Working too hard

10 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

What do you do with that fella? Fillet it? Cook it whole? 

I'm guessing it isn't in beer batter!

I like to keep it simple with gurnard mate, roasted whole with butter and lemon or filleted and fried in butter...its a very tasty fish.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was told I'm working too much this weekend, so today I wrapped at midday and me and the wife headed for Branscombe...she was right..it was perfect... a bit of grub in the beach cafe then I had a few

Me and my fishing/digging pal have just bought this today for the very reason of getting the balance right ,we were all ok on our boat fishing but they were sat bored on the beach.Next year they will

Like my pollock was Sunday afternoon. Out the sea at 2, on the plate at 7.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Astanley said:

Sounds a great day ,get the work /life \family balance right ,and you end up humming van the man s ,days like this, to yourself a lot 

It's a tricky balancing act Stan, but afternoons like yesterday makes you realise theres more to life than graft!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, fireman said:

Me and my fishing/digging pal have just bought this today for the very reason of getting the balance right :thumbs:,we were all ok on our boat fishing but they were sat bored on the beach.Next year they will have some fun on a inflatable banana on the back of this,then we can feck off miles out to some wrecks and banks for some bigger fish..:victory:.

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

Nice mate..?

Me and my bro got something similar...its spent 18 months out of the water so far with engine trouble and our lack of time to sort it...always next year..??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Nice mate..?

Me and my bro got something similar...its spent 18 months out of the water so far with engine trouble and our lack of time to sort it...always next year..??

They recon two of the happiest days in your life is when you buy a boat , and when you sell it .....

The second of those days won’t be far of with me ....fcuk you can shovel some dough into a boat ! .enjoy mate ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great pics and makes me want to get out! Tub Gurnard are crackers I had one of the beach earlier in the year.

I've had boats for 20 years but sold my big boat a couple of years ago due to the time and effort needed to keep it ready and getting it to the water so thinking of getting a kayak, been looking at these Hobie pedal ones as I've never really done any kayaking so not sure how I'll get on with a paddle and like the idea of keeping my hands free for fishing. What's your opinion in them newkid? There the price of a half tidy boat by the time it's all kitted out so still not sure.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

Great pics and makes me want to get out! Tub Gurnard are crackers I had one of the beach earlier in the year.

I've had boats for 20 years but sold my big boat a couple of years ago due to the time and effort needed to keep it ready and getting it to the water so thinking of getting a kayak, been looking at these Hobie pedal ones as I've never really done any kayaking so not sure how I'll get on with a paddle and like the idea of keeping my hands free for fishing. What's your opinion in them newkid? There the price of a half tidy boat by the time it's all kitted out so still not sure.

I'd always fished from boats as well mate, but over the last 6 years or so I've really enjoyed this kayaking malarkey..

I've never used one of the pedal ones, seen them used abroad on a few you tube vids and like you say have your hands free is a big plus..

I.put the rods in holders with lures out whilst I paddle, then bait fish or cast lures, feather etc on the drift...only thing is it's hard work to keep paddling up tide for the next drift, that's when I.miss an engine! Lol

Just to piss Bob and Sid off..

Mackerel in garlic burnt butter with roasted vine tomatoes for starters..

IMG-20200922-WA0001.jpg.1f848eef5ca9d8e83a38661f412d44d0.jpg

Pan fried Gurnard, with lemon butter sauce, roasted veg and chorizo potatoes for main...

20200922_194911.jpg.d2e32073301da7a11f8e94e07a5742e7.jpg

?????

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Just to piss Bob and Sid off..

Mackerel in garlic burnt butter with roasted vine tomatoes for starters..

IMG-20200922-WA0001.jpg.1f848eef5ca9d8e83a38661f412d44d0.jpg

Pan fried Gurnard, with lemon butter sauce, roasted veg and chorizo potatoes for main...

20200922_194934.jpg.bc8e5bd3e43ac056edec0e75ca2b4bf5.jpg

?????

Twat lol

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Arry said:

Nice one Kev got to take advantage of a bit of good weather. 

Cheers Arry

Cheers Arry, we were only saying how much we liked Gurnard at the comp, I'm sure you me and Robbo all said it was our favourite fish to eat....

It still is...??

4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Cheers Arry, we were only saying how much we liked Gurnard at the comp, I'm sure you me and Robbo all said it was our favourite fish to eat....

It still is...??

Your lucky you, ve tried it if its that nice why ant we ad any lol