Large fox thread .

Not big on maintenance of any sort tbh .If it blows up buy another .My brother in law gets real arsey when he sees the state of my vehicles as his are always mint .He’s a game shooter but I doubt very much if he’s a drive to peg type preferring to cadge a rude with someone else rather than get his dirty .Slipper in the cab bloke ?

Any truck of mine has to go where I’m going like it or lump it .Killed 3 in the process .I always like to see a dirty truck tbh ,usually means the owner ain’t got time for fecking about cleaning it ,rather be out doing it .A good whiff of blood front the back is nice too and an inch of dirt in the footwell .

• Like 6

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear lads talk about big foxes from time to time but very rarely do I believe them either due to exaggeration by lads prone to same or just lack of pics . Last night I shot the biggest fox I’ve

Biggest I’ve had in recent times was this old dog, head shot it running ( well trotting), though I’d shot an Alsatian when I went to pick it up, picture doesn’t really do it justice ?

I'm going to start a thread " the heaviest fox shooter". I might stand a chance in that comp if I can just beat stav ?

Posted Images

Just now, socks said:

I shot this pair the other night. The dog fox is a monster 

6617BCC1-D4F8-4C18-88A7-E9231CF457BD.jpeg

Looks massive Ken ,did you measure it at all or weigh it .

Guessing that’s a vixen  by it but I can see a scale against the truck back .

43 inches to beat mind ?

I didn’t as I’m not into all that malarkey to be fair I kill them and as far as I’m concerned that’s it. But I did give this fox to a deer stalker that’s into his gold Medals etc so I will ask him what the weight length was etc. 

• Like 3

I’m not that fussed either Ken but when a unusual animal comes along I do notice  it and took the measurements to see how it faired with other large specimens either on here or future outing of my own .The legs first caught my eye then the head rather than the weight .

12 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I’m not that fussed either Ken but when a unusual animal comes along I do notice  it and took the measurements to see how it faired with other large specimens either on here or future outing of my own .The legs first caught my eye then the head rather than the weight .

The head and neck were massive ? 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, socks said:

I didn’t as I’m not into all that malarkey to be fair I kill them and as far as I’m concerned that’s it. But I did give this fox to a deer stalker that’s into his gold Medals etc so I will ask him what the weight length was etc. 

If interested now, if you know the tailgate width the towing ball is in the centre and the tail not quite stretched out. Should be possible to make a reasonably guess from that. 

17 hours ago, socks said:

The head and neck were massive ? 

I dig a vixen a couple of 3 years back what had a head and neck that made it look un natural,it was massive and the head sort of attatched to the shoulders without there being a clear narrow neck as such. The body was of normal size but the head and neck were 3 times the size they should have been,wish i'd have kept it but a 12 bore up close don't make for good mounts eh..:doh:

• Haha 1

I shot my personal best fox a few years ago . I was convinced it was huge and some sort of record. It weighed in at just over 20lb . 
             I feel like the small guy in the shower compared to you lot , with all that measuring , I’m going to grab my towel , see ya ? 

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I shot my personal best fox a few years ago . I was convinced it was huge and some sort of record. It weighed in at just over 20lb . 
             I feel like the small guy in the shower compared to you lot , with all that measuring , I’m going to grab my towel , see ya ? 

That's the thing SL anyone can say they have shot a huge fox but have they actually weighed it. I am fanatical about records and when I first started shooting foxes used to weigh every one. A good dog was 16lb and vixen 14lb , a 20 lb fox is a heavy fox  ? I think I have only had 3 over 20lb with the heaviest 23.5 lb . 

14 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's the thing SL anyone can say they have shot a huge fox but have they actually weighed it. I am fanatical about records and when I first started shooting foxes used to weigh every one. A good dog was 16lb and vixen 14lb , a 20 lb fox is a heavy fox  ? I think I have only had 3 over 20lb with the heaviest 23.5 lb . 

Most of the foxes near me are very similar in size , “peas in a pod” you could say . The foxes near the chicken farm sometimes appear and feel heavy/ well fed . I think +20lb foxes are quite rare . 23.5 lb is a beast .