What would you do

Reading something on my old towns local page that happened this week.

Long story short, the post was slagging off the security guard but here is the bones of it:

Shoplifter trying to nic booze, Lady manager and a couple of till girls stepped in to stop them and the shoplifter was aggressive and abusive, calling these girls disgusting names.

Anyway, security guard didn’t lift a finger.......BUT......here is the thing I couldn’t fathom, everyone in the store stood and watched as well !!!

Its a pretty busy store and there will be a couple of hundred people in There at any one time and nobody stepped in to lend a hand !

I just couldn’t understand that.....at all !

I have always been the type to get involved if I see someone in trouble or distressed, it’s just something in me makes me do it.

I’d be embarrassed as a man to think I didn’t lift a finger.

Whats you lads thoughts ? 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine being ironed out and rescued by a disabled dwarf with most of his digits missing ! Lol ? 

He slung her over his shoulder and carried her out, her Head and feet were dragging on the floor...lol

you do look like it though

I think what's happened there, mate; Guy's took the shilling. He's visibly in uniform. It's his Job to step up.

So, in Joe Publics eyes? The 'Authority Figure' isn't acting. Thus, they feel it's not only not their place to. But, that in so doing, they'd be usurping the 'authority figure'.

It's difficult to answer without coming across as an "I'm hard and I woulda done him "but it wouldn't be an option for me ,I would have to step in ,...I'm surprised no women came forward they usually put fellas to shame in those situations .

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Astanley said:

It's difficult to answer without coming across as an "I'm hard and I woulda done him "but it wouldn't be an option for me ,I would have to step in ,...I'm surprised no women came forward they usually put fellas to shame in those situations .

All the girls did was get them out of the store mate, I’m not suggesting levelling the bloke I’m just saying surely anyone with a bit about them would have helped ?

There was men stood there watching because one has got all upset with me for saying “what’s the matter with you people” ? Lol 

5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I think what's happened there, mate; Guy's took the shilling. He's visibly in uniform. It's his Job to step up.

So, in Joe Publics eyes? The 'Authority Figure' isn't acting. Thus, they feel it's not only not their place to. But, that in so doing, they'd be usurping the 'authority figure'.

Get that mate, but how could you stand back and see women deal with that alone ?.......I couldn’t face the shame 

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

All the girls did was get them out of the store mate, I’m not suggesting levelling the bloke I’m just saying surely anyone with a bit about them would have helped ?

There was men stood there watching because one has got all upset with me for saying “what’s the matter with you people” ? Lol 

As I said ,for me there is no option ,I'm not saying I would of made a citizens arrest ,or attacked him ,but I couldn't stand and watch women getting abused ,and then if he got lairy with me I would deal with as appropriate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

well as i am a short arse nearly 50 year old with high blood pressure i would have to just walk away.these sort of situations make me feel ill just thinking about them.just to explain i have a short fuse and get very wound up and if i got involved i would be the one who would have to be restrained.

6 minutes ago, kanny said:

Too busy holding there phones looking for likes ?

WWW.CNBC.COM

The increase of hate crimes against Asian Americans continues to rise in New York...

I mean I know it’s not a new thing, I was in a food court with the family once and an old girl was sat at a table alone crying, there were hundreds of people sat all around her and nobody, not one single person went over to see if she needed help.

I went and sat with her, asked if she needed help, asked her if there was anyone I could call, did she need to talk about anything ?Anyway, got her calmed down and she went off right as rain, to this day I don’t know what she was crying about ?.......my wife just rolls her eyes now like “Here he go’s again!” Lol 

But I genuinely can’t ignore these things and I don’t understand how anyone can? 
Maybe I’m just a total f***ing weirdo ? Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

well as i am a short arse nearly 50 year old with high blood pressure i would have to just walk away.these sort of situations make me feel ill just thinking about them.just to explain i have a short fuse and get very wound up and if i got involved i would be the one who would have to be restrained.

Epileptic? 

• Haha 1