Large fox thread .

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear lads talk about big foxes from time to time but very rarely do I believe them either due to exaggeration by lads prone to same or just lack of pics . Last night I shot the biggest fox I’ve

Biggest I’ve had in recent times was this old dog, head shot it running ( well trotting), though I’d shot an Alsatian when I went to pick it up, picture doesn’t really do it justice ?

I'm going to start a thread " the heaviest fox shooter". I might stand a chance in that comp if I can just beat stav ?

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Cant read the tape but I see 2'!

I’d be happy to see 2” on a cold night?

this worked this out to be at least 43” so I’ll take a draw... I know where I dumped it but I’m fecked if I’m off to measure it now?

• Haha 3

My guess is that it is largely down to genetics and diet . There are like people foxes that no matter how much good quality protein they ingest will never be giants . But get foxes that have a “ large fox” gene . And feed it a diet of lambs or chicken or piglets and you get these brutes . 
        I just googled the largest fox in the uk and it was 38lb , prior to that 26.5lb  . If we are playing the carp fisherman game , what weight qualifies as a specimen?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I'm going to start a thread " the heaviest fox shooter". I might stand a chance in that comp if I can just beat stav ?

You might stand a chance now as I’m at my prime fighting weight, after Friday I’ll be full of Christmas so I’ll be reclaiming the title of heaviest fox shooter ??

• Haha 2

The biggest fox I ever shot was a vixen in my garden. She wasn't particularly tall or long, and she wasn't fat, but her head and feet were massive and she weighed a ton. As it was only a few feet from my shed I got my fishing scales out to weigh her and she went 24lb. That's probably about twice what an average vixen weighs. 

DSC_0003.JPG.7e4b77a387f68e7be38790451a20ce50.JPG

This one was probably a similar weight but he was normal size frame and a right fatty. 

IMAG0028.jpg.b1871a9c031a5d0a26d750b2389513b6.jpg

1 hour ago, walshie said:

The biggest fox I ever shot was a vixen in my garden. She wasn't particularly tall or long, and she wasn't fat, but her head and feet were massive and she weighed a ton. As it was only a few feet from my shed I got my fishing scales out to weigh her and she went 24lb. That's probably about twice what an average vixen weighs. 

This one was probably a similar weight but he was normal size frame and a right fatty. 

Hang on....are these your fishing scales? The ones you've adjusted ?

?

The second one looks to cuddly to shoot ?

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, walshie said:

24lbs for a vixen is unbelievably big, yes twice the average weight.

• Like 1