Working too hard

16 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Anywhere with a bit of run I find tbh, I use something similar to carp rods with with float at 2/3 foot. Truthfully I just go swivel, float, weight, swivel and hooklength but with a bead between each.

Any pier or breakwater, any rock mark and you'll get em

Yeah, they like a bit of tide running through...used to get a few good ones of Exmouth pier, as you say fishing shallow with mackerel strip was always good.. 

Had a real nice one off Teingmouth back beach fishing live eels for bass, it was 2 ft out of the water before I knew I'd hooked it! Lol

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was told I'm working too much this weekend, so today I wrapped at midday and me and the wife headed for Branscombe...she was right..it was perfect... a bit of grub in the beach cafe then I had a few

Me and my fishing/digging pal have just bought this today for the very reason of getting the balance right ,we were all ok on our boat fishing but they were sat bored on the beach.Next year they will

Like my pollock was Sunday afternoon. Out the sea at 2, on the plate at 7.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah, they like a bit of tide running through...used to get a few good ones of Exmouth pier, as you say fishing shallow with mackerel strip was always good.. 

Had a real nice one off Teingmouth back beach fishing live eels for bass, it was 2 ft out of the water before I knew I'd hooked it! Lol

Find you get more off piers/harbours but better stamp are from the beach or rocks. Good fun on a pop up rig

38 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Where have you been mate?

You've had the weather for it!

Yes mate, weather has been superb, next couple of days look iffy but hoping to find a couple of spots in the estuary that are sheltered.

staying just outside Falmouth, hows Teignmouth fishing now, may move up there for a few days towards the weekend

53 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Yes mate, weather has been superb, next couple of days look iffy but hoping to find a couple of spots in the estuary that are sheltered.

staying just outside Falmouth, hows Teignmouth fishing now, may move up there for a few days towards the weekend

I've not been down there mate, really struggled with time this year, trying to finish these cottages as well as work is a bit all consuming! Lol

Its normally good for a bass or 2 if you have live eels, could be a few decent ones about this time of year too..

How have you got on in Falmouth, I like the fishing around there..

5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I've not been down there mate, really struggled with time this year, trying to finish these cottages as well as work is a bit all consuming! Lol

Its normally good for a bass or 2 if you have live eels, could be a few decent ones about this time of year too..

How have you got on in Falmouth, I like the fishing around there..

I know the feeling, all work and no play.

falmouth has been fishing very well all things considered, getting bait was a problem, and the mackerel size is quite small this yr for some reason.

been out on the wrecks and reefs, had to punch out further than usual to get a better stamp of fish, all the inshore ones were full of tiny whiting and nowt else.

having a day in the estuary today IF I can pick some work up, then a couple of days no fishing before the weather turns good again at the weekend

Really pleases how well the boat has performed, until it stopped charging yesterday, pretty sure I have a dodgy battery connection though so once that’s taken care of I will investigate the charging

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I know the feeling, all work and no play.

falmouth has been fishing very well all things considered, getting bait was a problem, and the mackerel size is quite small this yr for some reason.

been out on the wrecks and reefs, had to punch out further than usual to get a better stamp of fish, all the inshore ones were full of tiny whiting and nowt else.

having a day in the estuary today IF I can pick some work up, then a couple of days no fishing before the weather turns good again at the weekend

Really pleases how well the boat has performed, until it stopped charging yesterday, pretty sure I have a dodgy battery connection though so once that’s taken care of I will investigate the charging

Sounds good mate...

Good luck in the estuary, should be a few fish knocking about, I like this time of year as you've got a chance of all sorts, water is warm and the fish are usually pretty active..

• Like 1