3rd grant for self employed

11 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

It would nice to have a tax break for everyone, but why would you give a tax break to people who didn't lose their jobs and were able to continue working and receive full pay? It goes to show that being a worker in the establishment means your generally as safe as houses, 'Essential' if you will.

Really "Establishment",  Supermarket workers , utility workers,  Doctors and Nurses, care home workers ? And "safe as houses"  I dont think so, they are just as likely to have their jobs ripped away as anyone else. 

Look if you think its right the people that worked throughout putting there selves at risk to keep the country going should now have the their taxes raised to pay for the ones that sat at home for 3 months getting 80% of their wage subsidised , thats fine just do me a favour and dont clap on a Thursday night or draw pretty rainbows on your windows when that shite starts up again because that will seem a pretty hollow gesture in my book.    

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been lucky enough to stay open and be busy. I got the 10 grand grant the first time round. I admit we was lucky to busy and stay open and didn't need the grant financially.  But what  I did do wa

I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't take the payments if they were offered but it's bang out of order if you ask me.  Some folk have not had a day off and still received those funds whilst others

Never meet a subby in my life that does it by the book you and your mates must be the only ones in the UK lol.  Im all for screwing the taxman for as much as you can because he's a robbing bastru

We certainly weren't safe as houses and no option of furlough with my employer either. This year 40% of the department I work in have been laid off, most recently this week with no certain end in sight. The oil industry has been wrecked!

I'm one of the 'lucky' ones, so far. Kinda wondering why I'll be expected to contribute to everyone else 'help' though...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Really "Establishment",  Supermarket workers , utility workers,  Doctors and Nurses, care home workers ? And "safe as houses" 

Yes I said "generally safe."

The Government used the term "Essential." And if you weren't deemed to be in the club of "Essential" workers (ie self employed) , sorry you need to stay at home! Lol.

1 hour ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

It would nice to have a tax break for everyone, but why would you give a tax break to people who didn't lose their jobs and were able to continue working and receive full pay? It goes to show that being a worker in the establishment means your generally as safe as houses, 'Essential' if you will.

Why would you give out payments to those that have worked throughout like they have? 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Look if you think its right the people that worked throughout putting there selves at risk to keep the country going should now have the their taxes raised to pay for the ones that sat at home for 3 months getting 80% of their wage subsidised

23 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Kinda wondering why I'll be expected to contribute to everyone else 'help' though...

Both fair points and I agree to an extent however these kind of remarks are what you would expect from a ' Dummies guide to Government and taxes.'

The "why should I pay for it??" It's not a simply money out money in. There's a bottomless pit of financial backing that can be used to either 'Save' a country from going under or 'Put' it under if needs be as we have seen with economic policy backing for decades.

11 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Both fair points and I agree to an extent however these kind of remarks are what you would expect from a ' Dummies guide to Government and taxes.'

The "why should I pay for it??" It's not a simply money out money in. There's a bottomless pit of financial backing that can be used to either 'Save' a country from going under or 'Put' it under if needs be as we have seen with economic policy backing for decades.

LOL, okay. Thanks for enlightening me.

22 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Yes I said "generally safe."

The Government used the term "Essential." And if you weren't deemed to be in the club of "Essential" workers (ie self employed) , sorry you need to stay at home! Lol.

The term "Essential" was exactly that my friend goverment term or not, with out the above I mentioned continuing I wouldn't have given this country 3 days before the complete breakdown of law and order.

Were you aware any one on furlough could have got a "2nd job" and still receive 80% of their wages from the government ?  I know of at least two people who did this and also a friend who is self employed continued cash in hand work, so yeah I stand by my original statement even if you feel that comes from the "goverments guide to tax and dummies" ?

• Like 1

I had 4 weeks off on 80% furlough... Went back to work and the company had us on 10% less of our wages... Cheeky cnuts... Money went back to normal start of this month... Mrs has just lost her job... All on me now.. Down 1500 a month ?

I don't know one self employed lad that had more than a week off over lockdown, price of materials has nothing to do with it as it was just pasted on to the customer, and the 50 grand bounce back loans aren't going to be paid back in hurry either. 

47 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I don't know one self employed lad that had more than a week off over lockdown, price of materials has nothing to do with it as it was just pasted on to the customer, and the 50 grand bounce back loans aren't going to be paid back in hurry either. 

I'm self employed and the lads i was working with are as well and it was getting materials that caused us to have time off and we had to have at least 6 weeks off at the end of march..

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, fireman said:

I'm self employed and the lads i was working with are as well and it was getting materials that caused us to have time off and we had to have at least 6 weeks off at the end of march..

It was lack of materials that closed us as well fireman, but like I said I don't know one self employed tradesman be it sparks, joiners or plumbers that had anymore than a week off but all got payouts. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

It was lack of materials that closed us as well fireman, but like I said I don't know one self employed tradesman be it sparks, joiners or plumbers that had anymore than a week off but all got payouts. 

They couldn't afford not to based on what the tax man thinks they all earn! :icon_eek: :laugh:

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I would have earned more if i'd have been working that the pay out i got though and i wish i had been working through it all,i'm back at work and subbying for a new firm but if there's another pay out i'll take it as were all going to get extra taxed for it anyway even if we don't take it..

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, fireman said:

I would have earned more if i'd have been working that the pay out i got though and i wish i had been working through it all,i'm back at work and subbying for a new firm but if there's another pay out i'll take it as were all going to get extra taxed for it anyway even if we don't take it..

Believe me if I had of been able to get it I'd of taken it myself who in their right mind wouldn't. And I know there was plenty of genuine cases where it kept lad from going under. 

Im probably just a little jealous. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

read some right bollox on this thread... ive been a subby for 30year, never had a Penny in gov handouts raising 4kids or any of these tax credits,

dont know any of my mates who have or do either subbys put a massive amount back into the economy and take out very little!

when the plug was pulled and it was pulled the Civils firm I worked for off hired every machine and van.. 

the company that supplied mortar and aggregates intently furloughed for 3 months and when the site re-opend the prices had been cut the materials were like rocking horse shit too!

some lads might have prospered through this time but I know for a start not many up north did. 

• Like 1