Sale pitch

7 minutes ago, micky said:

Back in the 60s   i saw a small Whippet Bitch catch 12 Winter Rabbits on the bounce ! they were not in a beam or been or bolted by Ferrets they had been put up by a Spaniel from Hedge's and Woodlands at a place called Mount , St , Bernards Abbey near Whitwick , for Rabbiting in the Midlands i have never saw a dog that come close to it ..

Keep away from Whitwick, they eat there young

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many a man that do foxes week in week out added whippet to there line. If you think about it, it actually makes perfect sense as to why you'd add it. Who wouldn't want a dog to take off faster and tur

Phone call lad got some bull greyhound x whippet pups for sale , what's parent doing , just rabbits but do a fox if had chance,  my reply I'd f**k all of little mix if got chance but that's never goin

Lets be honest how many bull crosses could do 3 or 4 in a night 3/4 times a week?I spent many years lamping regularly with different lads with bull crosses containing all the famous lines you hear abo

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

That's why we have dogs to suit our terrain, you'd starve waiting for big clod hoppers to catch anything where I hunt.?

Mate there’s not a whippet x born would beat my dog over 100 meter or more lol 

don’t get me wrong over 20 yds for a strike and done there great ?? 

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

i wouldnt pay any intrest to a site like that mate....

its an interesting discussion ...which is faster over a short distance or acceleration ....i honestly dont know the answer...

however i think hunting and racing are very different ....as is quick thinking....when you watch a good racing grey leave a trap i would be very surprised if a whippet could match it....but on the other side when a rabbit leaves a hole i would be surprised if a grey could match a whippet or very whippety type lurcher....

its a good question for the greyhound and whippet racers on this site.....max charts breeze or any others ....what has been the outcome when whipps and greys have been raced together....must be some data out there   

You just hit nail on head tomo from seeing it with your own eyes mate a whippet beat all over short burst rabbits bolting 20 yds  but we was talking fox at first hundred yards no small whippet type beat big in over 100 yds ?? 

14 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

But there's alot of difference between a fox a week and 3/4 a night 3/4 times a week. A half whippet would take too much stick in a night to be out the next night and certainly wouldn't be able to do it week in week out. They havent got the power imo and wouldnt add anything to a fox dog 

14 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

I had a little half whippet bitch that didn't have it to do foxes herself but was great for turning them for the big dogs on small fields. 

3/4 a night running 4 dogs lol whippet to bend um ? 

No matter the distance a fit track greyhound will beat a whippet every time ... here is the science. 

Acceleration Speed
At maximum acceleration, a greyhound reaches a full speed of 70 kmh within 30 metres or six strides from the boxes, traveling at almost 20 metres per second for the first 250 metres of a race.

The only other animal that can accelerate faster over a short distance is a cheetah that can reach speeds of 109 kmh over 3-4 strides from a standing start.

The greyhound can maintain an average speed of 16.45 metres per second over a 500 metre race, decreasing to around 14.6 metres per second as it crosses the finish line.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, socks said:

No matter the distance a fit track greyhound will beat a whippet every time ... here is the science. 

Acceleration Speed
At maximum acceleration, a greyhound reaches a full speed of 70 kmh within 30 metres or six strides from the boxes, traveling at almost 20 metres per second for the first 250 metres of a race.

The only other animal that can accelerate faster over a short distance is a cheetah that can reach speeds of 109 kmh over 3-4 strides from a standing start.

The greyhound can maintain an average speed of 16.45 metres per second over a 500 metre race, decreasing to around 14.6 metres per second as it crosses the finish line.

Don’t need science socks lol or read things on google lol you watch different types run you soon get an idea ??
only think I seen I think would a been there with a grey first 50 yards is a few quarter bull 3/4 grey I have seen spitting mud 10 foot in air  for 50 yds lol 

I don’t need science or google either I was putting that up for the sceptics that won’t believe unless it’s written down. This is a clip of one of my greyhounds smashing a track record and he wasn’t even a sprint dog but I would have bet any money over any distance on him against a whippet. 

• Like 3
On 05/04/2021 at 08:43, tank34 said:

Phone call lad got some bull greyhound x whippet pups for sale , what's parent doing , just rabbits but do a fox if had chance,  my reply I'd f**k all of little mix if got chance but that's never going to happen is it ??

At least hes telling the truth.Unlike 90% of the bull cross owners ive met over the years

• Like 2
Just now, socks said:

I don’t need science or google either I was putting that up for the sceptics that won’t believe unless it’s written down. This is a clip of one of my greyhounds smashing a track record and he wasn’t even a sprint dog but I would have bet any money over any distance on him against a whippet. 

Lol educating them with science let’s hope they don’t find some other scientific study saying something else lol ?? 

There must be some film of greyhounds versus whippets out of traps but I can't find it. I know whippets look very fast, their stride turnover is phenomenal. One of my mates has a little race bred whippet, proper little flyer looks quick on its own but when running with my Galgos it gets left behind within a few strides and they're not as quick as a greyhound. Having said that it takes plenty of rabbits and can literally turn on a sixpence but on a longer run it's  always making up ground. Horses for courses. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

But there's alot of difference between a fox a week and 3/4 a night 3/4 times a week. A half whippet would take too much stick in a night to be out the next night and certainly wouldn't be able to do it week in week out. They havent got the power imo and wouldnt add anything to a fox dog 

Lets be honest how many bull crosses could do 3 or 4 in a night 3/4 times a week?I spent many years lamping regularly with different lads with bull crosses containing all the famous lines you hear about on here and I never saw many despite all the bollocks Id been told.Im talking single handed walked up not chasing them across a field in a motor and chucking multiple dogs out

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1