• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bloody cold down the allotments today; Even switched the heating on in the kennels, must be getting soft in my old age ! Cheers.  

ah up....i bee crying if i didnt get more than 500 mile from a tank.....lol no back seats....tyres pumped up hard....i can get over 600 in my berlingo....

Was going to start emptying a raised bed today start making room for the new bird shed. Fck it off, walked the dogs and lit the fire

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Bloody cold down the allotments today;

FullSizeRender.jpg.2aba020eabc9a085e0173239a3559134.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.bb5b581aa5f7025e3c27fff1c95463b7.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.2624a6f77440e1f3861675f51b293fa9.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.2cf89f49eb292c4efc9a4e0b1a3ce321.jpg

Even switched the heating on in the kennels, must be getting soft in my old age !

Cheers.

yep been cold over most UK last week, getting bit warmer  mid next week, you ever get any probc charts, with foxes or cats after your birds.?  my brother used to keep chickens, ducks, and couple turkeys , the foxes took few chickens, so asked me to go over days with my gun and catch them , went for a week all different times , but never seen a fox, but did catch big feral tom cat who  was after fowl the one day, my 1/4 pit 3/4 grey  got him, was big smelly thing lol

10 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Was going to start emptying a raised bed today start making room for the new bird shed. Fck it off, walked the dogs and lit the fire

IMG_20210109_152635.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by bell
No text
2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Dog looks happy pal. Buy it a Comfy bed though you tight sod ?

Yes mate, photo disappeared , don’t know what happens there !....doesn’t take a lot to tire out the sausage. 

was watching some strongmen i follow on youtube this week....there from scotland and went ice swimming in a loch up scotland near avimore ...they had to smash through the ice to get in the water......i never realised any uk waters actualy froze over like that....

only had a frost down here 

35 minutes ago, bird said:

yep been cold over most UK last week, getting bit warmer  mid next week, you ever get any probc charts, with foxes or cats after your birds.?  my brother used to keep chickens, ducks, and couple turkeys , the foxes took few chickens, so asked me to go over days with my gun and catch them , went for a week all different times , but never seen a fox, but did catch big feral tom cat who  was after fowl the one day, my 1/4 pit 3/4 grey  got him, was big smelly thing lol

A fox had my Cayuga ducks a while ago, killed all six but only took one. 

I've raised the height of the pen and made it as Fox proof as possible.

Im a stoical bloke, a fox gotta eat as well, but I wish they wouldn't massacre the lot !

Still, I get a bit sport killing them with the dogs, so fair do's, I suppose.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, TOMO said:

was watching some strongmen i follow on youtube this week....there from scotland and went ice swimming in a loch up scotland near avimore ...they had to smash through the ice to get in the water......i never realised any uk waters actualy froze over like that....

Gets cold up there, mate !

IMG_0561.JPG.e21ead247d1f41ac4668b0d3b71efdbb.JPG

Got down to around -10 when I was invited up there by the two Davie's !

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Currently -1°C here low today is -13°. Pretty mild for our usuals but the 30mph winds aren't helping.

currently here -6 but like you the damn wind making -20c

i have never taken the dogs for a walk in january here,never

but they have been out everyday

loving this 'warm' weather

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, TOMO said:

We used to walk home from school on the frozen canal in Burnley lol

Christ the shit we got up to as kids, on frozen lakes/ponds, canals etc ?‍♂️

• Like 1