Dytkos cottage

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been grating hard to get this cottage ready for end of the year..  More concerned with getting @Dytkos in next year...should be ready for you mate!! Lol   Kitchen going in next we

So the test run starts on Wednesday, I've 3 weeks of family coming, its not 100% finished but finishings now... they'll live with the few snags before it goes to the public in September.... 11 months.

So we've had a good first couple of months, put it on with Unique holiday Stays and the Mrs is running an instagram page which has started to grow quite well.. Trying to finsh the 2nd one for Chr

Posted Images

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Absolutely brilliant mate.

living the dream I tip my hat

Thank you mate,

This aint living the dream!! I'm knackered!! Lol

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Newkid; You got the photo's arse about face! ? I clicked, seeing a new post? It showed me a place in a state. And you saying, " Fair change outside to this cottage..."

I thought, " There fukkin Wants to be! "

It wasn't till I scrolled Up, looking for anything else, I saw the stunning 'Now' shot that should have Followed that 'Then' one! :D

But, fukk yeah! The comparison certainly shows the difference! Unimaginable, what must have been put into that change! Wow!

??... always a bit ass about face mate, but thanks...it has taken some resolve to keep at it!!

So for nigh on 25 years I've been in the building game, and I know how to measure, areas are a doddle... so why the f**k have I just done a hour and half round trip for 11 slates for flooring I measured wrong....stuff like that breaks me!! Lol

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Smart that kev?

Cheers Sean,

Really pleased with how the paviers turned out, we wanted granite sets at first but was over double the cost..

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

So why the f**k have I just done a hour and half round trip for 11 slates for flooring I measured wrong....stuff like that breaks me!! Lol

Oh, I can share that pain! ? Building a gate, at the moment. Made the best part of what I'd consider the greatest gate Ever!

'Painted' that and it's drying. Eager to get on, I put the fence beside where it's going to go.

Finally slowed down enough to think what I was doing. Measured the gate? Perfect! Bang on three foot! I'm a hero!

Measured the gap I've now left? 35 1/2"!!!

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Paviers and yard complete.. 

Finally got windows sorted, will be here mid May.... (let down by a company...I lost my shit in the end on them)

Gone with aluminium frames, so should finish it nicely...

Electrics all up and running, decorating finished (except window reveals), hot tub and decking on route...

The end is in sight...June opening...

Dy, 

Book for mid June if you can...

20210428_074510.jpg

looks great some work gone in to that, i'm sure you will get lots of bookings

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Been on the night shift last few nights...

Windows in...one wasn't delivered will be in tomorrow..ffs!

Loads of work to the outside areas, gravel, fencing, patios etc...finished the decking last night...... always seems like another niggle, and materials are a f***ing nightmare right through this... 

Can't wait to start the next one!!! Lol

20210609_221723.jpg.054733d8d76fc07964b5304e67d75610.jpg20210609_221551.jpg.9f790ee36e8c0db1af8719e4d162979e.jpg20210609_221637.jpg.56c38010d1a796c4971a346a7d85be48.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1