New shottie under 4k

I was addicted to skeet . It was a real mind game . The concentration and nerves when you are on the last stand and you are straight is fantastic. I like to shoot it with my 32” barrels and full chokes and really dust them , very satisfying.

I would recommend skeet to anyone as a fantastic way of sharpening up your game shooting and getting your gun mount perfect. Olympic skeet is even better .

• Like 3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’ve been stood behind you at the deli counter in my local Tesco , rolling my eyes as you try every bit of cheddar before you decided that you would have to go away and think about it . ?

Obviously if it’s o/u it’s gay, because it’s got its barrels on the wrong way round ?

I went to a simulated day with a mate who hadn’t done much shooting . First drive he burnt is finger on the barrels and got a big blister . The second drive was in the grouse butts and the clays were

4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I was addicted to skeet . It was a real mind game . The concentration and nerves when you are on the last stand and you are straight is fantastic. I like to shoot it with my 32” barrels and full chokes and really dust them , very satisfying.

I would recommend skeet to anyone as a fantastic way of sharpening up your game shooting and getting your gun mount perfect. Olympic skeet is even better .

Yerr, I need sharpening up?

5 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

My mate holds the record at Bywell in Northumberland for skeet shooting 400 straight. I cant imagine the mental strength needed to perform that well.

That is some shooting to do 400 straight. I’ve not even managed 100 straight.

10 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

My mate holds the record at Bywell in Northumberland for skeet shooting 400 straight. I cant imagine the mental strength needed to perform that well.

I am bored shitless after shooting two clays so i would most likely have missed three hundred and ninety eight.?

• Haha 5

When I started clay shooting it was as a laugh , a few of us used to go to a small Sunday morning 50 birder and it was a good way of improving my then lousy marksmanship . 
        I soon discovered a couple of disturbing personality traits about myself, I am very competitive and I am a bit of a big head . One of the lads continually shot a few clays better than me . I just couldn’t have that . So I snuck off to Wednesday evening skeet and Thursday evening sporting , and got a new gun . It wasn’t long and I had the top score . The lads I shot with just a went for a laugh and a piss take , but I took it seriously and tried to concentrate and would get the hump . New serious “clay mates” were called for and I had an old friend who was shooting for the county and started shooting with him . What a difference going around the registered shoots . I love shooting clays , it is a complete escape , I forget everything else and focus and concentrate, try to remember all the sequences and rituals I go through, and fix my mind on that clay . For me there is nothing like it . If I shoot well , I feel on top of the world , shoot badly and go very quiet  , I’ve even thought about kicking the dog a couple of times.?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ianm said:

I am bored shitless after shooting two clays so i would most likely have missed three hundred and ninety eight.?

I must admit.....it does seem an awefull expense to just break pottery. No even good pottery like Doultans!

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Birds don’t fly left , right , high , low ect ect 

and don’t come in from the same direction every time 

I did try it , but found it mundane 

That’s true . And they aren’t losing speed either. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea , but shooting clays has improved my game shooting. 
              Have a go at fitasc if you find standard sporting predictable and mundane , you might like it . 

• Like 1

I’ve never been a fan of clays, mainly because my shotgun shooting frustrates me and when I’m paying for it I get annoyed when I miss, I’ve done simulated game once and I really liked that ( although expensive) no left to right and no single targets, it’s definitely the closest thing to driven game, most drives they had 6 standing guns and they make you wait, you then got a couple of clays overhead so you think you know where they are coming from then the flush starts and they come from everywhere, we did a partridge drive and to do it right you would of needed a loader and to double gun ?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, David.evans said:

SL 

Excuse my ignorance but what is fitasc ?

Fitasc is a federation that has its own set of rules for sporting shooting . I won’t go into all the different rules but basically the shooter has a menu of targets for each stand and they are coming at different angles and you won’t get the repetition of a traditional sporting layout . It’s great fun .

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve never been a fan of clays, mainly because my shotgun shooting frustrates me and when I’m paying for it I get annoyed when I miss, I’ve done simulated game once and I really liked that ( although expensive) no left to right and no single targets, it’s definitely the closest thing to driven game, most drives they had 6 standing guns and they make you wait, you then got a couple of clays overhead so you think you know where they are coming from then the flush starts and they come from everywhere, we did a partridge drive and to do it right you would of needed a loader and to double gun ?

I do a couple of simulated game days every year . I’ve missed one due to convid but I’m down for one next week . And we shoot the drives with someone loading and then swap, Christ you can get through some cartridges. ?

• Like 1