t-bone, fresh cut, off cows that spend thei

Ive offered to sort a few different members(won't embarrass them) on here a terrier foc ,when asked... all bar the  1 lad messed me about...shitbox excuse after shitbox excuse, ?needed to re-home my y

All this we should stick together only sell to working homes for a reasonable price is a load of bollocks. The way working lurchers get passed about from pillar to post I would rather sell any su

Posted Images

Just now, mC HULL said:

Best you had you payed for mate ? that should tell you something lol

I can always do with some metacam and penicillin mate ill pay dont need them given  ? ?

I didn’t say it was best I’ve had. He was just a special little dog to me. But to be honest all of the ones that have made the grade have been special to me. And that’s only been four dogs, two now dead and two now in my kennels, one of which is retired. Like I said I’m no expert and not connected or owt, just enjoy my dogs and have a little close circle who are the same and we help each other out. As soon as my mate heard I lost my bitch he rang me and said you can breed from mine, to get some pups and the blood back. Another mate offered me his outstanding bitch to line to a dog of my choice, and a couple others offered me pups or adult dogs. It’s good to know good folk. 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Also think there are probably a few folk on here who will vouch that he was way more like a small Lurcher than a whippet. A small Lurcher with massive cahones ? 

Like I said, like most whippets.  ?? ?

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Like I said, like most whippets.  ?? ?

You are most probably correct mate, and if i was offered one out of same type id be so very sorely tempted. Now i wonder if i could convince the mrs that she should get a whippet for her next dog. It can't be much more on a pain in the arse than her current dog, its a 25" collie/grey/lab/grey who has ideas above her station lol. 

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

You are most probably correct mate, and if i was offered one out of same type id be so very sorely tempted. Now i wonder if i could convince the mrs that she should get a whippet for her next dog. It can't be much more on a pain in the arse than her current dog, its a 25" collie/grey/lab/grey who has ideas above her station lol. 

Collie/grey lab/grey.  That's an interesting type?

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Collie/grey lab/grey.  That's an interesting type?

It came into my life as an adult dog, so I never saw the parents, so just going on what she says. I struggle to see the lab but apparently she saw the dam and it was deffo a lab x, and the collie is very obvious every single day ? 

A82750F2-F9CC-487A-9C93-4562A8FA1203.jpeg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

That one I paid for mate, although to be fair he did it for less than asking price and let me have lick of the litter ? but like I said, I knew no one. I’d been back in the uk for I think two or three months when I booked the pup. That’s what I meant I bought my first runner, I was gifted the rest, although I’ve made them take money or given them something. My point was I’m. It connected etc. Just got a dog, did my best and met some sound folk along the way, always done them good turns abs had good turns back. This pup I’m getting, I’ll make the lad end up with 150-250 somehow ?, a good dinner or two in pub after a day out, bottle of metacam, or penicillin, maybe a nice terrier couple, whatever. 

way it should be mate i helped my mate rescue two terriers a few seasons ago bitch in 2 days dog in 3 days stuck in the bottom of a lift shaft under an old hospital..we got em ..next day he turned up at my door with a russell pup for me wich sadly was killed in a kennel fight...next day he turned up with the dog pup he kept for himself and gave it to me like you said one good turn deserves another...

• Like 2

i dont think anyone holds a gun to your head to buy  ,its no good  moaning  , if you cant afford it  , tuff,,  expect these days to pay up to 500 quid for a decent dog ,over 10 or 12 years  of life  thats not bad  .the days of 20 or 30 quid lurchers have long gone ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All this we should stick together only sell to working homes for a reasonable price is a load of bollocks.

The way working lurchers get passed about from pillar to post I would rather sell any surplus pups to pet homes knowing they have a permanent home and are not going to be passed on to the lurcher merry go round when the working home owner decides its not what they want or their bored and want to try another hobby!

• Like 8
30 minutes ago, joe ox said:

All this we should stick together only sell to working homes for a reasonable price is a load of bollocks.

The way working lurchers get passed about from pillar to post I would rather sell any surplus pups to pet homes knowing they have a permanent home and are not going to be passed on to the lurcher merry go round when the working home owner decides its not what they want or their bored and want to try another hobby!

Alot of truth in that. 

Ive offered to sort a few different members(won't embarrass them) on here a terrier foc ,when asked... all bar the  1 lad messed me about...shitbox excuse after shitbox excuse, ?needed to re-home my young lads bitch,after it killed a ferret for the second time a few days ago..I looked at the prices for blackdogs on that Preloved..same price as a Frenchie?£900 was the cheapest.I put the little bitch up for £250...  had a few Mongo's texting 'will you take £170 and I collect today'?..I had 34 people enquire in first 2 hrs....all by text most just looking to make a good drink on it, first person that made the effort to actually call and speak to me got her?let her go to an old boy who just lost his 16yr old patterdale dog..came from Manchester this morning for her..

My point being..folks moan about prices..you offer them something for nothing...and the thick cnuts f**k you around ?you can't win ?

They are better off in a pet home...than with some f***ing messing kunts?

• Like 10