" Ageing " Meat. WTF?!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a smug ,self satisfied boring twat you are .

I used to ware gloves gutting rabbits......can’t stand that stink lingering on your fingers. Can’t believe there’s an argument about gloves amongst a bunch of big, rough, tough, drive across the

The people that made them up Wilf ...Health and safety is big business .. edited to say poor hygiene has a lot to answer for , perhaps if the Chinese had better we wouldn’t all be up shitcreek ..

Posted Images

Just now, Netmaker said:

I handled both mate I would kill skin and gut out the carcasses and I think after 35yr I would be trained

The game industry may be different mate and it’s a deer they are examining .Training is required to legally put a deer into the food chain .That training includes gloving up every session .Home consumption different though ,

Was merely stating I wouldn't take much  notice of anyone who didn’t observe deer and small game meat hygiene regs who was handling deer .

14 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

The game industry may be different mate and it’s a deer they are examining .Training is required to legally put a deer into the food chain .That training includes gloving up every session .Home consumption different though ,

Was merely stating I wouldn't take much  notice of anyone who didn’t observe deer and small game meat hygiene regs who was handling deer .

I wouldn't take much notice of someone papping on hygiene regs if a knowledgeable guy like in the vid gave me a plateful of venison! Away with her rules and regs and use your common sense instead

• Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I have done all forms of carcasses for the food chain and not wore gloves only a chain mail when boning out when you are doing several animals a day you just don't have time to change  gloves every a 5 minutes what you say about the gloves  you would have a pile 2ft high hot water and soap does the job

• Like 1

Wearing gloves for gralloching is now a must , all venison carcasses put into the food chain will need a ticket to make them traceable should there be a problem .There is a difference between butchering the animal when it has already been skinned ,  and when it’s still in the jacket , you now can’t have carcasses with the jacket on and prepared or ready to be meat in the same chiller .Like everything times and practices change ..

Ive often kept carcasses for a month or more with no mould showing , and certainly not an inch thick ..Treating  the carcass properly before it goes in the chiller is key, putting a wet , poorly shot , or dirty carcass away will end up a wasted one  ..the chiller at the right temperature is also another factor .We never eat any venison that hasn’t been in the chiller for at least a fortnight , and contrary to belief it doesn’t make the meat taste more “ gamey” , it works the same as hanging  beef for the right amount of time time ..The amount of people that have said to me they had venison once but it was tough as old boots , and they didn’t enjoy it ..that’s because it wasn’t  chilled right and for the right amount of time ...

edited to say if you like venison stock up now , price wise it’s on the floor ..last season it ended up at 50p lb that’s dog meat money , and I don’t see it going up this year ..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s amazing the human race has survived so long really ! Lol 

I wouldn’t be eating anything with mould in it but gloves ?......can’t hang skin on and skin off meat in the same chiller ?

Who genuinely gives a shit about these things ? 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

I wouldn’t be eating anything with mould in it but gloves ?......can’t hang skin on and skin off meat in the same chiller ?

The people that made them up Wilf ...Health and safety is big business ..

edited to say poor hygiene has a lot to answer for , perhaps if the Chinese had better we wouldn’t all be up shitcreek ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

Wearing gloves reminded me of a tale my brother told me.

He's a Health & Safety Manager for the local Council.

They needed a top class carpet fitter for a one off job in the new Council Offices.

He had just the bloke, a recently retired old mate who was great at the job, I know, he did my house !

Anyway, my brother set him away on the job and said he'd call by later to see how he was getting on.

When my brother returned, he almost had a fit ! " Where's your PPE ? Your Hi-Viz vest, your hard hat, your safety glasses, you can't use a a Stanley knife without Kevlar gloves, and what the f**k are you doing wearing slippers, where's your safety boots ?"

The old lad gave him a withering look, packed his gear and went to the pub !

Ahh, the good old days, before the world went mad..........

Cheers.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, sussex said:

The people that made them up Wilf ...Health and safety is big business ..

edited to say poor hygiene has a lot to answer for , perhaps if the Chinese had better we wouldn’t all be up shitcreek ...

I hear you mate, trouble is the only ones  who take notice of this stuff are people who do things sensible anyway.....all these paki chicken shops and their suppliers won’t give a shit no matter what.

Your old traditional butchers who worked, scrubbed down their blocks etc etc were always OK all along anyway.
I’m sure you have eaten plenty of meat that you never used gloves or any of that.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I hear you mate, trouble is the only ones  who take notice of this stuff are people who do things sensible anyway.....all these paki chicken shops and their suppliers won’t give a shit no matter what.

Your old traditional butchers who worked, scrubbed down their blocks etc etc were always OK all along anyway.
I’m sure you have eaten plenty of meat that you never used gloves or any of that.

These are the people who put car tyres and loads of worse shit in your dope. Your foods a no brainer to them.

Cheers, D.

2 hours ago, sussex said:

Wearing gloves for gralloching is now a must , all venison carcasses put into the food chain will need a ticket to make them traceable should there be a problem .There is a difference between butchering the animal when it has already been skinned ,  and when it’s still in the jacket , you now can’t have carcasses with the jacket on and prepared or ready to be meat in the same chiller .Like everything times and practices change ..

Ive often kept carcasses for a month or more with no mould showing , and certainly not an inch thick ..Treating  the carcass properly before it goes in the chiller is key, putting a wet , poorly shot , or dirty carcass away will end up a wasted one  ..the chiller at the right temperature is also another factor .We never eat any venison that hasn’t been in the chiller for at least a fortnight , and contrary to belief it doesn’t make the meat taste more “ gamey” , it works the same as hanging  beef for the right amount of time time ..The amount of people that have said to me they had venison once but it was tough as old boots , and they didn’t enjoy it ..that’s because it wasn’t  chilled right and for the right amount of time ...

edited to say if you like venison stock up now , price wise it’s on the floor ..last season it ended up at 50p lb that’s dog meat money , and I don’t see it going up this year ..

£1 KG at the minute. Gamedealers piled high from when the restaurants shut. 

5 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Foxdropper if you aint sure on something dont just make it up 

No need for apologies Rusty lol.Jumped in a bit soon there didn’t you.
I know you hang on my every word and I’m humbled bud .

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

I wouldn't take much notice of someone papping on hygiene regs if a knowledgeable guy like in the vid gave me a plateful of venison! Away with her rules and regs and use your common sense instead

Knowledgeable guy lol .Read Sussex’s post .Mould is not the way to go .

Ok mate ,whatever .Perhaps rather than continually picking my posts to pieces ,which is ok and rather sweet ,you could think for yourself and add to the thread with your vast experience of hunting .The experience you must have to constantly  want to get my recognition and attention .Your still quite low in the pack mind but I’m sure with a bit of creative thinking you could rise unhindered by the other low beta males .
Gloves are mandatory in the game industry whilst gralloching ,skinning and prepping but you crack on with your bollocks if it makes you feel better .