• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents to say I’m excited is an understatement I’ve just sold my old ProQ smoker on eBay and it surprised me how much I got for it so I took the plunge and have upped my game to an American Pit Boss Au

Buddy did a little BBQ for mother's day  

Was handsome 😋 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kanny said:

Feel for you bud ?

20220417_163931.jpg

Very nice mate I usually do mine on the spit, what setting did you put it on and for how long and did it crisp up on just under the normal cooking, I’ve been working all weekend typing this at work so I haven’t had time to have a cook up I’ve two legs in the freezer and I was gonna stick one in the smoker but I held back because of getting it to be pink, It looks very nicely done your definitely getting the most out of your smoker ?

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Very nice mate I usually do mine on the spit, what setting did you put it on and for how long and did it crisp up on just under the normal cooking, I’ve been working all weekend typing this at work so I haven’t had time to have a cook up I’ve two legs in the freezer and I was gonna stick one in the smoker but I held back because of getting it to be pink, It looks very nicely done your definitely getting the most out of your smoker ?

I cooked it hot,  pretty much as I would in the oven  my thermometer was saying 180°c the smoker was set at 205°c I gave it around a hour at that then dropped the temperature to around 150°c on the thermometer for another hour the meat was very cold when it went in the thermometer was reading 0°c , I was aiming for medium because the mother in-law is a heathen and doesn't like it pink lol...i removed it at 57°c  internal  in the fattest part  and rested for 40 minutes  it climbed upto  62°C in the rest , it all worked out well,  the mother in-law got the well done tail end  and me and the mrs got our pink meat ?

20220417_175755.jpg

20220417_180520.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, kanny said:

I cooked it hot,  pretty much as I would in the oven  my thermometer was saying 180°c the smoker was set at 205°c I gave it around a hour at that then dropped the temperature to around 150°c on the thermometer for another hour the meat was very cold when it went in the thermometer was reading 0°c , I was aiming for medium because the mother in-law is a heathen and doesn't like it pink lol...i removed it at 57°c  internal  in the fattest part  and rested for 40 minutes  it climbed upto  62°C in the rest , it all worked out well,  the mother in-law got the well done tail end  and me and the mrs got our pink meat ?

20220417_175755.jpg

20220417_180520.jpg

Looks spot on, I tend to cook for me and boys missus has the well done bits, a mate bought a huge sirloin joint cooked it for the in-laws and they had half a slice each, I said I'd have fried them a couple of burnt slices and cooked it to suit..lol. resting the meat is key , nobody wants a meal floating in blood and juice.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, kanny said:

20220417_175755.jpg

20220417_180520.jpg

Spot on I’ve got to give it a go its one of those meats where you definitely don’t want to overdo it thanks for the info I’ve saved that for when I eventually get let out of work ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Spot on I’ve got to give it a go its one of those meats where you definitely don’t want to overdo it thanks for the info I’ve saved that for when I eventually get let out of work ?

Tbh mate the meater thermometer makes it pretty fool proof,  even I can pull it off ?

• Haha 1

I do chicken as is missus' staple meat ,kids like it, the dry thigh keeeebab went down well but sweet pork shoulder steaks did better , who is the instigater of the candy drumstick Kanny???

13 minutes ago, Borr said:

who is the instigater of the candy drumstick Kanny???

YouTube ?  just something a bit different,  they are a bit of a pain to prep but look the part when done,  be great for a get together ?