Jigsaw? Eating Goat?

Forgive me, mate. But, you're the only person I can now contact who's eaten goats. This whole point may yet be completely outside your remit anyway, as this is a Jamaican lady demonstrating how They do it.

Frankly? I stopped at the three minute mark. I'd seen enough! Fukk me! Throwing That much 'Seasoning' on such a small amount of meat ....? And that after the creepy 'wash and rinse' process? Dunno.

What's your take on this, please? No need to watch the whole vid. (I haven't) Just wondered about an experienced goat eaters view of this method. Is that sort of shit really necessary?

And, how do you like your goat?  Does it always come as curry? Would roast goat be fine?

Fukk it: If I had my life over again ~ and / or I could have afforded to fukking choose what I ate? I'd be quite the little taster! ? I'm really pissed off that it's so late in my fukking time that I've become able to actually consider shit like my food.

She explains why she washes the meat. My Indian friend taught me to wash meat that’s mixed with salt and turmeric. This process pull out the “nasties” in the meat

read here 

M.ECONOMICTIMES.COM

Turmeric is known for its therapeutic effect and as a way to kill germs present in raw meat.

as for eating goat, it’s no different to eating lamb or mutton. Same animal family

KD,lol as forest of dean said ,i wouldnt touch curry, reminds me of baby shit ,or a dirty nappy,the mrs,does all the cooking  and she says ,she rubbed herbs and spices  on it ,bought in aldis/lidl...seasoning  or she rubbed olive oil on it ,,then cooked it in the slow cooker for 2 hrs roughly  and transfer it into the over covered in tin foil and basting to keep it moist,, you can cook em the very same as lamb,im afraid im a fairly plain eater and dont like anything even remotely spicy so sorry on that side ,,,if your buying the goat meat, then you dont see what you get but if you can kill em yourself ,take em as young as possible and DO NOT ,eat the billys ....i speak from a distant experience from the past lol they are tough as leather no matter how hard you try ,,also if you had a decent back leg you can trim it in to semi stakes and oven them like a stew with gravy and veg ,but the real good job is the slow cooker ...amazing results on most meats ..

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Forgive me, mate. But, you're the only person I can now contact who's eaten goats. This whole point may yet be completely outside your remit anyway, as this is a Jamaican lady demonstrating how They do it.

Frankly? I stopped at the three minute mark. I'd seen enough! Fukk me! Throwing That much 'Seasoning' on such a small amount of meat ....? And that after the creepy 'wash and rinse' process? Dunno.

What's your take on this, please? No need to watch the whole vid. (I haven't) Just wondered about an experienced goat eaters view of this method. Is that sort of shit really necessary?

And, how do you like your goat?  Does it always come as curry? Would roast goat be fine?

Fukk it: If I had my life over again ~ and / or I could have afforded to fukking choose what I ate? I'd be quite the little taster! ? I'm really pissed off that it's so late in my fukking time that I've become able to actually consider shit like my food.

I love goat meat it’s one of my favs don’t matter how you like it as long as you cook it low and slow, if I want it curried I usually get it from the Jamaican up the road, ( rice and things) as he’s meant to be the best in the country, and at £7 it’s not worth getting my pot out, if you can’t get goat mutton is much the same and is what is in many curried goat meals, ???

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

KD,lol as forest of dean said ,i wouldnt touch curry, reminds me of baby shit ,or a dirty nappy,the mrs,does all the cooking  and she says ,she rubbed herbs and spices  on it ,bought in aldis/lidl...seasoning  or she rubbed olive oil on it ,,then cooked it in the slow cooker for 2 hrs roughly  and transfer it into the over covered in tin foil and basting to keep it moist,, you can cook em the very same as lamb,im afraid im a fairly plain eater and dont like anything even remotely spicy so sorry on that side ,,,if your buying the goat meat, then you dont see what you get but if you can kill em yourself ,take em as young as possible and DO NOT ,eat the billys ....i speak from a distant experience from the past lol they are tough as leather no matter how hard you try ,,also if you had a decent back leg you can trim it in to semi stakes and oven them like a stew with gravy and veg ,but the real good job is the slow cooker ...amazing results on most meats ..

8hrs in a Slow cooker with a bottle of red wine makes even the most scabby old beast very palatable ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I love goat meat it’s one of my favs don’t matter how you like it as long as you cook it low and slow, if I want it curried I usually get it from the Jamaican up the road, ( rice and things) as he’s meant to be the best in the country, and at £7 it’s not worth getting my pot out, if you can’t get goat mutton is much the same and is what is in many curried goat meals, ???

Beat me to it, most sell mutton as goat. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Gav said:

Eat goat all the time, what else can you do with Billy's? ? 

IMG-20210127-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210127-WA0000.jpg

The Billy's I shot are a lot bigger and filthy things,covered in kegs and lice and rank of piss, unbelievable how strong they small.i only use them for dog food,nothing like domestic goats 

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

Castrate them an slaughter them at 18 month to 3 year old, wedders make good mates for other goats. 

2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

The Billy's I shot are a lot bigger and filthy things,covered in kegs and lice and rank of piss, unbelievable how strong they small.i only use them for dog food,nothing like domestic goats 

We don't keep Billy's, once was enough, they do stink an they piss all over themselves aye ? wedders are fine, castrate em at 8week. 

Those are last years kids, mother a Toggenburg an father was a guernsey, not a bad offspring. 

Edited by Gav
3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Castrate them an slaughter them at 18 month to 3 year old, wedders make good mates for other goats. 

I hunt wild goats,I'm not dealing with farmed stuff, I only take the Billy's for dogs whenever I need meat,other than that it's table food all the way

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I hunt wild goats,I'm not dealing with farmed stuff, I only take the Billy's for dogs whenever I need meat,other than that it's table food all the way

We don't have wild ones here, I bet they're a bugger catching to milk ? 

• Haha 1