deerhound greyhoundx collie

15 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm the opposite.... Can't stand a dog cocking it's f***ing leg and pissing every 5 yards... Drives me nutts?

Same here D C. I've kept only three dogs, as opposed to bitches, in over 40 years.

Yep, that constant sniffing about for a piss, the 'wanderlust' ever on the lookout/sniff for bitches in heat, nah, like you say, drives one to distraction! Lol ?

• Like 3

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres a greyhound/deerhound(first x) cross collie/greyhound(first x) the photos in Bill Dohertys book its his mates dog looks mighty fine to me and a decent dog by all acount

A few deerhound greyhound collie greyhounds I've had over the years. All very capable catch dogs, the big dog in the top pic would take teeth no problem and work round the hole all day long. A litter

Morton is alway praising this x.... I'd personally want a drop of wheaton or bull instead of the collie if it was me?

Posted Images

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Keeping some bitches In decent nick an busy most the year seems to stop em having seasons, iv had a few now that only ever come in when they were injured, hoping this kelpiex goes same way it’s best a both worlds haha

My old bitch never had a season until she took a nasty knock and I semi retired her.... We all thought she was barren ?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

A few deerhound greyhound collie greyhounds I've had over the years. All very capable catch dogs, the big dog in the top pic would take teeth no problem and work round the hole all day long. A litter should of been had from him but I couldn't find a suitable bitch.

I lost the sandy bitch in the field before I got the chance to take a litter from her. Years of breeding in them which was lost through one thing or another. 

20201202_182815.jpg

20201202_182830.jpg

20201202_182844.jpg

• Like 10

shame you lost all the years of breeding from  the strain you had jossa, definetly my stamp of animals, nice strong looking things, do you not run anything these days with any deerhound blood in them, thanks for posting pics,  , j maybe someday the deerxgrey x collie will make a come back ,i would like to think so.

9 minutes ago, grompz said:

shame you lost all the years of breeding from  the strain you had jossa, definetly my stamp of animals, nice strong looking things, do you not run anything these days with any deerhound blood in them, thanks for posting pics,  , j maybe someday the deerxgrey x collie will make a come back ,i would like to think so.

I have 3 bull x, but  I'm in the market for a pup the same way bred as the pictured.  My uncle kept the same stuff for 30 years but as times change he veered away from the running dogs towards deer stalking etc.

The fawn bitch (lay down) she was a father/daughter mating all of that litter were real good dogs. The cross has been great for me over the years.

• Like 1