for those into rave

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whats she doing thats so special?pushuing autocue buttons and twisting a few buttons for effect.Seamlessly cueing up and mixing vinyl is a skill but what these modern DJ birds are doing aint anything

Not a patch on Garyoke from our village. 

Have to say i sort of remember his kids being kids and that sort of surprised me as well,but saying that i just got the news this last week i'm going to be a grandad so that time thingy does fly by at

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Off to see Richard Fearless on NYE aka Death in Vegas at a nice little 120 capacity venue near me.2.00am finish which is just about right for me these days. Got tickets to see A Guy called Gerald do a live set at the same veue in early Feb.Be the 3rd year running ive seen him there.Then got the legend that is Marshall Jefferson doing a 6hr set in early March in a small club in Margate.Got 2 or 3 really good small venues popped up on the kent coast the last couple of years getting in some legendary DJs that pull in an older up for it crowd

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

What a load of old shit😂😂 Soppy old c**ts wernt even DJs back in the day just made a couple of very average tracks when the rave scene suddenly went very mainstream and loads of novalty tracks were getting made for top of the pops.23 years later and playing them same old shit tracks,Cant even be bothered to try something new.And that prat jumping around shouting s..t needs that mic shoved down his throat 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...

This is how we used to do it...couple of my mates off the estate used to put on the "proper stuff" raves from around 90/91. Still matey with a few people from that scene. Eclipse/kite high/Braintree barn etc. A couple of the dj's from back then have set up a little thing that gets together about three times a year. Proper old school. Has to be on vinyl and between 89 & 91...

http://youtu.be/ybApmWTM0CU?si=MCkk5zHekc7YPWat

Yokel

Edited by YOKEL
  • Like 1

HadAll this lets bring the old days stuff just dont do it for me and i finnd all the nostalgic Back to the 80/90s stuff a bit too cheesy.A mate invited me to one of them Centerforce dos a couple of years back and it was just a load of over the hill tough guys ans theier bleach blonde,fake tanned,full to brim with botox birds dreseed in silly hi viz accessories shuffling around to some Djs that I liked back in the day.Ellis D ,Ratpack,Billy Bunter etc but none of them played a single track different from 30 years ago.I tried but had to go after an hour.Saying that I still follow some old school origional Djs who still have their foot on the pedal.Colid Dale is one of our favourites,First heard him on Kiss FM when it was still pirate.Then  pal came down from Croydon to pay at one of our parties and ended up staying down here and started bringing Colin down.Then through the 90s we always went to his nights called Knowledge at SW1 club in victoria.He still plays a completey fresh mix of house/techno/acid and most sets hell drop in just one or 2 old school bangers.A couple of others similar are Leyo and Bushwacka aka Matthew B.Mr C origionally from the shamen.Justin Robertson and the best Ive seen who unfortunately passed a month after I saw him who was an absoute master DJ as well as a producer and remixer was Andrew Wethrall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, downsouth said:

HadAll this lets bring the old days stuff just dont do it for me and i finnd all the nostalgic Back to the 80/90s stuff a bit too cheesy.A mate invited me to one of them Centerforce dos a couple of years back and it was just a load of over the hill tough guys ans theier bleach blonde,fake tanned,full to brim with botox birds dreseed in silly hi viz accessories shuffling around to some Djs that I liked back in the day.Ellis D ,Ratpack,Billy Bunter etc but none of them played a single track different from 30 years ago.I tried but had to go after an hour.Saying that I still follow some old school origional Djs who still have their foot on the pedal.Colid Dale is one of our favourites,First heard him on Kiss FM when it was still pirate.Then  pal came down from Croydon to pay at one of our parties and ended up staying down here and started bringing Colin down.Then through the 90s we always went to his nights called Knowledge at SW1 club in victoria.He still plays a completey fresh mix of house/techno/acid and most sets hell drop in just one or 2 old school bangers.A couple of others similar are Leyo and Bushwacka aka Matthew B.Mr C origionally from the shamen.Justin Robertson and the best Ive seen who unfortunately passed a month after I saw him who was an absoute master DJ as well as a producer and remixer was Andrew Wethrall.

No over the hill tough guys or their bleached blonde bimbo's here. Just around 100 max like-minded people of a certain age listening/chatting and dancing to three old djs who'd been in the thick of it around these parts playing some absolute bangers! It's a guest list only type of thing, and if anyone dared turning up in a hi Vis, white gloves or blowing a f***ing whistle, they'd be promptly shown the door! 😁...oh, I also see Andy (Weatherall) a few months before he past. At the red rooster festival of all places, playing old 60's rockabilly type stuff! A great (and very messy) few days...🥴🥴🥴🕺

Yokel 

8 minutes ago, YOKEL said:

No over the hill tough guys or their bleached blonde bimbo's here. Just around 100 max like-minded people of a certain age listening/chatting and dancing to three old djs who'd been in the thick of it around these parts playing some absolute bangers! It's a guest list only type of thing, and if anyone dared turning up in a hi Vis, white gloves or blowing a f***ing whistle, they'd be promptly shown the door! 😁...oh, I also see Andy (Weatherall) a few months before he past. At the red rooster festival of all places, playing old 60's rockabilly type stuff! A great (and very messy) few days...🥴🥴🥴🕺

Yokel 

Andy loved his Rockabilly stuff.Ive never seen anyone take a crowd on such a musical journey for 6hrs,The man was a musical genius.And yes that night was pretty messy.

• Like 1

I go most years to rooster, my cuppa tea that. Funny enough, it was one of my mates who's to do with the little "reunion nights" I mentioned above who gave me the heads up Andy was going to be playing. He was quite pally with him, think they'd played a bit together way back when....

Yokel 

11 minutes ago, YOKEL said:

Yokel 

And I wernt having a poke at your nights mate as we have a very similar scene down here.100/150 people fro. All over east kent that have been into the scene forever and just catch up every now and again and party to a few local DJs from back that were all still mates with and the odd legend from the music scene now and again.Its these ones where theyre trying to recreate things from 30years ago Next ones A Guy Called Gerald in 3 weeks This'll be the 3rd year running hes played down here

• Like 2