Lads first air rifle

Jesus. The lucky get. My first rifle was an absolute shed. In other news, one of the top 5 most accurate rifles I’ve shot was a Hornet. In fact, the manual multi shot jobby just like that one but the carbine. Far from standard mind. It would split a side on playing card at 35 paces 3 out of 5 times. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Rez said:

Jesus. The lucky get. My first rifle was an absolute shed. In other news, one of the top 5 most accurate rifles I’ve shot was a Hornet. In fact, the manual multi shot jobby just like that one but the carbine. Far from standard mind. It would split a side on playing card at 35 paces 3 out of 5 times. 

That  Hornet sounds excellent, who was shooting it ? :laugh:  x

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Same as foxdropper my first air rifle was a BSA meteor i was thinking about getting one now for my grandson. Do any of your airgun lads know if the meteor is made in a carbine version.

The meteor is a standard barrel with no carbine option and a shorter barrel would make cocking much harder for a youngster.  If I were you, I would buy a Weihrauch HW30 every day of the week, a vastly superior gun.

Phil

• Like 1
6 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

Me too but I don't think mine had any springs in it at all!

My first air gun at the age of 13 , shot it nearly every day until I found larger , cars and girls , all those three let me down , but the meteor is still with me after 47 years ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, villaman said:

My first air gun at the age of 13 , shot it nearly every day until I found larger , cars and girls , all those three let me down , but the meteor is still with me after 47 years ?

Sad bugger Mitch ?

Phil

• Haha 1