Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, hambone said:

Douwe Egberts coffee jars are ideal for storing the more common spices that its cheaper to buy in plastic bags/larger amount's.

My Mrs drinks loads of it, they go out in the recycling every fortnight.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

I fukking Love It when the postman drops by these days! :D

PC100483.JPG.2c4c6c688d7e31fa54695bbca6628649.JPG

And that's Without the carrier bag full of goodies I also have in waiting!  Ordered some 'Mild Madras' powder, last night. I think that's it now? Until I turn my attention to another recipe, I'll have everything I need to be getting on with. Except fresh things, like peppers, which I'll pick up as required :) 

Fukking Fresh Coriander's still a blocker though! Poxy fukking stuff!!! I'll have to widen my scope. Ask mates if their wives see any. It can be frozen, so there's that ...

Well I just stuck a mutton Rendang in the oven.

Mutton (obviously !) onion, ginger and garlic chopped to a paste and fried off in butter.

Tumeric, coriander, cumin, black pepper and cinnamon Added and warmed through.

Tamarind, coconut milk, juice of a whole lime and rich brown sugar

Dried fruit and chopped almonds.

Smells amazing ! 

• Like 3

Funny; I've just found myself sitting there - never mind where! - considering how I've never in my life had a " Vindaloo ". I've heard of the 'Alpha Male' types, sitting there, sweating bullets as they loudly declared they Loved it. Dunno.

What's that one Phil Lloyd seems to relish? Forget the name now. Bit rushed.

Then there's that " Rogan Josh "? What's that about?

Somewhat rhetorical questions, I know. What can anybody say about a taste?

I guess one advantage, with Al', is that he steers us to making 'A Curry'. That's it. You basically make it and eat it. One portion. So, if I made one and found it dire? No great loss, is it? :)

I just don’t find Vindaloo or Phaul (spel?) pleasurable.

In fact Phaul is torture !

My old mum used to eat it and it looked like a gauntlet !

Tried the most tiny bit once, and I mean tiny......couldn’t taste or enjoy anything for an hour afterwards 

8 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Funny; I've just found myself sitting there - never mind where! - considering how I've never in my life had a " Vindaloo ". I've heard of the 'Alpha Male' types, sitting there, sweating bullets as they loudly declared they Loved it. Dunno.

What's that one Phil Lloyd seems to relish? Forget the name now. Bit rushed.

Then there's that " Rogan Josh "? What's that about?

Somewhat rhetorical questions, I know. What can anybody say about a taste?

I guess one advantage, with Al', is that he steers us to making 'A Curry'. That's it. You basically make it and eat it. One portion. So, if I made one and found it dire? No great loss, is it? :)

Ya lacking the basic fundamental key ,, chillies if you got top notch chillies ain’t to much you need other than garlic , onion ,  cumin n mustard seeds turmeric only trying to help ya not knocking your enthusiasm  Fresh curry leaves an fresh corriander essential  bangs don’t use sugar indians do take ya pic 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3

1D5086E1-7C9D-49E8-A75E-A384C74B2837.jpeg.c91664703ba469a4077a3941642e9b97.jpegAnd ken if you put too much methi  fen Greek in ya food it be like eating a clod of earth lol  , you be needing a decent veg oil and put the minced garlic in toward the end nothing worse the burnt garlic , I tend not to take many pics of curry as it looks dogs vomit but a pic of onion bargi  I made n sold while back you should check the mich star Indian chef on YouTube  he’s good curry leaves n seeds make the oil and prep before starting as it cause fk ups all the stuff they use in foods is real good from the leaves seeds turmeric garlic and more are great fighters and preventers  of diseases forgot fresh ginger not ginger minge but fresh ginger lol 

70F4CC8A-A4F2-4E20-AA54-B0C96D45FC2B.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

Fresh Coriander is in the pipe line!!! At Last!!! :D :D :D Fukking cracked it! My mates wife's gonna be grabbing me some, next week! Fukking Sorted!!! :D

Off to Amazon, in a minute, for some poxy fukkin cloves! I was so sure the supermarket would have a little Schwartz jar? Fukking Ground, weren't they! FFS! 

GL; What's " A decent veg oil ", please? I've only got this old half bottle of the cheapest shit out there. I use it for frying the odd egg. If you reckon it matters? By all means name me a brand, please. I'll get it :)

Are " Curry Leaves " different to Bay leaves?

Oh god! Pass us that rice, please, Wilf! That'd go down a storm with my peppered pig, tonight! :p

I must find and settle on a good rice, actually. Bought a sack of brown basmati. But, nothing I do to it can make it less than hard and gritty :( I'd prefer something softer. Anyone?