An open fire.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love an open fire. They always make me chilled. My first memory of one is when I was a kid before I went to school. My mam was breastfeeding my kid sister and I was staring out of the window watching

My missus. Minus 23, north of the Arctic circle; Thats when you really appreciate a good fire !

My problem in life is if I earn 500 a day I would only work one day a week, I,m a man of low ambition unfortunately, a day in the woods can save me a couple of hundred quid cutting logs but also saves

Posted Images

Had my daughters party here  all the cool dudes out of london girls all done up.i put on the insane  speaker system  out doors,and most of all a fuk off fire pit.they loved sitting round the fire me too went indoor at 5am.

5 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Had my daughters party here  all the cool dudes out of london girls all done up.i put on the insane  speaker system  out doors,and most of all a fuk off fire pit.they loved sitting round the fire me too went indoor at 5am.

If you did that in the lockdown then mad respect ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Coal fire and silverfish a distant memory from my childhood until i started at the pit and my best mate had one in his kitchen on the white city estate at Maltby can still remember sat in front of it drying out after a shift roosting on lord Scarbrough's  . I had a raeburn fitted when i got married that burned sunbright doubles but it was not the same as an open coal fire.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, king said:

Those fans working off just heat.is some clever engineering.

It’s a thermal thing that creates a tiny electric current by sandwiching different metals with different heat retaining property,s  or some such simular electrically, there is a lot of debate about if they really work or are a placebo, I have three and really rate them, especially if you can keep them going for a few days ?

ABC4A116-F8F2-4594-BC1F-A0886854056A.jpeg

F5EFAD00-F9BA-4866-BFC4-C6AA96034BE8.jpeg

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It’s a thermal thing that creates a tiny electric current by sandwiching different metals with different heat retaining property,s  or some such simular electrically, there is a lot of debate about if they really work or are a placebo, I have three and really rate them, especially if you can keep them going for a few days ?

ABC4A116-F8F2-4594-BC1F-A0886854056A.jpeg

F5EFAD00-F9BA-4866-BFC4-C6AA96034BE8.jpeg

They are clever little things I believe it’s a thermoelectric motor that works on the heat but apparently they rise up off the heat source just enough if they get to hot, and your right the longer you have them on they just keep raising the heat we was sitting in 22c last night any more than that I just sit there in my pants lol...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sid g said:

i was selling on the car boot i saw em come out the the couple next to me car last few year been in the right job for dropping  on a few nice bits the art nouveau fireplace and grate was only around 50 quid 

You have turned it into a nice comfortable setting looks good, best result a mate of mine had he used to collect bits and bobs antiques ect was a musical Squeeze box which allegedly you could only win a certain competition in Ireland with this particular make which the name escapes me at the moment, well long story short similar situation a car pulls up they hadn’t even unloaded he says how much for that squeeze box woman replies give us a fiver, he sticks it on eBay it went mental a valuer came to verify it was what it was meant to be and it went for £4000 lol there’s things out there just got to be a bit lucky and have a good eye. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Coal fire and silverfish a distant memory from my childhood until i started at the pit and my best mate had one in his kitchen on the white city estate at Maltby can still remember sat in front of it drying out after a shift roosting on lord Scarbrough's  . I had a raeburn fitted when i got married that burned sunbright doubles but it was not the same as an open coal fire.

I had a spell on the bins when I lived in Stoke. You always knew the miners houses, they got free coal and their bins were full of  coal ash. Heavy  steel bins full of ash, some of it leaking from a corroded bin bottom straight into your eyes was an occupational hazard.?

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I had a spell on the bins when I lived in Stoke. You always knew the miners houses, they got free coal and their bins were full of  coal ash. Heavy  steel bins full of ash, some of it leaking from a corroded bin bottom straight into your eyes was an occupational hazard.?

When we was kids we had to sprinkle it on the pavements when there was snow and ice acted like the salt they use now, also if you burn wood and not coal the ash was good for the garden and allotment for growing the veg, simple days ?

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

They are clever little things I believe it’s a thermoelectric motor that works on the heat but apparently they rise up off the heat source just enough if they get to hot, and your right the longer you have them on they just keep raising the heat we was sitting in 22c last night any more than that I just sit there in my pants lol...

I, m moving onto a boat this week and initially the wood burner will be my only heat source until I fix the central heating, but as it’s bang in the middle of the boat I would imaging after 2 days I won’t need the heating anyway, especially when I have all my fans dispersing heat both ways ?

• Like 4