Bans hunting

You are spot on with that comment J .

“The hunts sometimes don’t helpthemselves when they go places they are asked not to . “
Used to be overlooked but attitudes are changing fast .As much as I love the tradition of it all I’ve come to realise they can at times be pompous aresholes .

Not followed the hunt at all this year but when I was into it big time and known by most of the local hunt I  have to say ,I had an experience that pissed me right off .

We were asked to look at a place where the farmer was lambing and had lost several lambs .Date was last New Years Eve .Hunt were banned from this farm for failing to repair fences and riding through expectant sheep year before .I totally forgot they were meeting in the village nearby as it wasn’t their usual day for that country .

There is an earth in a field by the lambing unit so looked there first and sure enough there’s the remains of a lamb half in a hole .Terrier in and on in no time after we netted up .Wouldn’t stay still so we waited only to hear hounds in the distance getting nearer and nearer .A fox came into the field and made straight for us .We should of headed it but it went straight into where we were at .In a few minutes we had hounds everywhere and heard the bike coming down the lane .I knew we were going to have trouble as by then I was bordering not on their Xmas list lol.Terriermen drove  right to us ,very surprised to see us indeed ?and thought we were out with them and just beat them to it ?

These circumstances were how I met a well known ex terrier man for the Beaufort years ago  whos attitude was the reverse of the present day chap and we became friends .

When I explained the deal the  huntsman and whip rode up and a bit of pushing and shoving ensued .They wanted to dig to my dog to let Charlie run lol .
I again explained it was going to be shot along with the other one now .It was getting silly with about 12 people rocked up so I phoned the farmer who was extremely pissed off lol.

Most of my nets  had been fecked by the hounds and the place was trenched to feck .

Farmer comes screaming across the field in his land rover screaming before he’s out ,never seen him in such a rage , starts dragging  hounds and pushing people .I had to make myself known in the melee lol.

To cut a long story short they left with tails between their legs .

We killed 3 foxes in that place and the killing stopped .I’m welcome there anytime now but he fecking hates the hunt with a passion .

• Like 2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amusing as that is ,some of us actually do both and stood side by side at the marches .Not  that it did a scrap of good . Chap out wildfowling on his own recently targetted by antis here and fish

I am not into hunting but regard it as a long standing country activity which should be kept BUT as said the hunt brings on it's own trouble because of the total disregard for other peoples land, bord

Know the place well still plenty shooting and stalking going on

Posted Images

On 14/12/2020 at 18:26, villaman said:

Where will it stop though, national trust are talking about banning all hunting on NT land , forestry England has banned fox hunting along with united utilities . What next ban shooting fox , rabbits, squirrels. We already seen GL challenged and that is changing 1st January. 
what’s next!!

They’ve not banned it, it’s suspended. They’ll all review it once the investigation has taken place. Ffs, it’s a small minority making a lot of noise. We need to make some as well and things are happening quietly behind the scenes. Have you seen the tape from the other week? Nothing to worry about, it discussed trail hunting and how to avoid being trapped and caught out by the crafty antis who could then manipulate things to make it look dodgy. Blown out of all proportion IMO 

• Like 1

I’ll be very surprised if hunting is reinstated where it gets banned from .Losing face is more important to some than standing up for freedom .
If  there’s  noise being made in the background they are fecking whispering cos we ain’t hearing it .Same as the ban ,moan like feck  after the event .We need an org that shouts loudest ,actively promoting field sports not on the back foot all the time .When was the last time we had a campaign to promote anything we do .

The orgs we have now ,bar one maybe ,are lazy ,prepared to sit back and do nothing .

I am not into hunting but regard it as a long standing country activity which should be kept BUT as said the hunt brings on it's own trouble because of the total disregard for other peoples land, borders, fences and various live stocks which have pissed off quite a few farmers near me. I am not making a sweeping statement as it doesn't apply to all hunts but the members of hunts need to learn manners and the meaning of private property.

Phil

• Like 4
On 14/12/2020 at 18:26, villaman said:

Where will it stop though, national trust are talking about banning all hunting on NT land , forestry England has banned fox hunting along with united utilities . What next ban shooting fox , rabbits, squirrels. We already seen GL challenged and that is changing 1st January. 
what’s next!!

National trust banned hunting back in 2005 mate .

11 hours ago, philpot said:

I am not into hunting but regard it as a long standing country activity which should be kept BUT as said the hunt brings on it's own trouble because of the total disregard for other peoples land, borders, fences and various live stocks which have pissed off quite a few farmers near me. I am not making a sweeping statement as it doesn't apply to all hunts but the members of hunts need to learn manners and the meaning of private property.

Phil

You are right Philpot . I know the masters from my local pack spend a lot of time on trying to foster good relations with farmers landowners and keepers . They spend half their time grovelling and the other half apologising, it’s a thankless job , but my experience is that they are working on their  image and public relations. It might be too little to late for a lot of people though . 

On 14/12/2020 at 18:40, Sausagedog said:

Buy a bow and camo paint. 

Already banned. Englishmen for thousands of years hunted with bows and arrows yet apparently it was cruel. Funny that because most smaller animals die instantly with hunting tips due to severed arteries and instant drop in blood pressure and larger animals such as deer suffer a similar rapid death from an arrow from a high power bow to that from a rifle round. It's only if you miss the vital areas you need worry more than with a rifle and on something as big as a deer that's a very bad shot from the usully very close bow shooting ranges. Still legal in the US an other countries though. You could always go round Aldi covered in cammo paint (minus the bow of course) That's not banned yet. Just tell them your trying to blend in with the lettuces. They'll probably still section you, but at least it will be funny and they can't ban you for wearing the paint.

Edited by Alsone
1 hour ago, Alsone said:

Already banned. Englishmen for thousands of years hunted with bows and arrows yet apparently it was cruel. Funny that because most smaller animals die instantly with hunting tips due to severed arteries and instant drop in blood pressure and larger animals such as deer suffer a similar rapid death from an arrow from a high power bow to that from a rifle round. It's only if you miss the vital areas you need worry more than with a rifle and on something as big as a deer that's a very bad shot from the usully very close bow shooting ranges. Still legal in the US an other countries though. You could always go round Aldi covered in cammo paint (minus the bow of course) That's not banned yet. Just tell them your trying to blend in with the lettuces. They'll probably still section you, but at least it will be funny and they can't ban you for wearing the paint.

I think you missed my point captain obvious ?‍♂️

• Haha 2