carcass prices.?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a mate helping me yesterday. I shot three , by the time I’d tipped the guts out , taken their heads and legs off and dragged them back to the ATV and into the chiller I was knackered . I said to

Forget what you’ve heard about them being the best venison. No different to roe in my opinion. 

b*****ds to skin.

Posted Images

I was talking to my pal who took over my deer perms , my old game dealer who I have traded with for ten plus years and always paid me a premium for quality carcasses said it’s down to 50p  a KILO  , before lockdown .Thats dog food money ..we always got a minimum of £2.50 per kilo in the jacket ...my mates processing a lot of venison ! ! 

My mates like the butcherer side of it,we have a few laughs,beers and get a nice bit of meat.hes also a master chef.he has,got the saws,knifes,hooks,stainless table etc.so id rather pay for them keeps the world ticking over.

On 21/11/2020 at 15:21, shovel leaner said:

I usually sell a munty in the skin for £20 , Roe £30!and Fallow depending on size for anything from £50 - £80 . Game dealer isn’t taking venison at the moment but £2.50 a kilo is about right.

Damn I wish you lived closer! I really want to try a munty but don't get them easily round Cornwall.

6 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Forget what you’ve heard about them being the best venison. No different to roe in my opinion. 

Cheers for the heads up, my favourite is fallow doe, stinky bugger's but best  taste imo.

Unfortunately when I was ill and thought I'd had my chips I gave up my permissions, immediately got snatched up by deer initiative. Never get that back.

Edited by mole trapper