On 02/04/2021 at 22:15, W. Katchum said:

Just had a quick look an these come up, I’m gonna order one out a curiosity ?6CC0E87E-1CA5-49AC-ADD0-DB7233BAE9ED.png.af8afcf93a5c25a3e8b030203e1a4243.png

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

This Loop Mole Trap was first introduced by the Fenn Family in the 1980's. We are re-introducing...

The old Fenn trap that I have has a wire trigger hanging down inside, between the catching wires. This type has a better arrangement, more like a Talpex.

• Like 1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welllp figured y'all my enjoy one if my wall hangers. Pretty sure is a Victor sure grip  

Fenn 'Loop' Mole Traps Here you go, Katch. I got the box down again. Couple of angles for you to get the best idea. Four different Types. It's all in the trigger design, see? Wire loop thing, on

This is the last Rabbit i caught in a Sawyer ! it was in my neighbours  back garden under a shed , i put a sequence of  pictures showing how they worked then the Internet  trap Police pounced . A stup

Posted Images

On 03/04/2021 at 16:18, Ken's Deputy said:

Fenn 'Loop' Mole Traps

Here you go, Katch. I got the box down again. Couple of angles for you to get the best idea. Four different Types. It's all in the trigger design, see? Wire loop thing, on top?

The one front, left in the shots is the Mk 1. Fukking labels have fallen off the rest! ? I'm bound to have their every little detail written out, meticulously, in my files though.

P4030498.JPG.498e85e3ca528d6137f7bd553a39f13c.JPG

P4030504.JPG.6df3421a656a32a7a8a28c3e527df41f.JPG

Now; Some would say, " That's bullshit! 'Four Types'? Well, Three of those are the identical trap, just with the bit of wire bent differently! "

Like; Yes! That's the fukking point!!! Fenn, as said above, never seemed to rest. He was always tweaking his designs. My Collection and records preserve and reflect this.

Start arguing over the degree of difference in traps, to make them worthy of mention? Then you'd may as well grab a chink made Mk IV. Call it a " Fenn Trap " and yourself a " Trap Collector ". I mean, is we're going down That road .....

Thanks for showing, mate. Interesting, seeing the different trigger variations, on these.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Nicepix said:

The old Fenn trap that I have has a wire trigger hanging down inside, between the catching wires. This type has a better arrangement, more like a Talpex.

If you aquire a couple, & get them in the ground, id be curious to see what kind of results, you get with them ?

6 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

If you aquire a couple, & get them in the ground, id be curious to see what kind of results, you get with them ?

Forgot to add, nobody pay that price, adverised, in that advert. You can purchase for less than half that, elsewhere !

On 08/04/2021 at 21:01, Ken's Deputy said:

Yours is a 'Mk I', original, Pix. One went for £35.00 + p&p. Screwed if I'd be putting That in the ground!

This is the trap. It was given to me by a friend along with some mole traps including the one marked Duffus

P1020162.JPG.162c428222212ede8f1b7712751bd287.JPG

P1020160.JPG.07b16256ea405a2e17f30d20a8b09973.JPG

P1020164.JPG.989325568abd22f42f8e2dfa0a3e9e53.JPG

P1020165.JPG.4febf9b29250607c30a45e7ac33161b2.JPG

P1020166.JPG.3f1af726ef9a10b70c75e631040656ce.JPG

• Like 2

I'm not sure about it being THE original type of Duffus trap. I read somewhere once that there were several variants and I seem to recall that the type I have is a later version. I could be wrong. It has been known ?

I have used them both in my garden. Can't get on with the Fenn, but the Duffus has caught. I think the Fenn might be better on those shallow tunnels where the mole has made a reverse furrow by pushing up the turf. Just cut two slits for the trapping wires and a small hole for the trigger and leave the body of the trap above ground. I think the newer version with the Talpex type trigger would be better for deeper tunnels.

10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Wrong or not, tell mrs nicepix if anything ever happens to you I’ll gladly take the rusty ole traps off her ? 

Funny you should say that. I don't want to make anything of it, but I had an 'incident' the other day that could have lead to a clearance sale of old traps and fishing tackle.

It got me thinking that I ought to catalogue all the old built-cane rods and vintage reels otherwise she might sell them off for what she thinks I paid for them ?

If you don't see me posting for a while get yourself over to the Confolens Charity Shop ASAP ?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m same pal my biggest fear is this mad hawk I call sweetheart believed all iv told her about my gear, an tried to give it all away ?‍♂️??

I'm the same...if she knew how much I'd payed for hunting,fishing kit over the yrs....she would cut my throat as I slept???

8 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Believe it or not, that original, genuine Duffus is a bloody show stopper too! Millions of knock off's floating about. But an actual Duffus? Keep hold of that one too!

i have a few that were in among someones collection that i bought

• Like 1

Likely know yourself then they're rocking horse now? So many knock off's came out. Catchers just phased out their originals in time.  Only Collectors held them.

I can well remember a Duffus causing quite the commotion, on ebay, about twenty years ago now. Iconic little trap.

Matt the Rat, off here,..... (who chucked this site, at least a couple o year ago now) was a real advocate , of the original Duffus trap design. So much so, that there was serious discussions & potential plans, to get some modern copies, produced. Sadly, it all didnt come to fruition.