carcass prices.?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a mate helping me yesterday. I shot three , by the time I’d tipped the guts out , taken their heads and legs off and dragged them back to the ATV and into the chiller I was knackered . I said to

Forget what you’ve heard about them being the best venison. No different to roe in my opinion. 

b*****ds to skin.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Just to illustrate my earlier post . This is the stomach contents from the other day , full of wheat . If you have the amount of fallow we have , it doesn’t take long before the food bill starts adding up . 

05C4549A-79CF-452A-9F82-ED0F4651CBE5.jpeg

Can you not fence off the feeders?

4 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Can you not fence off the feeders?

You can but my feeders need to be movable as I move them about and I’ve got about 60 , plus Minolas . They also hoover up the trailed wheat . I’ve tried barbed wire but I feel it puts the pheasants off using them . 

21 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

You can but my feeders need to be movable as I move them about and I’ve got about 60 , plus Minolas . They also hoover up the trailed wheat . I’ve tried barbed wire but I feel it puts the pheasants off using them . 

You wouldn’t believe the numbers down here in Sussex ...even after a concerted effort to reduce them throughout the county ..

• Like 1

I’ve seen the vids Rich .Do you not have organised culls on same day across the county ,region like we do here in Wilts .Seems to keep numbers in check nicely .Not sure about this year though as nobody wants them .

The trouble you face I guess is that of protected areas where they head when pressured .Here there dosnt seem to be many of those areas and those that don’t allow the cull are very small .

Ive always thought a national cull ,lads willing to go anywhere and relaxing of night shooting laws would of nipped this in the bud years ago but we are where we are with the fallow pest because of jealous sporting rights persons and a seeming lack of knowledge from many people of actually how to control a species . 
The fallow here that were left alone for years locally were small bodied in comparison to what we see now ,a direct correlation to numbers on the ground .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sussex said:

You wouldn’t believe the numbers down here in Sussex ...even after a concerted effort to reduce them throughout the county ..

A concerted effort, you’ve been sat in ya shorts sipping cocktails ?

Having seen the numbers first hand I can see why you have so many accidents involving them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Rabid said:

A concerted effort, you’ve been sat in ya shorts sipping cocktails ?

Having seen the numbers first hand I can see why you have so many accidents involving them

You tart ...someone has to do the organising , we can’t all be giants dragging deer about like there half grown rabbits ..you stick to the grafting end and let the people with the know how do there work ..You could do worse than getting  down and helping out instead of whinging on the net ..How’s that howitzer shooting ..??

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, sussex said:

You tart ...someone has to do the organising , we can’t all be giants dragging deer about like there half grown rabbits ..you stick to the grafting end and let the people with the know how do there work ..You could do worse than getting  down and helping out instead of whinging on the net ..How’s that howitzer shooting ..??

wouldn’t be no good if we were all blessed with brains ? let me know next time your back in the homeland and I will show you how good it’s shooting ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Rabid said:

wouldn’t be no good if we were all blessed with brains ? let me know next time your back in the homeland and I will show you how good it’s shooting ?

I don’t want to be in the same county as you when your letting fly with that thing , should have gone with the swede and saved all the bollicking about with the creed ...??

8 hours ago, Rabid said:

I don’t want to be in the county as you when your letting fly with that thing , should have gone with the swede and saved all the bollicking about with the creed ...??

• Like 1