Hare for breakfast

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out this morning mooching about just as it was getting light. Managed two decent runs then back home for half 8. On the way back we found a dead hare so I took it home. I cooked the loin for breakfast

Hare at any time is pretty grim but for breakfast ?   The dirty b*****d

Ya can’t beat a bit of game pie and vegetables on the plate,the wife puts all the meat on low in a slow cooker,rabbit,hare,pheasant,partridge,duck,wood pigeon and venison.Cooked for 10-12hrs then in t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kalibrgun said:

It is the best i course on some land sniding with em park in keepers yard and walk out his gate away we go asks us not to run em but accidents happen when dogs are coming back from a good race and a teddy bear jumps up lol inexperienced dogs seem to struggle just getting mouthful of hair. 

I used 2 have that trouble back in the day 

Least most on um shave it off nowadays 

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Kalibrgun said:

It is the best i course on some land sniding with em park in keepers yard and walk out his gate away we go asks us not to run em but accidents happen when dogs are coming back from a good race and a teddy bear jumps up lol inexperienced dogs seem to struggle just getting mouthful of hair. 

Yeah, and me, twice sometimes ?

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Now you're talking, MARMITE is a god damned SUPERFOOD .......... FACT ?

Not a big fan of muntjac its better when you drop the munty carcass off at the butchers with 6 rabbits and 20 quid. The rabbits and 20 to pay the butcher for sausage skins and whatever else he puts in when making sausages. He did me Jack Daniels ones last time they were nice 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Not a big fan of muntjac its better when you drop the munty carcass off at the butchers with 6 rabbits and 20 quid. The rabbits and 20 to pay the butcher for sausage skins and whatever else he puts in when making sausages. He did me Jack Daniels ones last time they were nice 

Had sausages made with guinness in em, and cider. Not tried em with spirits in though. They ok?

29 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

I like it, quite sweet, just a b*****d to skin. But like everything else, we group meat together too much by species. Theres a fair difference in age / sex / time of year / what its been eating etc.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I like it, quite sweet, just a b*****d to skin. But like everything else, we group meat together too much by species. Theres a fair difference in age / sex / time of year / what its been eating etc.

There is I got a couple pheasant yesterday from land that's not been shot or fed this season and compared to the ones that are fed and have the yellow corn fat on em they tasted near on like chewy chicken lol 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

There is I got a couple pheasant yesterday from land that's not been shot or fed this season and compared to the ones that are fed and have the yellow corn fat on em they tasted near on like chewy chicken lol 

Like chicken but richer