Jigsaw? Eating Goat?

I've ate plenty goat, (and camel), in the Middle East and around the world.

The Arabs cook it very plain, basically just boiled or roast, with rice.

On the sub-continent, Africa and other places, its curried, roast, boiled.

Cant see any difference with a mutton curry. Both delicious If, like anything else, it's cooked right !

Cheers.

3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Curry goat is a marmite, its not like an indian curry and no 2 West Indians will make it the same. 

well, only ever had once , at a paki wedding , the girl used work with my wife at adult collage , so got the invite to the wedding , and what great wedding it was, the goat curry was very nice, had poppa domes, with it and plenty of drink all free all night as well, real good night.

17 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Who's brave enough to eat on of these bruisers then?

Screenshot_2021-01-27-12-05-28-671_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

If your willing to post it I,m willing to cook and eat it, have seen whole goats basted in seasoned paste and buried in the ground with the hot ash and coals for 24hrs seems to make them all fall off the bone tender ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bird said:

well, only ever had once , at a paki wedding , the girl used work with my wife at adult collage , so got the invite to the wedding , and what great wedding it was, the goat curry was very nice, had poppa domes, with it and plenty of drink all free all night as well, real good night.

Mothers step dad is Jamaican and his is different to his siblings but they're all based on their mother's recipe. If you put spices in a different order it can change the taste dramatically 

• Like 1

I,m quite lucky but a bit spoiled as this is my closest Jamaican and he sets a very high standard in curried goat and brown stew but often leaves you a bit disappointed when you try it else where ??and very embarrassed when Jamie tried to bring out his own range of some of the most disgusting Jamaican food  I,ve ever experienced in my life, no wonder he’s closing down at a rate of knots ✌️✌️

RICEANDTHINGS.CO.UK

In 2010 Jamie Oliver contacted Chef to ask if they could meet. Jamie had heard about Rice & Things restaurant and wanted to feature Chef in his forthcoming TV series. He also wanted to spend some time talking...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,m quite lucky but a bit spoiled as this is my closest Jamaican and he sets a very high standard in curried goat and brown stew but often leaves you a bit disappointed when you try it else where ??and very embarrassed when Jamie tried to bring out his own range of some of the most disgusting Jamaican food  I,ve ever experienced in my life, no wonder he’s closing down at a rate of knots ✌️✌️

RICEANDTHINGS.CO.UK

In 2010 Jamie Oliver contacted Chef to ask if they could meet. Jamie had heard about Rice & Things restaurant and wanted to feature Chef in his forthcoming TV series. He also wanted to spend some time talking...

Theres no dish imo like saltfish and acki! 

Non West Indians can't cook it anywhere near the same, my mum can cook it to a fair standard but it doesn't compare to her step dads. His brothers and sisters doesn't taste as good either and I think once you find one that matches your taste buds none will match

On 27/01/2021 at 03:29, Ken's Deputy said:

Forgive me, mate. But, you're the only person I can now contact who's eaten goats. This whole point may yet be completely outside your remit anyway, as this is a Jamaican lady demonstrating how They do it.

Frankly? I stopped at the three minute mark. I'd seen enough! Fukk me! Throwing That much 'Seasoning' on such a small amount of meat ....? And that after the creepy 'wash and rinse' process? Dunno.

What's your take on this, please? No need to watch the whole vid. (I haven't) Just wondered about an experienced goat eaters view of this method. Is that sort of shit really necessary?

And, how do you like your goat?  Does it always come as curry? Would roast goat be fine?

Fukk it: If I had my life over again ~ and / or I could have afforded to fukking choose what I ate? I'd be quite the little taster! ? I'm really pissed off that it's so late in my fukking time that I've become able to actually consider shit like my food.

Fckin hell Frank, you not considering eating that little kid you had, I won't tell my Mrs she will be down rescuing it ?