27 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Yep like i say each to their own once your flaked out in the evening,i just like people around me to be on the ball,from what ive seen over the years i think it induces apathy and indifference....saps the will to fight if you like.....i think one of the reasons theres such a big push to legalise cannabis ( and it will be legalised ) is because it makes people tolerate things they wouldnt otherwise tolerate.

I completely agree with that, and the worst of it is that it’s at epidemic levels with the young :( 

I have known only one person in my life who could hack smoking weed and remain up together......other than that, everyone else who I have ever met (and it’s a lot) who smokes weed is altered negatively in some way.

For the younger blokes, well, they are f****d !......they just have nothing about them at all, no gumption, no get up and go and everything that comes with that....f****d ! 
Most of thems life is a train wreck because it’s all about the next joint or where to score weed, then when they get it they can’t be arsed to go to work.

For older blokes, they are in rag order if they can’t get a joint for a prolonged period of time.....can’t sleep, jittery, angry......much like a fag smoker but worse.

Ill not lecture anyone, people can do what they like and i smoked fags for nearly 35 years but I was never in the shit state I see most of the people I have ever encountered.

I don’t drink either and have not done for 26 years for exactly the same reason.

• Like 5

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep like i say each to their own once your flaked out in the evening,i just like people around me to be on the ball,from what ive seen over the years i think it induces apathy and indifference....saps

When I was a bairn my trousers were so thin I could sit on a penny and tell which side was heads or tails.

All you fckin druggies. Its all fun and games till it effects you. My family has been seriously effected by drugs this weekend.  I do some work in a laboratory where they refine the devil's weed

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, WILF said:

I completely agree with that, and the worst of it is that it’s at epidemic levels with the young :( 

I have known only one person in my life who could hack smoking weed and remain up together......other than that, everyone else who I have ever met (and it’s a lot) who smokes weed is altered negatively in some way.

For the younger blokes, well, they are f****d !......they just have nothing about them at all, no gumption, no get up and go and everything that comes with that....f****d ! 
Most of thems life is a train wreck because it’s all about the next joint or where to score weed, then when they get it they can’t be arsed to go to work.

For older blokes, they are in rag order if they can’t get a joint for a prolonged period of time.....can’t sleep, jittery, angry......much like a fag smoker but worse.

Ill not lecture anyone, people can do what they like and i smoked fags for nearly 35 years but I was never in the shit state I see most of the people I have ever encountered.

I don’t drink either and have not done for 26 years for exactly the same reason.

I feel exactly the same......i just tried to put it in a more diplomatic way so as not to offend Greyman ?....or anyone else for that matter.

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think your make up must have a bearing on things as my son is obviously like me and he likes a joint every evening but is far from being lethargic, he fish,s every night of the week gets up at 5am to go and have a shower ready to start work at 7am he grafts on site until 5pm then drives back to the Cotswolds to fish, he will be set up and sorted by 7.30pm then sit back and have a smoke, I guess it’s about being master not servant in what you do, I love a bacon Sarney but 5 a day would kill me ?

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

I feel exactly the same......i just tried to put it in a more diplomatic way so as not to offend Greyman ?....or anyone else for that matter.

It’s just a forum mate no offence and I do enjoy others opinions even if they oppose mine, almost drove to Devon to give south hams a slap when I first joined before I realised how it all works ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It’s just a forum mate no offence and I do enjoy others opinions even if they oppose mine, almost drove to Devon to give south hams a slap when I first joined before I realised how it all works ??

Yeah same ?........that said,manners dont cost much even in this day and age.

• Like 3

On the subject of the negative side of weed I don't see it myself, i know a good few lads that are successful in their chosen careers and definitely don't lack enthusiasm for anything they set their minds on but they all enjoy a toke in their down time maybe it helps them switch off. 

As far as substance abuse goes there is nothing worse than booze imo. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, WILF said:

The sort of people who it affects in a negative way,lack of motivation,not bothering/caring etc are the sort of people who lack all those things without smoking weed.

Their usually pretty dull people anyway with shit jobs and ugly wives.thats not the weeds fault.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
32 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

The sort of people who it affects in a negative way,lack of motivation,not bothering/caring etc are the sort of people who lack all those things without smoking weed.

Their usually pretty dull people anyway with shit jobs and ugly wives.thats not the weeds fault.

Maybe mate, point is, people are promoting weed and at the very best it’s no different to promoting smoking or drinking.

As I said, I’m not being holier than thou To people because I smoked fags for 35 years but not once did I ever think there was any benefit to it, I wanted one and needed one....end of story.

I can sit here and say fags are shite, because they are and I could say that when I was a smoker too.

Everytime I see anything about weed it’s all about how good it is, the benefits......there ain’t no benefits, it’s total shit just like smoking and drinking.

Personally I think drinking is the worst but (for the young) I see weed as a very close second......difference is that I don’t suppose anyone ever went home and smacked their Mrs about or whatever because they had too much weed.

Let just tell the truth, it’s shite ?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Maybe mate, point is, people are promoting weed and at the very best it’s no different to promoting smoking or drinking.

As I said, I’m not being holier than thou To people because I smoked fags for 35 years but not once did I ever think there was any benefit to it, I wanted one and needed one....end of story.

I can sit here and say fags are shite, because they are and I could say that when I was a smoker too.

Everytime I see anything about weed it’s all about how good it is, the benefits......there ain’t not benefits, it’s total shit just like smoking and drinking.

Personally I think drinking is the worst but (for the young) I see weed as a very close second......difference is that I don’t suppose anyone ever went home and smacked their Mrs about or whatever because they had too much weed.

Let just tell the truth, it’s shite ?

I don't see a campaign promoting the benefits,i see counter claims to the nonsense about the dangers if weed.i agree their isn't any health benefits.,it's a vice to me personally but I read about benefits for cancer victims.

The work people do/hobbies people have can injury their health more than afew joints if that makes sense and that's legal almost compulsory.for me if I have a joint and somebody suggests a trip to the theatre I would lack motivation but if they suggested a 15 mile walk across the coast path.lets go and I'd smoke it on the way around.

At the same time I would never promote it or roll up in front of people who don't know me and if my son smoked it I'd be disappointed.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Greyman said:

I hope you lads realise I wasn’t trying to be rude or insulting on purpose or indeed be personal to any of you.

I was simply stating my honest opinion and experiences.

If I said a smokers lungs are wrecked it would not be true for everyone but it would broadly be the case and I’m sure you would all agree......no different lads and I’m sure none of you are that fragile that you can’t take that opinion on the chin for what it is, an opinion ?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I don't see a campaign promoting the benefits,i see counter claims to the nonsense about the dangers if weed.i agree their isn't any health benefits.,it's a vice to me personally but I read about benefits for cancer victims.

The work people do/hobbies people have can injury their health more than afew joints if that makes sense and that's legal almost compulsory.for me if I have a joint and somebody suggests a trip to the theatre I would lack motivation but if they suggested a 15 mile walk across the coast path.lets go and I'd smoke it on the way around.

At the same time I would never promote it or roll up in front of people who don't know me and if my son smoked it I'd be disappointed.

Fair one mate, I’d argue you could say the same about fags in that it relaxes you, focuses you blah blah blah......but imho the downside outweigh the benefits and I can never shed the feeling that the pro weed lobby only talk about cancer patients and medical stuff because secretly they just don’t want to have to creep around to have a joint.......I don’t actually think most weed smokers give a f**k about cancer patients any mire than anyone else does, they just want to have a joint in public and not get pinched.

As I said, Jmho 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I hope you lads realise I wasn’t trying to be rude or insulting on purpose or indeed be personal to any of you.

I was simply stating my honest opinion and experiences.

If I said a smokers lungs are wrecked it would not be true for everyone but it would broadly be the case and I’m sure you would all agree......no different lads and I’m sure none of you are that fragile that you can’t take that opinion on the chin for what it is, an opinion ?

Same as I said to gnash mate it’s just a forum and your opinions are as valid as anyone’s and a lot more interesting than many, ??? oh I was stoned last night up at 6 and out on the foreshore looking for some cat sign I,m now about to clear the ivy from my garage roof and repair a couple of little leaks before winter gets here  ????

EDF2AB35-A2B9-432D-89F5-6F30D22D7B80.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Didn't Howard marks die of cancer? It didn't cure him did it 

No but he sure as f**k had a smile on his face when he went?

Its different things, to different people, like gb said... If your a lazy cnut that can't keep his hands off the mrs, it won't be the weed that does it... Weak minded people, are weak minded people, with, or without using drugs or drinking, they just make you more of a cnut?

• Like 4