15 minutes ago, kanny said:

Patience lol , I've done ribs for nearly  9 hours  before,  if they are probe tender they should be fine ?

I got two young kids , surprised the dog never got eaten.. all was well I'd give them longer next time the wings were triple dipped whilst cooking in medium nando peri peri and were absolutely banging...?

IMG_20220409_193457179_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220409_193148070.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents to say I’m excited is an understatement I’ve just sold my old ProQ smoker on eBay and it surprised me how much I got for it so I took the plunge and have upped my game to an American Pit Boss Au

Buddy did a little BBQ for mother's day  

Was handsome 😋 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Borr said:

The Google has done me .... 250 for five hours internal of 203 been waiting an hour , should've gone hotter...still got wings to go making me look amateurish lol, which I am , next time allow 7 hour cook

29 minutes ago, kanny said:

Patience lol , I've done ribs for nearly  9 hours  before,  if they are probe tender they should be fine ?

I put pork ribs on 100*C last night, went out for a couple, came home at 5am ? and the ribs were dryer than a camels arse and crunchier than a tramps underwear ?‍♂️Still, the dog and me enjoyed them dipped in coleslaw and hot sauce, her not so much ?

so tonight I’m making it up to her with 1kg beef ribs, half a kilo of fried chicken thighs, corn, slaw and wedges ?

• Haha 4
32 minutes ago, Borr said:

I got two young kids , surprised the dog never got eaten.. all was well I'd give them longer next time the wings were triple dipped whilst cooking in medium nando peri peri and were absolutely banging...?

If you got any rib meat leftover then it makes great burnt ends  for tomorrow....If lol

4 minutes ago, kanny said:

If you got any rib meat leftover then it makes great burnt ends  for tomorrow....If lol

Lol, loads was gonna warm it up in oven and make a red vino gravy and mash , I'm still munching but got meat sweats, I'm not a wing guy but these has the perfect burn ...

IMG_20220409_203106651.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borr said:

Grub looks good mate I love the Nando’s Peri peri sauce I bought this one yesterday XX hot haven’t tried it yet ?

4BED059B-7D57-469D-BA5C-87C575EDCBAF.jpeg.4867b25d336b2dba2cd819d7b6bd8f26.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, FLATTOP said:

Grub looks good mate I love the Nando’s Peri peri sauce I bought this one yesterday XX hot haven’t tried it yet ?

I’ve a bottle of that in the fridge, she won’t let me use it ?

• Haha 2

Tbh medium is enough , gave the kids a nibble at the end for entertainment and because they reckon they're hard. They disappeared to bathroom for a bit but I told them salad makes it better so they devoured the salad all good. Lol...

Edited by Borr
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

If I could get that the missus would try it , I'd have to video it though lol...

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, kanny said:

Great shout, had my boy make the sauce up going on for hour or so low and slow , used this recipe for sauce....going to chuck on along with oak sherry cask wood chip once spuds have had a bit of time... 

IMG_20220410_115155839.jpg

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Borr said:
WWW.GREATBRITISHCHEFS.COM

Burnt ends are a Kansas City speciality, made from the fattier point of a brisket and left to cook for a very long time...

Nice one I'll check that recipe out , Burnt ends are one of my favourite things off the bbq , traditionally brisket but really you can use anything..the  pork belly burnt ends I did on my last cook were amazing,  lots of different variants on YouTube...enjoy ?

3 hours ago, kanny said:

Nice one I'll check that recipe out , Burnt ends are one of my favourite things off the bbq , traditionally brisket but really you can use anything..the  pork belly burnt ends I did on my last cook were amazing,  lots of different variants on YouTube...enjoy ?

Well we're decent probably a little sweet, extremely rich but missus and kids loved them , served with buttery jacket spud , lambs lettuce with French dressing , coleslaw....

IMG_20220410_143706030.jpg

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Borr said:

Well we're decent probably a little sweet, extremely rich but missus and kids loved them , served with buttery jacket spud , lambs lettuce with French dressing , coleslaw....

IMG_20220410_143706030.jpg

Look delicious ?...yeah they are on the sweet side but personally I like that   you don't need many like you say rich... ive got my boeuf in on the lowest setting, try and give it a chance to pick up some good flavour then do a reverse sear job on it ....im hungry now though ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1