A Sporting Great.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is a Cnut ......

The only reason these are hostile times is because of people like him !

No it doesn’t but he is a grade a Cnut .....

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

About 10 years ago the creators of the racing game Gran Turismo got in touch with Adrian Newey and asked him to design a car without any regulations that would be possible with the days technology. 

This prototype could lap a circuit a good 20-30 seconds faster than a F1 car. 

Pretty impressive that mate. I reckon a couple of weeks practice, I could handle that ok .............. ?

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Greb147 said:

About 10 years ago the creators of the racing game Gran Turismo got in touch with Adrian Newey and asked him to design a car without any regulations that would be possible with the days technology. 

This prototype could lap a circuit a good 20-30 seconds faster than a F1 car. 

That will just be aero changes with a standard engine you could take another 30 seconds of lap times if you let some F1 teams build th properly for racing. I don't see the point in F1 anymore I'm surprised no ones tried to get an unlimited racing series going in the last few years.

12 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

That will just be aero changes with a standard engine you could take another 30 seconds of lap times if you let some F1 teams build th properly for racing. I don't see the point in F1 anymore I'm surprised no ones tried to get an unlimited racing series going in the last few years.

They are regulated because of safety. 

If they get too fast the chances of drivers dying in crashes goes up substantially. 

Maybe that would make it more exciting and exhilarating but you have to take in to account the safety of the spectators as well. 

Crashing at speeds of 400kph would be akin to a plane crash. 

Never liked bikes myself but owned a few fairly rapid cars over the years.....acceleration wise the fastest ive driven was a few years ago in Cyprus a friend of a friend challenged me to hold onto his Yamaha turbo jet ski from a standing start with the launch control set....some piece of machinery this was !.... the 0 - 60 time was something like 1.8 secs which is quicker than a Bugatti Veyron.....on water !!

Car wise i wouldnt say im a speed freak as my arse drops out much over 100 mph but acceleration away from the line that feeling of being pushed right back into your seat i think is great.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Amazing achievement from now statistically the greatest driver of all time, matching Schumacher's 7 world titles and a favourite to win even more. 

To do it today with a masterclass drive in terrible conditions, brilliant. 

Surely a knighthood is on the cards. 

20 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Amazing achievement from now statistically the greatest driver of all time, matching Schumacher's 7 world titles and a favourite to win even more. 

To do it today with a masterclass drive in terrible conditions, brilliant. 

Surely a knighthood is on the cards. 

Why should he be knighted for driving FFS ??

3 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Why should he be knighted for driving FFS ??

Ask Sterling Moss and Jackie Stewart why, he's the greatest F1 driver of all time. 

What about other sports like football? 

Why stop there, why should men be knighted for singing or acting? 

Edited by Greb147